Were you offered a Booster within six months?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Were you offered a Booster within six months?

Post by Fancy »

I'm not due yet but I know those that have had it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 5:55 pm
my5cents wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 1:17 pm
? Location ?
You can't drop in to get a booster dose.
November 2021 to January 2022: Key priority groups
Seniors 70+
You will be invited to book an appointment to get your booster.

Invitations will be sent out by risk, age group (from oldest to youngest based on the year you were born) and the date of your second dose.
Starting in January 2022, people 18 years and older will get a booking invitation between 6 to 8 months after the date of their second dose. First and second vaccine doses will continue to protect you from COVID-19 until you get a booster dose.

You must be invited to book an appointment. You can't go to a drop-in clinic for boosters.
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covi ... ne/booster
And thus the question ,,,,, ? Location ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 6:53 pm And thus the question ,,,,, ? Location ?
The locations were posted earlier in this topic.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Boss Mustang
Fledgling

Post by Boss Mustang »

Booster shots? LOL. What happened to the Vaccines you all got? Oh I forgot. They weren't Vaccines. If you're over 50 plus years of age, count how many vaccine spots you see on your left arm. I know it may be difficult too see with all that flab. I have three spots. Where are the second and third vaccine injection spots? Where are all the booster shot spots? That's because those WERE Vaccines! They lasted 60 years so far. Your "Vaccines" are already fizzled out after 6 months. Enjoy your Boosters every two months soon. LOL. We are truly living in a Clown World.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Bigbacardi wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 6:03 pm Finally a thread dedicated to the provax group so they can pat themselves on the back
😂😂😂😂
Free & clear of all the unclean antivaxxers
😊
Apparently not. [icon_lol2.gif]
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Try this link:
https://www.interiorhealth.ca/health-an ... on-clinics
Boss Mustang
Fledgling

Post by Boss Mustang »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 9th, 2021, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the boosters were preplanned from the start $$$$$$$$$$$$, but let's hope a few more million people will tell the govt too :cuss: off with any booster shot
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

:topic:
TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 7:44 pm The booster shots have to be booked in advance. That's why 5cents highlighted information and then repeated his question: How or why is someone seeking a booster through a walk-in process? Is one of the clinics bypassing the pre-booking or is the poster confused?
The walk-ins are for the first and second shots. The boosters are by appointment only - that's what I understand.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote: Dec 9th, 2021, 9:30 am
The walk-ins are for the first and second shots. The boosters are by appointment only - that's what I understand.
That's my understanding as well. So no point in trying to walk in for a booster.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 5:55 pm You can't drop in to get a booster dose.
When you get your e-mail stating it's time to book your appointment for the booster shot, click on the link provided in the e-mail, enter info asked for (think it's name, health card number), then enter city or postal code and a radius to find the clinic(s) available for that area. Click on clinic name and a window will open with a calendar showing available dates - don't be surprised if none are available until late January / early February or possibly later depending on how many days a week the clinic is offering booster shots. You can check all clinic(s) available to find a date that works for you before booking appointment. Then you'll get another e-mail with your booking confirmation number along with date, clinic name and address.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
domain
Übergod

Post by domain »

oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 9th, 2021, 10:19 am
oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 5:55 pm You can't drop in to get a booster dose.
When you get your e-mail stating it's time to book your appointment for the booster shot, click on the link provided in the e-mail, enter info asked for (think it's name, health card number), then enter city or postal code and a radius to find the clinic(s) available for that area. Click on clinic name and a window will open with a calendar showing available dates - don't be surprised if none are available until late January / early February or possibly later depending on how many days a week the clinic is offering booster shots. You can check all clinic(s) available to find a date that works for you before booking appointment. Then you'll get another e-mail with your booking confirmation number along with date, clinic name and address.
So does the government actually send you an email telling you its time for your next shot? Sincere question.
With honesty and integrity.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Yes, you will be invited to book an appointment vial e-mail to get your booster but you must be registered.

To get your booking invitation, you must be registered with the Get Vaccinated provincial registration system and your immunization record must be up-to-date.

If you're not sure, confirm your information as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, register with the Get Vaccinated system ( https://www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca/s/ )
Log-in to Health Gateway to check your immunization record ( https://id.gov.bc.ca/login/entry#start )
Update your immunization record if it's incorrect or if you got a dose in another province or country
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

I just read somewhere that they are starting to call the next group who are 65 - 70. It was supposed to be in January for that group so it appears they may be slightly ahead of the initial schedule.
I birn quil I se
domain
Übergod

Post by domain »

oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 9th, 2021, 4:05 pm ^^^Yes, you will be invited to book an appointment vial e-mail to get your booster but you must be registered.

To get your booking invitation, you must be registered with the Get Vaccinated provincial registration system and your immunization record must be up-to-date.

If you're not sure, confirm your information as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, register with the Get Vaccinated system ( https://www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca/s/ )
Log-in to Health Gateway to check your immunization record ( https://id.gov.bc.ca/login/entry#start )
Update your immunization record if it's incorrect or if you got a dose in another province or country
Thanks.

I was just curious if the government was actually sending emails to people to tell them it was time to be injected, and if that had to be initiated by the end-user.

It just seems like emails are an unnecessary step, and informal or unprofessional for keeping people injected and in compliance with their passes. Wouldn't it just be easier if the covid-19 permission passes had a built-in score between 1-10, like a fuel gauge or a social credit score, and when it dipped below an acceptable threshold of compliance, you got a push notification to report to your nearest injection centre (not the ones for illicit drug users)?

I'm guessing that they will have the digital vaccine pass properly deployed and running by the 5th or 6th dose as it is still in the early stages. Any improvements that automate the notification process should make it easier for users of these passes to remain compliant at all times, which should help people avoid the inconvenience of not being able to do things without the permission.
With honesty and integrity.

Return to “Health”