Well .. how is that working ?

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Well .. how is that working ?

Post by MAPearce »

Gotta wonder if the mandating of health care workers to vax or loose their jobs has anything to do with this ??

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... fing-issue Can't change my mind that it didn't help ...

This is sad really ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Well .. how is that working ?

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Ashcroft and other little backwater places such as Clearwater often close their ER due to staffing shortages, but I'm sure their mandating hammer didn't help.

Yes, it's becoming a sad reality.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

At this juncture of the "pandemic" , I'd hate to see the real problems that our health care system face get swept under the rug in the name of Covid ..

I'm sure it isn't easy to attract the talent required to small towns in the first place but to place the blame on one thing when there's a bigger picture to look at isn't going to solve anything ..

Where's Dr. Bonnie , Dix and our Premier and what are they doing to address this ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

MAPearce wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 4:49 pm Gotta wonder if the mandating of health care workers to vax or loose their jobs has anything to do with this ??

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... fing-issue Can't change my mind that it didn't help ...

This is sad really ..
There is no doubt that the health care workers’ refusal to vax has something to do with it, but burnout and the effects of COVID on the remaining workers has had a much larger impact on staffing levels.
If the non-vaxxed were allowed to stay, they would only be adding to the problem.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Workers getting sick and calling in sick also is a factor.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

RupertBear wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 8:05 pm
MAPearce wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 4:49 pm Gotta wonder if the mandating of health care workers to vax or loose their jobs has anything to do with this ??

This is sad really ..
There is no doubt that the health care workers’ refusal to vax has something to do with it, but burnout and the effects of COVID on the remaining workers has had a much larger impact on staffing levels.
If the non-vaxxed were allowed to stay, they would only be adding to the problem.
As much as the " anti science" professionals refusal to get jabbed may be part of problem , burn out needs to be discussed as well as employment conditions , the cost of living et al ..

The problem is there's a problem .

Who's looking to find solutions ?

Our Gov't and " Top Doc" don't seem to be as focused on them as much as ... well .. you know .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Fancy wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 8:18 pm Workers getting sick and calling in sick also is a factor.
Agreed .. If you don't use that sick time , you loose it ...
NotSaul
Banned

Post by NotSaul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 8th, 2022, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

MAPearce wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 4:49 pmGotta wonder if the mandating of health care workers to vax or loose their jobs has anything to do with this ??
Bunch of redneck yahoos out there. So ya.....pretty obvious. Plus it's now a town on the way to somewhere else - so must be hard to attract and retain residents.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

NotSaul wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 9:19 pm
MAPearce wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 8:40 pm Our Gov't and " Top Doc" don't seem to be as focused on them as much as ... well .. you know .
*removed*

*removed*

Anyway , as far as I can tell , staffing the healthcare has been a problem long before the plandemic hit . And not just in small communities

There has to be a reason for that .
Last edited by ferri on Jan 8th, 2022, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to bait
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote: Jan 8th, 2022, 8:28 am
Anyway , as far as I can tell , staffing the healthcare has been a problem long before the plandemic hit . And not just in small communities

1 reason is they can get paid better elsewhere, so why go live in Buttyouknowwhat BC and get paid diddly squat.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote: Jan 8th, 2022, 8:37 am
MAPearce wrote: Jan 8th, 2022, 8:28 am

1 reason is they can get paid better elsewhere, so why go live in Buttyouknowwhat BC and get paid diddly squat.
I'm pretty sure IH wages are standard and i do know that student loans are reimbursed to graduates who spend a certain amount of time in remote settings ..

Perhaps a larger carrot in front of the horse could help ?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote: Jan 8th, 2022, 8:46 am I'm pretty sure IH wages are standard and i do know that student loans are reimbursed to graduates who spend a certain amount of time in remote settings ..

I wasn't thinking of wages within IH but wages in other places like the US.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Jan 7th, 2022, 11:08 pm Bunch of redneck yahoos out there. So ya.....pretty obvious. Plus it's now a town on the way to somewhere else - so must be hard to attract and retain residents.
Redneck yahoos are the only reason you have food on the table. City people such as yourself will find you are quite uncivilized should food ever stop showing up at the store lol.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote: Jan 8th, 2022, 8:56 am
MAPearce wrote: Jan 8th, 2022, 8:46 am I'm pretty sure IH wages are standard and i do know that student loans are reimbursed to graduates who spend a certain amount of time in remote settings ..

I wasn't thinking of wages within IH but wages in other places like the US.
Ah .. got it .

Return to “Kamloops”