New Brunswick now provides grocery stores the option to prevent unvaccinated from entering

Sparki55
Guru

Re: New Brunswick now provides grocery stores the option to prevent unvaccinated from entering

Post by Sparki55 »

OKkayak wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 4:19 pm "Can you provide proof of vaccination in order to enter the premises?"

"How dare you! Its my constitutional right! You're a Nazi!"

"Can you please wear this mask?"

"Sigh, could you at least keep 6 feet away from others?"

And the de-evolution of the pandummies continues.
You can pretend that everyone who disagrees with mandatory vaccines to shop at a grocery store is also a person who calls people Nazis, refuses to wear a mask, and won't social distance. I choose to realize that there are people who disagree with mandatory vaccines but are also people society considered to be normal 2 years ago in most other aspects of their life.

Of course people who yell at others, call others Nazi's and won't wear a mask are inconsiderate and we can judge them as such.

So blur the lines as you wish. Others aren't buying into it and can see there are clear differences here.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: New Brunswick now provides grocery stores the option to prevent unvaccinated from entering

Post by OKkayak »

Sparki55 wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 4:33 pm
You can pretend that everyone who disagrees with mandatory vaccines to shop at a grocery store is also a person who calls people Nazis, refuses to wear a mask, and won't social distance. I choose to realize that there are people who disagree with mandatory vaccines but are also people society considered to be normal 2 years ago in most other aspects of their life.

Of course people who yell at others, call others Nazi's and won't wear a mask are inconsiderate and we can judge them as such.

So blur the lines as you wish. Others aren't buying into it and can see there are clear differences here.
Hold on their buckaroo, where did I say "everyone"?

In fact, the very last sentence I specifically referred to "pandummies" :smt045

Read before your bunch up your tighty whities :up:
Y-Wine
Fledgling

Post by Y-Wine »

Question to all the self righteous Vaxxed people. What are you worried about? You listened to Big Brother and followed all the rules. They say you will not die. So why do you feel it is your right to tell an unvaccinated person how to live their life? Are you afraid you will get sick? Or Die?
I don't think there is one person amongst any of us that has never missed work because we where sick with the flu in the old days. So that argument doesn't count.
You are going to Die? Remember the part where you listened to Big Brother.. "You will be perfectly fine." (Trust us)
You can't use the excuse that the anti-vaxxer is killing people. Because, Big Brother said the sheeple will not die. (Trust us)
So why all the Hate?
You know why? Because the sheeple don't trust Big Brother.
That puts them on the same level as the Anti-vaxxer. The difference being is the anti-vaxxer will call Big Brother Out. And we vilify them for doing it.
At the end of the day "EVERYONE" will GET this PLAGUE. Some will make it and some will not. Get over it!
The excuse that the Hospitals will be over run is another Big Brother story. Put all the Covid cases in an Army Tent hospital and give them the basics. There is no use in trying to save everyone as the damage to the real sick ones, will be a life long problem anyway.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Y-Wine wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 4:57 pm Question to all the self righteous Vaxxed people. What are you worried about? You listened to Big Brother and followed all the rules. They say you will not die. So why do you feel it is your right to tell an unvaccinated person how to live their life? Are you afraid you will get sick? Or Die?
I don't think there is one person amongst any of us that has never missed work because we where sick with the flu in the old days. So that argument doesn't count.
You are going to Die? Remember the part where you listened to Big Brother.. "You will be perfectly fine." (Trust us)
You can't use the excuse that the anti-vaxxer is killing people. Because, Big Brother said the sheeple will not die. (Trust us)
So why all the Hate?
That puts them on the same level as the Anti-vaxxer. The difference being is the anti-vaxxer will call Big Brother Out. And we vilify them for doing it.
At the end of the day "EVERYONE" will GET this PLAGUE. Some will make it and some will not. Get over it!
The excuse that the Hospitals will be over run is another Big Brother story. Put all the Covid cases in an Army Tent hospital and give them the basics. There is no use in trying to save everyone as the damage to the real sick ones, will be a life long problem anyway.
One time in band camp - people who didn't know what the hell they were talking about - said everyone was gonna get a "plague". So why bother? I have 1 reason. There may be someone who has a weaker immune system (not from obesity) who will be susceptible to the covid virus. So do it for others instead of abstaining for me.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

OKkayak wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 4:36 pm Hold on their buckaroo, where did I say "everyone"?

In fact, the very last sentence I specifically referred to "pandummies" :smt045

Read before your bunch up your tighty whities :up:
You didn't specify. Without specification, it's easy to see you are lumping everyone into the same group.

Then you call me buckaroo and comment on my tighty whities as if I'm some kid with things to learn here...
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 5:20 pm So do it for others instead of abstaining for me.
There are 5 people on a train track. The train is going to hit them and they are going to die. You stand on a bridge above the track and the only option to save the people on the track is to push this large gentleman beside you off the bridge and onto the track, he will die, you are too small to stop the train but his size will certainly stop the train.

Do you sacrifice the bystander and push him onto the track to save the 5 people?
If your answer is no, you side with over 90% of the population.

I'd like to see the mental gymnastics to go from not killing an innocent bystander in the example above to killing someone with a vaccine to save other people. Before you argue that the vaccine is safe, don't fool yourself that not ONE person has died from taking it, there is at least a few.
Last edited by Sparki55 on Dec 6th, 2021, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y-Wine
Fledgling

Post by Y-Wine »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 5:20 pm
Y-Wine wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 4:57 pm Question to all the self righteous Vaxxed people. What are you worried about? You listened to Big Brother and followed all the rules. They say you will not die. So why do you feel it is your right to tell an unvaccinated person how to live their life? Are you afraid you will get sick? Or Die?
So why all the Hate?
One time in band camp - people who didn't know what the hell they were talking about - said everyone was gonna get a "plague". So why bother? I have 1 reason. There may be someone who has a weaker immune system (not from obesity) who will be susceptible to the covid virus. So do it for others instead of abstaining for me.
That's like saying, your a terrible driver, so you should never drive. You might have or cause an accident.
"Take one for the Gipper" Not.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

So why all the Hate?
Nobody is vilifying the unvaccinated.

It is really simple. It is clear that best way forward is to vaccinated, barring very rare medical situations. In fact, it is even more important to get vaccinated if you can to protect those who have the rare medical situations where they must not get vaccinated.

At the moment, we have a "pandemic of the unvaccinated". That has a number of ramifications for vaccinated folks. The primary one being denial of access to important medical care. The hospitals being plugged up with COVID patients, which at the moment are very largely unvaccinated folks, means taht people are not getting everything from knee replacements to "non urgent cardiac care" (don't quite follow what THAT is, if you have a heart problem...) to delayed cancer treatments. What about those people's "rights"? There are less significant prices that vaccinated folks face as result of the "pandemic of the unvaccinated" as well. Gathering restrictions coming back in. Mask mandates. Travel resting and border restrictions.

Those various and sundry effects are having consequences for vaccinated folks.

Where you do find vilification it is almost entirely directed at the anti-vaxxers, who have done and continue to do very stupid things - like the Remembrance day disruption here in Kelowna. Those vocal anti-vaxxers are responsible for creating a lot of animosity, but I don't expect such conspiracy theory believers to ever shut up. Just expect a #$%% %## if they get in my face.

But there is always Karma and a little Darwinian evolution thrown in: https://www.thedailybeast.com/marcus-la ... f-covid-19

"High-Flying Anti-Vax Evangelical TV Network Founder Dies of COVID-19"

Back to the New Brunswick situation: I expect that any grocery stores that opt for vaccine mandates will offer curbside pick up at no extra cost. That would just make business sense. Although I doubt that you will see many grocery stores that choose to go the vaccine mandate route. They have a hard enough time just getting the doofus brigade to wear masks.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

At the end of the day, I am free as a bird. I got my jabs and I can go anywhere I want. And as time goes by - everyone from the government down is tired of clowns who make a spectacle of themselves and refuse. No one cares what library book you found that hasn't been read for 50 years. Or the deep web parlour halls where people are mentally unstable.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Sparki55 wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 5:22 pm
You didn't specify.
But I did.

If you don't understand what a pandummy is, well I can't help ya on that - sorry :138:
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 6th, 2021, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stop trying to work around the censor.
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

https://www.mondaq.com/canada/governmen ... n-policies

It is clear that in BC both governments, businesses, and employers have the right to initiate COVID vaccine mandates/requirements. Similarly citizens have the right to refuse to be vaccinated. If their refusal is based on a verified medical circumstance they must be accommodated within the vaccine mandate/requirement. However, those that do not comply for political, emotional, or contrarian reasons do not have the legal or Charter right to accommodation.

I support a person's right to not be vaccinated. Within our family, members have had to adjust their social and personal lives and interactions because they have chosen not to be vaccinated. They have accepted the results and responsibilities related to their decisions. I have little respect or understanding for those who have chosen to be unvaccinated and expect the rest of the world to accommodate them.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

erinmore3775 wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 8:09 pm I have little respect or understanding for those who have chosen to be unvaccinated and expect the rest of the world to accommodate them.
You've reframed the argument.

Those of us who oppose mandates do not expect the unvaccinated to be accommodated.

We expect the mandates to be justified, which would require proof they are necessary - i.e., that there is no better way to protect people from getting covid.

We know the vaccinated spread covid, too, and the suppression of symptoms by the vaccine suggests the vaccinated are less likely to know they are infectious. Yet it's vaccination status and not infectious status that determines whether or not we can accompany a neighbour to the hospital, sit in a sporting arena, or dine out. And now, shop for groceries in-store.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

erinmore3775 wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 8:09 pm I have little respect or understanding for those who have chosen to be unvaccinated and expect the rest of the world to accommodate them.
I too have little respect and understanding, though mine is directed to those who think they have the right to exclude people from certain activities because they believe it is unsafe.

8f the vaccine is so safe and effective why does it only work if everyone has it?
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

Vaccines do not prevent disease, they merely reduce disease spread. To be effective the population must be cooperative. For those who refuse to be vaccinated for non- medical reasons I wonder how many of them have had a family member or close friend die of COVID? How many of them have had a family member or close friend had a cancer treatment or "elective surgery" postponed because the hospital did not have room for them because of COVID patients? How many of the protesters have a family member or a close friend who are involved in the health care system and been harassed for their job or even caught the virus and spread it to their family?

I have a friend or family member in every one of those categories. I also have family members who refuse to be vaccinated. I respect their right of choice and will defend that right. Those of us who have been directly and indirectly affected by COVID understand the responsibilities necessary for controlling the disease. The conscientious objectors of our family respect the rights of others, recognize their responsibilities to others, and have accepted the limitations their choices have made on their lifestyle.

If a person wants to attend a concert, eat in a restaurant, or drive a car then one must follow the rules. If one objects to those rules they must find alternatives, watch the concernt on pay TV or order food in. One can shop on line. We all have choices and the freedom to make those choices, but with every choice their is a responsibility and a consequences. If your choice is not to be vaccinated, celebrate that choice. Just do not expect the rest of society to bend over backwards to accommodate your choice.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill

Return to “Canada”