Were you offered a Booster within six months?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Re: Were you offered a Booster within six months?

Post by vinnied »

PoplarSoul wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 2:17 pm
oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 8:58 pm 1st shot on May 11th, 2nd on June 23rd and booster scheduled for Dec 22nd. Clinic here only has Monday and Wednesday appointments and first available was the one I booked. Could get it sooner if I wanted to schlep into Kelowna instead of the clinic 3 miles from home.
I'm due in the middle of January.
Is it at Trinity Church again (for Kelowna)?
yes. at the end of the parking lot. They will have workers there outside if you need any help. Or at least thats how it was in the summer
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

vinnied wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 9:39 pm
PoplarSoul wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 2:17 pm I'm due in the middle of January.
Is it at Trinity Church again (for Kelowna)?
yes. at the end of the parking lot. They will have workers there outside if you need any help. Or at least thats how it was in the summer
Nice try.
*removed*
They will let me know where to go when I get a reminder but I was curious as to where it will be this time.
Carry on.
Last edited by ferri on Dec 6th, 2021, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Didn't cancel my appointment but did use the "change your appointment" to get a list of clinics - used my friend's postal code. These are the only clinics that are listed:
CC.png
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 6th, 2021, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Thank you for the information oneh2obabe.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Yes thank you. I didn't think I was able to get one until next year and that confirms it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The title of the thread is pretty clear. People asking about boosters and their availability. It doesn't require any shots from the peanut gallery.

If ever there was a thread that shouldn't be contentious, this may be it so leave it alone and let those seeking information have access to it.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Like many on here I wondered if the government would "come through" with a booster in 6 months.

I'm > 70.

1st Shot April 11th

2nd Shot June 8th (8 weeks 2 days after first)

Booster November 24th (24 weeks 1 day)

Seamless. Got an email notification on 7 November that I could book online for my booster. I went in to the site and picked the first available date in Penticton. 5:10 PM on November 24th at the SOEC. Walked in a few minutes early, shown to a table, a doctor (looked retired) named "Murray" gave me the shot, sat for 15 minutes and I was off. Left arm a bit tender for two days and as of this coming Wednesday (8 December) I should be all boosted.

My wife 65 (child bride) hasn't been notified as yet. She had her first and second shots the days I had my first and second.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Very helpful comparison, this is what I suspected, that 70 year olds are getting (hopefully) the shot within 6 months, But those who are say, 65 or so, maybe not so much. I would have thought, given the latest advice from NACI that all seniors, or those over 60, would get theirs within the 6 months.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 10:57 am Very helpful comparison, this is what I suspected, that 70 year olds are getting (hopefully) the shot within 6 months, But those who are say, 65 or so, maybe not so much. I would have thought, given the latest advice from NACI that all seniors, or those over 60, would get theirs within the 6 months.
I'll report back when the Mrs gets notified for her booster.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
domain
Übergod

Post by domain »

I'm glad that the first round of boosters are available for those who want them, and I hope that there are no barriers or inconveniences for these people to continue getting injected with boosters.
With honesty and integrity.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Went for a flu shot a few weeks ago & was one week short of the time lag required for the booster.
Went today to a booster clinic, walk in & they were lined up across the parking lot. Gonna go back in another few minutes to see if the line has gone.
Great that people are getting serious about the vaccinations, too bad I was not dressed warm enough to hang out in the cold while waiting for a wam & fuzzy booster.
We're lost but we're making good time.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I Think wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 1:06 pm Went for a flu shot a few weeks ago & was one week short of the time lag required for the booster.
Went today to a booster clinic, walk in & they were lined up across the parking lot. Gonna go back in another few minutes to see if the line has gone.
Great that people are getting serious about the vaccinations, too bad I was not dressed warm enough to hang out in the cold while waiting for a wam & fuzzy booster.
? Location ?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

my5cents wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 1:17 pm
I Think wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 1:06 pm Went for a flu shot a few weeks ago & was one week short of the time lag required for the booster.
? Location ?
You can't drop in to get a booster dose.
November 2021 to January 2022: Key priority groups
Seniors 70+
You will be invited to book an appointment to get your booster.

Invitations will be sent out by risk, age group (from oldest to youngest based on the year you were born) and the date of your second dose.
Starting in January 2022, people 18 years and older will get a booking invitation between 6 to 8 months after the date of their second dose. First and second vaccine doses will continue to protect you from COVID-19 until you get a booster dose.

You must be invited to book an appointment. You can't go to a drop-in clinic for boosters.
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covi ... ne/booster
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

Finally a thread dedicated to the provax group so they can pat themselves on the back
😂😂😂😂
Free & clear of all the unclean antivaxxers
😊
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...

Return to “Health”