Buying Private & Paying w/E-Transfer

A potpourri of off-topics.
T-T-L

Buying Private & Paying w/E-Transfer

Post by T-T-L »

Does anyone sell on castanet classifieds and right away people assume you take E-Transfer when they show up at your door???

I like E-transfer for nabbing stuff quick, or paying for stuff outta town, but I find it to be a real hassle sometimes too.

You gotta give out your First/Last Name, Personal Email, make sure they type the email right, possibly tell it to them 3 times, small talk the person till the email/money comes in. I have had it take up to 30 minutes before

All this for $40 bucks sometimes. We even had a garage sale this year and a couple people wanted to pay $5.00 and $10.00 with E-Transfer.

Support your local Brinks Armored Branch and grab some Cash already :up:
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Buying Private & Paying w/E-Transfer

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I have only done e-transfers with friends or families.

And I just realized I've never been on the receiving end. :200:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 8:03 pm I have only done e-transfers with friends or families.

You know that old saying:
“It is better to give than to receive”. :biggrin:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
2manyfords
Übergod

Post by 2manyfords »

Cash is king...
Trying to think of something profound, and full of wisdom to place here...any suggestions?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

bb49 wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 8:03 pm I have only done e-transfers with friends or families.

Same here except I'm on the receiving end as well. If I'm busy and my gf is heading to the store, she'll call and ask if I need anything. If I do, I tell her what I need and e-transfer money to her account to cover my purchases plus a bit extra just in case prices have gone up. If I need some extra cash and don't feel like going to the bank, I'll send money in the same e-transfer and she'll do a cashback at the store and drop it off at my house with the groceries, meds or whatever she purchased for me. Same if I'm going and she's not. Once home, not hard to e-transfer the remaining money back.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I haven't had cash in years and years. All digital, baby!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The only info they need is your email address that is assigned to your account.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I have done a number over the past year, and it has worked out well. Especially on FB Marketplace; pay, grab the item that is left at the door or in the mailbox (or other similarly hidden spot) and off you go, no contact necessary.

My latest hyper-fixation is vintage jewellery, and it's small enough.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Grab Bag”