Divorce Lawyer

Business and professional recommendations.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Divorce Lawyer

Post by LANDM »

Or, you can just contact a divorce lawyer.
You and 71 others Like this post
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Here's one thing to remember:

No good marriage ends in divorce.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Even Steven wrote:Here's one thing to remember:

No good marriage ends in divorce.

Here's another..........100% of divorces are caused by marriage.
Bring back the LIKE button.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

“A big reason married people accumulate more wealth than others is simple economies of scale - one household is cheaper to maintain than two. Divorce reverses those benefits. Divorce is one of the fastest ways to destroy your wealth” As well, divorce could permanently set your kids back in may ways.
When tying the knot, do it maturely and right the first time. Life is actually really short and it’s nice for grandparents to spend time together with their grandkids.
Last edited by nepal on Feb 20th, 2021, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A friend of mine is going through a nasty divorce. They were 4 years away from paying their house off, but now they will have to sell the house to pay off the lawyers, and he will have to start all over at close to 50.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It was likely nasty because the scum lawyers privately pitted them against each other constantly.

Sad to hear.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Bill Clarke should not be allowed to practice law ever again. Not the first complaint against him

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... es-hearing
insight1

Post by insight1 »

The_quiet_one wrote: Jul 15th, 2021, 11:29 am Bill Clarke should not be allowed to practice law ever again. Not the first complaint against him
I REALLY hope you're right!!! NO ETHICS with Bill Clarke. Yes, was on the opposition in what was (at least for me) intended to be an equal and fair division of family assets. Clarke turned it into a 2 year battle complete with (his practice) promoting perjury, frustration of court process and all out war - adult children being collateral damage and objects for the "win at all costs" approach he is a master of. Want a "good lawyer", find one who seeks to remove emotions from the 'business' process of the division. Encourages a mindset of working through this tough time of strife to get through to the place of peace and cooperation that once must have existed (at least at the "I Do" part) - drunken Vegas nuptials notwithstanding. That would be a GREAT divorce lawyer, if that is, you actually want to do best by your spouse and children. If NOT, hire a Bill Clarke - you'll sure be a "winner" then, even at the cost of everyone else.

Poor Billy, I guess that dream of being called to the bench looks rather unlikely now. Threatening your Wife (mother of your child), making false police reports, intimidating a witness, obstructing justice and perjury - how shameful for an 'officer of the court'. Typical divorce lawyer - SNAKE IN THE GRASS. Hope he's tossed from the bar and can't practice either. Thinking he'd make a good used car salesman.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

insight1 wrote: Jul 15th, 2021, 3:40 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Jul 15th, 2021, 11:29 am Bill Clarke should not be allowed to practice law ever again. Not the first complaint against him
I REALLY hope you're right!!! NO ETHICS with Bill Clarke. Yes, was on the opposition in what was (at least for me) intended to be an equal and fair division of family assets. Clarke turned it into a 2 year battle complete with (his practice) promoting perjury, frustration of court process and all out war - adult children being collateral damage and objects for the "win at all costs" approach he is a master of. Want a "good lawyer", find one who seeks to remove emotions from the 'business' process of the division. Encourages a mindset of working through this tough time of strife to get through to the place of peace and cooperation that once must have existed (at least at the "I Do" part) - drunken Vegas nuptials notwithstanding. That would be a GREAT divorce lawyer, if that is, you actually want to do best by your spouse and children. If NOT, hire a Bill Clarke - you'll sure be a "winner" then, even at the cost of everyone else.

Poor Billy, I guess that dream of being called to the bench looks rather unlikely now. Threatening your Wife (mother of your child), making false police reports, intimidating a witness, obstructing justice and perjury - how shameful for an 'officer of the court'. Typical divorce lawyer - SNAKE IN THE GRASS. Hope he's tossed from the bar and can't practice either. Thinking he'd make a good used car salesman.
All of this is spot on !!! He’s a snake, a lier, didn’t care about kids… I really hope the law society take his licence!! He’s a horrible human being.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

The financial and family cost of divorce can be devastating. From diapers to diapers, our human lifespan often isn’t long enough to recover from catastrophic financial damage such as from divorce.

Life is very short. Typically, we spend a third of our life in childhood and education, a third in building a family and finances, and a third preparing for and retirement. Divorce largely resets the clock for building retirement finances, so for most humans there isn’t enough time to re-save for retirement. So best to get it right the first time! Nobody wants to retire in poverty, never mind the guilt of permanent family destruction, and complexity of step-families. Our modern easy-go 50% divorce society has left many seniors struggling financially, and they have their own life choice actions to reflect upon.

Before divorce, think it all out very carefully, weighing all the pros and cons, with all the long term financial and family costs that will never be recovered. Try harder to make what you have work!. (I get that some spouses are chameleons who don’t turn out to be what spouses married, and a split might be best in those cases)

Take time to make a good relationship choice from the start (there is a suitable mate for everyone, and no relationship is perfect), live happily within your financial means, and help each other. Better to have kids after you are in a firm relationship and stable finances, as divorce is a terrible thing to do to kids.
A solid first family most often comes out stronger in the long-run, even with bumps along the road, and grandchildren can be enjoyed together. Marriage is a bit like the weather, there will be clear days and stormy days, so caution in making short-sighted life altering decisions.
:130:
Attachments
From diapers to diapers, we actually don’t live very long. So do it right the first time
From diapers to diapers, we actually don’t live very long. So do it right the first time
Unless you are wealthy or young/without kids, divorce could set your finances back so far that you’d likely never recover and may severely compromise your retirement living standard.
Unless you are wealthy or young/without kids, divorce could set your finances back so far that you’d likely never recover and may severely compromise your retirement living standard.
Living together the first time and making wise decisions is the most economical in the long run (Sadly, some are simply dealt a bad set of cards and have tough choices)
Living together the first time and making wise decisions is the most economical in the long run (Sadly, some are simply dealt a bad set of cards and have tough choices)
Last edited by nepal on Dec 13th, 2021, 10:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ best thing to do is stay in a physical or emotional abusive marriage (or unhappy marriage), which shows the kids how to treat their future spouse.
Yep nepal great idea... NOT
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote: Dec 12th, 2021, 1:30 pm ^^^ best thing to do is stay in a physical or emotional abusive marriage (or unhappy marriage), which shows the kids how to treat their future spouse.
:up: :up: :up:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

GordonH wrote: Dec 12th, 2021, 1:30 pm ^^^ best thing to do is stay in a physical or emotional abusive marriage (or unhappy marriage), which shows the kids how to treat their future spouse.
Exactly ! Right ?!?
Leave if you have to. The kids deserve better than two people in an abussive marriage.
Such a religious point of view, imo. Drove me crazy religious views on MY marriage.
Don’t get Bill Clarke. He’s horrible and will cause constant chaos and turn the whole family to hate each other.
He’s disgusting, IMO, and should have his licence pulled.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

What I find interesting is the increase in divorce appraisal requests (I work in a house/land appraisal firm) we get and when we get them. Halfway through 2020, spike. And then there is the usual spike that happens in January (post-Christmas) and September (kids back in school). We went from something like 1 every 2 or three months to 4 a month in a spike period.

We deal with a number of firms - we generally get requests from Pushor Mitchell, Porter Ramsay, FH&P, Courtyard Law, Farris, Smith Peacock, Connect Family Law, Maclean Law, Fletcher King Law Corp, Rush Ihas Hardwick. I may have missed a few :/ Plus single lawyer firms and firms from Vancouver. I couldn't tell you which ones were the best, though.
I haven't failed until I quit.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Lady tehMa wrote: Dec 14th, 2021, 9:48 am What I find interesting is the increase in divorce appraisal requests (I work in a house/land appraisal firm) we get and when we get them. Halfway through 2020, spike. And then there is the usual spike that happens in January (post-Christmas) and September (kids back in school). We went from something like 1 every 2 or three months to 4 a month in a spike period.

We deal with a number of firms - we generally get requests from Pushor Mitchell, Porter Ramsay, FH&P, Courtyard Law, Farris, Smith Peacock, Connect Family Law, Maclean Law, Fletcher King Law Corp, Rush Ihas Hardwick. I may have missed a few :/ Plus single lawyer firms and firms from Vancouver. I couldn't tell you which ones were the best, though.

Courtyard law is billy boy Clarke and he’s the biggest snake in the world . Imho
Considering he believes in domestic violence himself, and has been charged with it …

Return to “Referrals”