A Heads Up About The US Border

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: A Heads Up About The US Border

Post by GordonH »

^^^ this whole thing has been a Gong show aka cluster :swear: from day 1. Governments finest work [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

GordonH wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 4:01 pm impo if tests come back negative people should be compensated for out of pocket costs. If tests come back positive then those people don’t get anything back.
What lol? So you're screwed if you have Covid but not if you don't? What kinda system is that?!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Sparki55 wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 5:42 pm
GordonH wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 4:01 pm impo if tests come back negative people should be compensated for out of pocket costs. If tests come back positive then those people don’t get anything back.
What lol? So you're screwed if you have Covid but not if you don't? What kinda system is that?!
Well the only people who can cross the US border are double vaxxed, so if you come back and test positive...
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Sad the amount of false information being broadcast on this and other sites.
Calling the people who are fully vaccinated 'superspreaders' is false and should be illegal. False information kills.
Listen to Doctor Henry she kept BC safer than almost every other province or state for the past year.
We're lost but we're making good time.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Canada has handled Covid like chickens with their heads cutoff..........NOT A :cuss: ing CLUE.........NOBODY on the same page. The so-called brain trust are 100% unaccountable and then ORDER us to be 100%, 100% of the time.

:cuss: em all!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I Think wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 6:37 pm Sad the amount of false information being broadcast on this and other sites.
Calling the people who are fully vaccinated 'superspreaders' is false and should be illegal. False information kills.
Listen to Doctor Henry she kept BC safer than almost every other province or state for the past year.
Punishing fully vaccinated Canadian travelers is a monster joke. That is essentially what having them be charged ($$$) for a test that Canadian government wants done.
Hey jack :swear: JT they are fully vaccinated.

Everyone knows both vaccinated and unvaccinated can get covid, according to experts vaccinated won’t end up in ICU. So why test them.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

lesliepaul wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 7:19 pm Canada has handled Covid like chickens with their heads cutoff..........NOT A :cuss: ing CLUE.........NOBODY on the same page. The so-called brain trust are 100% unaccountable and then ORDER us to be 100%, 100% of the time.

:cuss: em all!
Hard to be on the same page when the Federal Government has jurisdiction of these things and Provincial Governments have jurisdiction over the other things :138:

This is our Governing system, this is how it works, we don't have a Central Government like other places such as NZ.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 7:21 pm
Punishing fully vaccinated Canadian travelers is a monster joke. That is essentially what having them be charged ($$$) for a test that Canadian government wants done.

Everyone knows both vaccinated and unvaccinated can get covid, according to experts vaccinated won’t end up in ICU. So why test them.
Viruses spread through travel by the carrier, the more potential carriers travel, the more the virus spreads - adding this restriction will deter many people from travelling thus it can reduce the spread - thats the idea behind it - deterring.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

OKkayak wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 9:01 pm
GordonH wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 7:21 pm

Viruses spread through travel by the carrier, the more potential carriers travel, the more the virus spreads - adding this restriction will deter many people from travelling thus it can reduce the spread - thats the idea behind it - deterring.
As I mentioned way back when this whole thing started... eventually everyone will get covid sooner or later (this is still the case).

The 2 year mark is rapidly approaching and BC isn’t using rapid testing, forcing people to pay for expensive test. Only ones allowed to travel outside of Canada have to be fully vaccinated. Currently only ones at risk of being admitted to ICU are the unvaccinated.
What the hell force everyone to stay home and not get on with living a somewhat normal life.

btw I am considered unvaccinated, I am not worried even though I also fall under the group of higher risk due health issues.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

Filled out the Arrivecan form yesterday for a Monday afternoon arrival (45 min freight run) and no problem....
Only thing is, I have freight arriving 22nd/23rd so I guess I have to pay the friggin broker. :swear:
Meannwhile the vaccinated Yanquis can bop across the 49th and back at will....
As an afterthought; just think how many illegal firearms the required PCR test will stop from coming across the line. I feel safer already!
Getting that warm fuzzy feeling... :cuss:
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote: Dec 18th, 2021, 1:29 am
As I mentioned way back when this whole thing started... eventually everyone will get covid sooner or later (this is still the case).
I said that as well, but I also said pandemics don't end overnight - they can take years - but as a society, we have to find the balance between living a normal life and saving lives, and sometimes, saving lives is a greater responsibility versus living a normal life - at least until we get the number of lives lost to a level that we as a society can accept, just as we do with any other illness such as the flu - we're not there yet but we are closer than we were two years ago.

On the flip side, the population of the world has exploded over the last century, and with that, the amount of people travelling and the speed that people can travel at and where they can travel to, has also exploded over the last century - now, a virus can travel so much faster and so much farther and infect so many more than ever before in history, so it can take even longer to fight a pandemic than before, even with modern medicine.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Clipper wrote: Dec 18th, 2021, 5:13 am Filled out the Arrivecan form yesterday for a Monday afternoon arrival (45 min freight run) and no problem....
Only thing is, I have freight arriving 22nd/23rd so I guess I have to pay the friggin broker. :swear:
Meannwhile the vaccinated Yanquis can bop across the 49th and back at will....
As an afterthought; just think how many illegal firearms the required PCR test will stop from coming across the line. I feel safer already!
Getting that warm fuzzy feeling... :cuss:
Good point. More than likely it will be “business, as usual” for illegal substances and the weapons used to back them up.

On the bright side, however, Americans can travel at will but us faithful, obliging and cowed sheep must obey the ever changing border mandates our overlords deign to pass.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

While we're on the topic of crossing the US border, two or three years ago I was crossing at Nighthawk (my favourite) and was asked by the border guard (the cutest ever) if my prescriptions were all in their appropriate/original containers.
Having only one with me, I said yes. But it was a lie. :200:

Just another heads up.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Some parts we were waiting for just made it, had to wait for the UPS truck, but the parts were there, now the border is closed to us unless we are prepared to spend at least one night in the south & pay for the test.

Crossed over a week or so ago, did the full ArriveCan thing but somehow with copies of my qr etc., for some reason got put on the quarantine list & am getting one or two emails per day. Could not cross m'self today arrivecan would not let me out of the quarantine jail, so the favorite wife went
. No point in trying to fight it as for us now the border is effectively closed.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

:swear: :swear: The whole 1 day border issue is totally pointless. The Liberals way of showing us "we're working hard"! At WHAT??
Another knee jerk solution that effectively screws double/boosted vacinated people who need access to US freight?
I pick up freight in Oroville; takes 45 minutes from the border and back. During that time I have contact with 2 border guards and the owner of the shipping company who is vaccinated, masked etc. There may be 1 more customer in the business; the limit is 2.
The owner just shakes her head while she sees her business heading for the bottom AGAIN!
Way to go you bungling fools! I don't think half of the Liberal party could find their backside with both hands and the other half would tell you "we're working hard" or "we're forming a committee to address the issue" !! :cuss:

Meanwhile we have to hunt down a PCR test provider that may or may not provide results the same day. While we wait for results we come in contact with more people not from our "tribe", who may or may not be vacinated, wearing a mask, etc.
AND we get to shell out for a motel/hotel if the results aren't ready by end of day.
All in all, my 5th grader could come up with a better plan!
Anyone know if Point Roberts and Hyder are isolated again? They must be happy as pigs in sheite!

Return to “Canada”