Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by GordonH »

8 years for all life’s that was ended and were changed, really doesn’t sound like enough to me.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

GordonH wrote:8 years for all life’s that was ended and were changed, really doesn’t sound like enough to me.

He'll be out in 2... 3 max. Our justice system is a joke. So is the immigration system for that matter. If he's so educated, and likely well off (or his family is) he can go try his luck in another country. Doesn't matter if he's 'remorseful' (which I doubt, he's likely more sorry that he's in this predicament rather than what he's done to all those people) he committed a crime. There should be no reward for that. Time for this country to start getting tough on criminals. Stop coddling and rewarding them.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

In the poll I said Deport Him,
More as a precedent than anything else.

I still think his former boss is who should have been thrown away for life.
Hiring a newby driver and not giving them some additional training should be a criminal offense.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

The guy made a mistake that had tragic consequences. Everyone in Sask and Alberta blasts across highways without stopping or even slowing down. It's scary as all get out to drive there sometimes. I don't think the guy should be deported after he's served his time. I really don't know purpose that will serve. If he was drug dealer, thief or violent offender that would be different.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

techrtr wrote:The guy made a mistake that had tragic consequences. Everyone in Sask and Alberta blasts across highways without stopping or even slowing down. It's scary as all get out to drive there sometimes. I don't think the guy should be deported after he's served his time. I really don't know purpose that will serve. If he was drug dealer, thief or violent offender that would be different.

what he did was waaaaaaay beyond a mistake,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

the truth wrote:
techrtr wrote:The guy made a mistake that had tragic consequences. Everyone in Sask and Alberta blasts across highways without stopping or even slowing down. It's scary as all get out to drive there sometimes. I don't think the guy should be deported after he's served his time. I really don't know purpose that will serve. If he was drug dealer, thief or violent offender that would be different.

what he did was waaaaaaay beyond a mistake,

It was a mistake. He obviously had no intention of causing a horrendous accident. By your logic, if an airline pilot makes a mistake and there's an accident, he should go to prison - if he survives. Lots of plane crashes are caused by pilot error. There could be a fair sized jail just for pilots who have messed up (but there isn't).
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Deportation ruling delayed.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/35 ... ase#353786
Ruling must STOP reflecting that life is cheap. The law is the law, just process and deport him.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

the truth wrote: Oct 30th, 2020, 4:27 pm what he did was waaaaaaay beyond a mistake,
Well as usual you are waaaaaay wrong again. It was a driving mistake made by a new transport driver. He didn't run or hide or take a plea. He stood and faced the music, bravely. He has demonstrate supreme remorse in this way, and for this reason I say he's a better citizen than most calling for a deport and frankly he is actually quite a role model for accepting accountability and standing to be accounted. I wonder truth, what you would do in the same circumstance? Run hide and plea, or stand and be counted...
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Mtn Biker wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 2:20 pm
the truth wrote: Oct 30th, 2020, 4:27 pm what he did was waaaaaaay beyond a mistake,
Well as usual you are waaaaaay wrong again. It was a driving mistake made by a new transport driver. He didn't run or hide or take a plea. He stood and faced the music, bravely. He has demonstrate supreme remorse in this way, and for this reason I say he's a better citizen than most calling for a deport and frankly he is actually quite a role model for accepting accountability and standing to be accounted. I wonder truth, what you would do in the same circumstance? Run hide and plea, or stand and be counted...
Firstly, I would not run the stop sign, ample warning a stop was ahead. What's wrong with him being deported, he has the rest of his life ahead of him, unlike the victims. In this particular circumstance, how could he not show remorse, and where exactly would he run and hide. I feel unless all parents of the victims involved agree not to deport, then there is a chance of him staying in Canada.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 2:54 pm
Firstly, I would not run the stop sign, ample warning a stop was ahead. What's wrong with him being deported, he has the rest of his life ahead of him, unlike the victims. In this particular circumstance, how could he not show remorse, and where exactly would he run and hide. I feel unless all parents of the victims involved agree not to deport, then there is a chance of him staying in Canada.
Firstly, he did not run the stop, he failed to stop because of a distraction that caused him to not see the ONE and only stop sign. Second what's wrong with being deported is it sends the wrong message. How come all the Indo gangs of Vancouver don't get deported??? They are killing people. How come there are a least 15 accidents this morning on the snowy roads and why are people who can clearly not drive in the winter allowed to do so. Lastly, only a few of the parents are calling for deportation, most are willing to forgive and move on.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Mtn Biker wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 3:07 pm
two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 2:54 pm
Firstly, he did not run the stop, he failed to stop because of a distraction that caused him to not see the ONE and only stop sign. Second what's wrong with being deported is it sends the wrong message. How come all the Indo gangs of Vancouver don't get deported??? They are killing people. How come there are a least 15 accidents this morning on the snowy roads and why are people who can clearly not drive in the winter allowed to do so. Lastly, only a few of the parents are calling for deportation, most are willing to forgive and move on.
What distraction is so damn important that it trumps seeing a red flashing light and word STOP.
No he took a chance nobody was coming and he blew the STOP sign.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

I have gone through a red light.
I have gone through a stop sign.
I have turned down a one way the wrong way.
I was LUCKY I didn’t kill someone.
I am human. I make mistakes.
I am no different than him.
He should not be deported.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 6:58 pm I have gone through a red light.
Agreed.

"He who is without sin cast the first stone."
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 9:18 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 6:58 pm I have gone through a red light.
Agreed.

"He who is without sin cast the first stone."
I wonder if the Canadian justice system has incorporated that into the way there verdict are done. Wouldn’t at all surprise me.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Well if it is something that we have all done then it is extremely hypocritical to throw someone out of the country for it. It could be any one of us who plowed into the bus. Rape on the other hand is something most people will never do, so throw the book at them.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Canada”