Pot shops call for equality

cv23
Guru

Re: Pot shops call for equality

Post by cv23 »

I agree it should have been better researched before opening a potshop.
The only thing that should be researched is why a business owner should jump through the hoops and pay through their :cuss: to operate legally when they could just operate illegally and suffer no consequences for doing so.
Kel0wna
Fledgling

Post by Kel0wna »

cv23 wrote: Dec 4th, 2021, 12:58 pm
The only thing that should be researched is why a business owner should jump through the hoops and pay through their :cuss: to operate legally when they could just operate illegally and suffer no consequences for doing so.
Don't act like these business owners deserve any sympathy. They jumped on the legalization of a drug, treating it like the new gold rush. The hype around legalization and pot stocks was out of control. Here's a tip, if everyone thinks they will get rich off something try doing some critical thinking.

These business owners crying about what's fair now is a joke.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

That is so very true. I know a fellow who had to go through it. Once that level was met they then raised the bar or standards. I believe it was a process of elimination . Very costly as it was.

Now the illegal shops do not have to do a thing. I believe there is a problem as who know where their produce is coming from and that was the intent of this Government to cut the black market. That was just a joke, if they felt they could do that.
Boarder4
Fledgling

Post by Boarder4 »

It’s funny to watch these characters walk into these places. You get all kinds of entertainment with the dopers trudging along
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

The original intent of legalization was to ‘protect children’ and keep ‘proceeds from the hands of criminals’. They didn’t say which criminals. Trudeau could have meant himself. Needless to say, whatever the liberal party was selling, their reasoning was ridiculous and their ability to properly manage is zero.
All pot shops should follow the same health regulations. Apparently home grown is illegal too if solvents are used.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Pot shops may well call for equality, however not a damn thing will be done. No law enforcement agency is going to go onto any rez and shut down, or even try, a pot shop. #1 industry on Penticton rez. Drive up to Apex and you drive by something like 5 shops over a kilometer or two.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Pot shops may well call for equality, however not a damn thing will be done. No law enforcement agency is going to go onto any rez and shut down, or even try, a pot shop. #1 industry on Penticton rez. Drive up to Apex and you drive by something like 5 shops over a kilometer or two.
What about the hundreds if not thousands of illegal online dispensaries? What is the governments excuse for not dealing with them, or is the internet also "sacred ground"?
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

The only place I go is on res land. For that reason. Govt is growing and selling. Garbage
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Boarder4 wrote: Dec 4th, 2021, 7:51 pm It’s funny to watch these characters walk into these places. You get all kinds of entertainment with the dopers trudging along
The same could be said outside of a liquor store or pub
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Kel0wna wrote: Dec 4th, 2021, 7:03 pm

Don't act like these business owners deserve any sympathy. They jumped on the legalization of a drug, treating it like the new gold rush. The hype around legalization and pot stocks was out of control. Here's a tip, if everyone thinks they will get rich off something try doing some critical thinking.

Show me cannabis is a drug… more healing power in the plant than we could imagine and it’s being shown daily.
nicholas p
Fledgling

Post by nicholas p »

Tankur wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 12:18 pm

Show me cannabis is a drug… more healing power in the plant than we could imagine and it’s being shown daily.
Here it is
Cannabis is a cannabinoid drug. The number of different cannabinoids in the cannabis sativa plant is still being researched, but it primarily contains the psychoactive cannabinoid THC (delta9 tetrahydrocannabinol) and the non-psychoactive cannabidiol (CBD). It's most commonly known as marijuana.
Secondly nothing about this plant is scientifically proved otherwise it wouldn't be banned in most of the countries in the world
Kel0wna
Fledgling

Post by Kel0wna »

The problem with cannabis is that it makes people ok with being bored and unproductive for hours. We have one life to live, and to squander it with drugs or alcohol is truly sad.

Hitting a vape in a social setting before watching a movie or PPV is not what I am talking about. Many people choose to sit around and smoke alone at home, gaming and watching netflix as the years go by.
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

nicholas p wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 1:27 pm

Here it is
Cannabis is a cannabinoid drug. The number of different cannabinoids in the cannabis sativa plant is still being researched, but it primarily contains the psychoactive cannabinoid THC (delta9 tetrahydrocannabinol) and the non-psychoactive cannabidiol (CBD). It's most commonly known as marijuana.
Secondly nothing about this plant is scientifically proved otherwise it wouldn't be banned in most of the countries in the world
Laughable 🤷🏾‍♂️ Many articles just like this proving the opposite cheers
Kel0wna
Fledgling

Post by Kel0wna »

Tankur wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 12:18 pm Show me cannabis is a drug… more healing power in the plant than we could imagine and it’s being shown daily.
Tankur wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 6:40 pm
nicholas p wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 1:27 pm
Here it is
Laughable 🤷🏾‍♂️ Many articles just like this proving the opposite cheers
[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] I didn't take you literally with your first post.

I believe the lack of thought put into your responses are evidence of the effects that drugs can have on someone's cognitive abilities. These effects can be long term for some, unfortunately.

You could prove me wrong and put a little more thought and effort into the next time you want to quote me.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Jlabute wrote: Dec 4th, 2021, 8:08 pm The original intent of legalization was to ‘protect children’ and keep ‘proceeds from the hands of criminals’. They didn’t say which criminals. Trudeau could have meant himself. Needless to say, whatever the liberal party was selling, their reasoning was ridiculous and their ability to properly manage is zero.
All pot shops should follow the same health regulations. Apparently home grown is illegal too if solvents are used.
It bought votes and brought young dopers out to vote!! The suggestion of stomping out organized crime was a joke.

Just like the latest gun bill. That will not change the number of deadbeats being shot dead.

Return to “Central Okanagan”