What is internet dating like for women.

A potpourri of off-topics.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: What is internet dating like for women.

Post by The_quiet_one »

zookeeper wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 8:46 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 6:50 pm I have been off for a bit. I am a new old person.

Catz? Is that you?
Meow 🐱
ETA
I didn’t know how to log onto my old name.
Can’t remember what I had for supper yesterday, so
can’t remember pass words, lol.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, I've kept quiet about the sign up time and the post about missing people, that and that other thing. lol. That's ok, it's good to reinvent yourself, albeit not on purpose this time.

And may I remind dirtybiker, it's only a date if you don't make it weird, like, "Oh we fished together, better get out the wedding bells."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Queen K wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 9:08 am Yes, I've kept quiet about the sign up time and the post about missing people, that and that other thing. lol. That's ok, it's good to reinvent yourself, albeit not on purpose this time.

And may I remind dirtybiker, it's only a date if you don't make it weird, like, "Oh we fished together, better get out the wedding bells."
I took a break to sort my life out. I was getting too cranky and was not nice for a bit. So did the divorce and trial, did some councelling and came back the old new me. Just didn’t know how to do it. And didn’t know my pass words. I kinda miss talking to you and peeps.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Isok, we're here now. And about being "not nice" well, some people believe that you are only nice if you agree with everything they say and do. And if you don't, BAM, you're out, and in a big way. And being "nice" all the time is one big albratross to carry around your neck.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

dirtybiker wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 2:52 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 2:01 pm Are you single ? Lol
Absolutely, I also plan on keeping it that way.
Life is so much simpler.
:up:

Do anything you want, anytime you want.
You can't beat that.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 9:22 am
The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 9:11 am the divorce and trial,
And to quote dirtybiker ...
dirtybiker wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 2:52 pm Life is so much simpler.
Holy mother bleep did you nail it in 5 words brother
:hailjo:
Ikr? That’s why I hate lawyers. He had one. I didn’t. Him and his lawyer took 5 years to go to trial.
I told his lawyer it was the trial of the century. It was so stupid how much money he paid for his slime ball lawyer.
That’s also why I’ve been single since 2012. Ten years. Now I miss having a friend to do adult things with. Fishing.
Camping. Maybe movie. Dinner. But I don’t know if I’ll ever get married again. It’s just nice to have a friend I think.
The online dating is not working for me.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 9:51 am
The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 9:39 am But I don’t know if I’ll ever get married again.
Other than her being eligible for the house, support and child support for kids that may not even be his....what's in this for men?
Well, he got the house. He brainwashed my kids to hate me and bought them off. He gave them everything they wanted and told me I had to pay him half. Ie… season tickets to big white, brand new everything to ski and snowboard with. He took my kids away from me. And then I had to pay him child support. The man who makes well over 100k verses me on my retirement and disability pay. So, no. It didn’t go well for me. I’ve seen how evil men can be. But I also know not everyone is evil.
I’m also not looking for a man to support me or take care of me. I do that fine all by myself. I will never depend on a man ever again. Does that explain it?
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 10:02 am ^^^I know you got hosed....it went the other way in favour of him. That would never happen 20 years ago.
So I say again....Why do we have a family law system? So lawyers and everyone down the line can make money on your pain. Why would anyone want to get into a serious relationship when the gov't enables this corrupt system to dictate the parameters and rules of your cohab/marriage relationship (regardless of gender)?
Cause I miss the comfort of arms around me. Cause I miss laughing with someone.
I miss having dinner with someone. I miss adulting with someone.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 10:26 am ^^^ He's there don't worry.
You just haven't given it enough time online.
Oh....you wanna meet 'generally' old skool conservative leaning men? Go to where there are guns. Get into shooting and join the gun club or a shooting range. You will have what you seek times 10. A girl thats into guns and fishing??? :up: :smt045 You wont be single for long.
Lol. I’m not a gun girl, but that’s a good idea.
Thank you oldtrucker 😊
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

normaM wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 4:37 pm er, so now it is moved from never been loved to divorce. Girl, you need to sort yourself imo
Cause I had a bad marriage from the get go and thought he would change… cause he said he never loved me.
He only married me cause I was pregnant…
What would you like me to straighten out for you?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

zookeeper wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 8:46 pm Catz? Is that you?
The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 7:59 am Meow 🐱
ETA
So are you Meow 🐱 or not? Those of us who have been here forever remember the turmoil she went through with the ex and her boys.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oneh2obabe wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 5:45 pm
zookeeper wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 8:46 pm Catz? Is that you?
The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 7:59 am Meow 🐱
ETA
So are you Meow 🐱 or not? Those of us who have been here forever remember the turmoil she went through with the ex and her boys.
Yes, water babe. It’s me. It was hard for awhile. (My boys and I are very close now. ❤️ They are on their own.)Too much stress. And too much no coping skills. Councelling and many years trying to be a better person. I might not make good choices some days, but I’m human. And I’m in a really good place now. There’s some of you I have missed dearly. Some I see haven’t changed.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 5:56 pm There’s some of you I have missed dearly. Some I see haven’t changed.
Reload and try again! :biggrin:

Hi Catz! Happy New Year!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 6:35 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 5:56 pm There’s some of you I have missed dearly. Some I see haven’t changed.
Reload and try again! :biggrin:

Hi Catz! Happy New Year!
Aww ☺️… thank you so much ❤️ Hugs to you and Mrs. I have missed you😊
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Waterbabe is right, some of us who have been here forever do recall things, some even came over to your house to help out. Nom de Plum for example. We welcome you back. :130:

Return to “Grab Bag”