A Heads Up About The US Border

I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: A Heads Up About The US Border

Post by I Think »

Well they have notified us that on a short (less than 24 hrs) trip we will not be needing a covid test. Hope it lasts.
Since we live in a remote community we use Amazon quite a lot, so when the border is open we use .com and when closed we use .ca ................. the only real difference is which of Bezos's pocket the loot gets put in.
We're lost but we're making good time.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I Think, is Betta's open? Thought Betta passed and Chris was going to close shop.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Watching the announcements on border crossing requirements be like:

Clipper

Post by Clipper »

I Think wrote: Dec 22nd, 2021, 7:03 pm Well they have notified us that on a short (less than 24 hrs) trip we will not be needing a covid test. Hope it lasts.
Since we live in a remote community we use Amazon quite a lot, so when the border is open we use .com and when closed we use .ca ................. the only real difference is which of Bezos's pocket the loot gets put in.
Careful there; the way I read it, it only applies to border towns like Point Roberts/Tawassen, Stewart/Hyder, etc.
Speaking of 'the difference' ; it's more about the Kanuck shyster, scamming, rip-off artists that sell through Amazoink.
Many times it's cheaper to go .com even with the exchange etc, etc. And you can probably get what you want as well.
OH, and then theres the brokers... :cuss:

I sent the economist (Public Health Min) an email looking for an explanation regarding the the lastest border blunder where I have to stay overnight in the US if I dont get the PCR test the same day. I need to be back in Oroville before 5PM.
That scenario gives me lots of extra contact with Yanks that may be vacced or not, masked or not, etc, etc.
I expect an answer today. [icon_lol2.gif]
BUT: "WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK" and "WE"RE WORKING HARD ON IT" :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

seewood wrote: Dec 22nd, 2021, 9:11 pm I Think, is Betta's open? Thought Betta passed and Chris was going to close shop.
Notice on their webwite website (lol):
We are pleased to announce we have reached an agreement with The Shipping Post of Tonasket. They are excited to expand to Oroville at this busy time of border reopening.

Betta's will remain at this location until the end of the year. We are currently looking for a location to move our business to in Oroville. Once we have secured that, we will notify everyone of our new address
Looking forward to being able to use this service again.
Last edited by rustled on Dec 23rd, 2021, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

rustled wrote: Dec 23rd, 2021, 7:46 am Notice on their webwite:
We are pleased to announce we have reached an agreement with The Shipping Post of Tonasket. They are excited to expand to Oroville at this busy time of border reopening.

Betta's will remain at this location until the end of the year. We are currently looking for a location to move our business to in Oroville. Once we have secured that, we will notify everyone of our new address
Thank you for this. Although I don't use it much since I completed the car build, I still found myself popping down to Betta's a few times a year, till that pesky virus cropped up. Hopefully Chris carries on with the new company.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

seewood wrote: Dec 23rd, 2021, 7:54 am
rustled wrote: Dec 23rd, 2021, 7:46 am Notice on their website:

Thank you for this. Although I don't use it much since I completed the car build, I still found myself popping down to Betta's a few times a year, till that pesky virus cropped up. Hopefully Chris carries on with the new company.
:up: :up:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

AS of today Jan 4th,,2022 does anyone know the rules and or thoughts on a 8 hr visit to the usa ... want to take my dog to the usa for his booster shots... much cheaper than in canuck land.... probably hit Walmart in Omak at the same time.... ?
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

polelady wrote: Jan 4th, 2022, 8:26 pm AS of today Jan 4th,,2022 does anyone know the rules and or thoughts on a 8 hr visit to the usa ... want to take my dog to the usa for his booster shots... much cheaper than in canuck land.... probably hit Walmart in Omak at the same time.... ?
Found this minutes ago:

In British Columbia:

Given the ongoing situation in British Columbia, certain fully vaccinated B.C. residents will not have to take a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test before coming back to Canada. This refers to residents:

who must travel to the U.S. by land to access or purchase goods or services, and
who are absent from Canada for no more than 24 hours.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-service ... ia.html#bc

still probably best to call them otherwise you may be making a rather large "donation"
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Before I ordered an item that will be delivered to Betta's (new owner) I called both the US and Canadian side border crossing.
Both said at the time ( 4-5 days ago) that if you are down less than 24 hours, no test required.
Hope that is the case later this week when it should arrive.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

But don't forget Clipper, it's all about "health."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Queen K wrote: Jan 5th, 2022, 11:54 am But don't forget Clipper, it's all about "health."
Three shots and a negative test result on Monday... other than the knee, pretty healthy.. for now. :130:
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

OK, just got back from a Betta's run in Oroville.

The current 72 hour exemption is evidently good until Jan 20th. He did not know if was going to be extended. If not, you'll need a covid test to get back in. Not the rapid variety test.
Currently, into the States is not a big issue, just be double vaxed and be ready to show proof.
Coming back to Canada: download the complete ArriveCan app have proof of double puncture.

And that was about it. He asked if reloading supplies was essential, keeping one's sanity by staying busy :biggrin: doesn't count.

Soo there you have it, you want cheese, get it before the 20th of January.

No line ups at either crossing. Drive down was tedious as many thought the snow piled on the sides of the bare and wet road might jump out and make the road slippery. Consequently it was like driving down in the summer with *bleep* wine tasters not paying attention.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

seewood wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 4:40 pm OK, just got back from a Betta's run in Oroville.

The current 72 hour exemption is evidently good until Jan 20th. He did not know if was going to be extended. If not, you'll need a covid test to get back in. Not the rapid variety test.
Currently, into the States is not a big issue, just be double vaxed and be ready to show proof.
Coming back to Canada: download the complete ArriveCan app have proof of double puncture.

And that was about it. He asked if reloading supplies was essential, keeping one's sanity by staying busy :biggrin: doesn't count.

Soo there you have it, you want cheese, get it before the 20th of January.

No line ups at either crossing. Drive down was tedious as many thought the snow piled on the sides of the bare and wet road might jump out and make the road slippery. Consequently it was like driving down in the summer with *bleep* wine tasters not paying attention.
Thanks, seewood! (Bit off topic, but is Betta's still in the same location? Haven't heard, and their website was down when we looked a few days ago.)
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

rustled wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 5:55 pm (Bit off topic, but is Betta's still in the same location?
Yes, same location. I went in the back/side door off the alley. Bit of a pony wall up that offers half the space as what once was.

Few packages there, $4.00 usd per box.

Return to “Canada”