Upcoming Grocery Deals

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Upcoming Grocery Deals

Post by oneh2obabe »

If you want to visit numerous stores for the specials, either take the flyer (if you're lucky enough to get them), print off the page or pull up the web site on your cell and have the store price match. Only store that doesn't price match is Walmart.

Freshco has New Zealand Spring Lamb short cut lamb leg in the upcoming Dec 09 - Dec 15 flyer for $4.97/lb (RCSS has it for $7.69/lb). RCSS will probably drop the price to match Freshco but you have to check their web site.
Freshco.png
Walmart has large size eggs on sale for $1.97 (limit 3) from Dec 09 - Dec 15.
Eggs.png
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Upcoming Grocery Deals

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

If you or anyone happens to see prime rib roasts on sale leading up to Christmas, pass it on please. :D
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Wal Mart eggs give me stomach issues. Don't know why but just can't eat them.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Thank you 🙂
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

bb49 wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 4:11 pm If you or anyone happens to see prime rib roasts on sale leading up to Christmas, pass it on please. :D
Safeway might be a good bet. Just got an e-mail with their upcoming flyer and they are featuring the 12 roasts of Christmas. This week it's sirloin tip, top sirloin, pork loin crown or rack rib, and Simple-Carve boneless hickory smoked ham.
Safeway.png
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 4:25 pm Wal Mart eggs give me stomach issues. Don't know why but just can't eat them.
Take the Walmart flyer to Superstore, Save-On-Foods or wherever and they'll price match.

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 5:03 pm
bb49 wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 4:11 pm If you or anyone happens to see prime rib roasts on sale leading up to Christmas, pass it on please. :D
Safeway might be a good bet. Just got an e-mail with their upcoming flyer and they are featuring the 12 roasts of Christmas. This week it's sirloin tip, top sirloin, pork loin crown or rack rib, and Simple-Carve boneless hickory smoked ham.

Safeway.png
:up:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

For those who like to stock the freezer with meat sauce, meatballs, pre-shaped burgers, lasagna, etc., and for you guys who like it - meatloaf.
RCSS.png
Starting December 30th, RCSS flyer will start on Thursday instead of Friday. This puts them in sync with the rest of the grocery chains.
RCSS1.png

mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Seconded.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

That's a good deal on the hamburger.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 4:25 pm Wal Mart eggs give me stomach issues. Don't know why but just can't eat them.
Because they get their eggs from cannibal chili eating chickens.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not sure if you have Nesters Food Market in your neck of the woods but they have prime rib on sale from Dec 12th to Dec 18th. No harm in trying to price match at another chain. Checked Superstore's web site for comparison - they show $52.88/kg ($23.99/lb.)
Nesters.png
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Dec 10th, 2021, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Thanks for this thread, oneH2Obabe! I will be checking it often :)

:up:
I haven't failed until I quit.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I don't think stores price match on items that are not "identical".........meaning the manufacturers name.......Heinz, Coke, Betty Crocker, Schneiders for example. "Bread", "eggs", "meat" come from various suppliers to each of the stores.........I could be wrong.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Brand names are a different kettle of fish when it comes to price matching. Rexall usually has their large size eggs on sale every Friday-Sunday (flyer 3-day special) and Superstore will price match if you take in the flyer or a printed page. They will also price match fruit/veggies from Freshco, Safeway, Walmart, etc. with a comparable product in-store. As for meats, as long as it's the same grade meat they will price match.

I've found lately that Superstore will price match a competitor's item with a revised price on their web site - saves on having to print off the page if you haven't received any flyers or remembering to take a flyer with you.

Examples: Walmart has large eggs on sale for $1.97 (limit 3) - Superstore revised their web site to match. Safeway has tomatoes on the vine and green peppers on sale for $1.79/lb. - Superstore revised their web site to match. Freshco has iceberg lettuce on sale for $2.49 - Superstore went one better and has it on their web site for $1.94 (limit 4).

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”