Internet hackers declare war on Scientology

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
nolanrh
Übergod

Internet hackers declare war on Scientology

Post by nolanrh »

I'm hesitant to even toss this in the religion group but here goes.

I've been following this story for a few days now. Its interesting:
http://apcmag.com/7905/anonymous_threat ... a_internet
hardnut
Fledgling

Post by hardnut »

Wackos beget wackos.
___

Post by ___ »

=D> Cool....but Tom Cruise will protect them!!
sammers

Post by sammers »

Does anyone know of a scientology center in kelowna.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I've looked, but I can't find one. I swear they used to have an office downtown across from the Safeway, but it might be gone. Vancouver has the regional head office.
[/i]
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

soulra wrote:I've looked, but I can't find one. I swear they used to have an office downtown across from the Safeway, but it might be gone. Vancouver has the regional head office.
[/i]

yeah, there was one there on the corner. i haven't looked lately. :| will have to check it out if i am over that way again!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
sammers

Post by sammers »

I full on support protests on feb 10th, if there is one downtown. If i find a "church" i'll post it here, and you find a "church" of scientology, post it here.

i'm rooting for anonymous.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/140 ... ology.html

Watch the news on Feb 10th. Hopefully people will actually act against this madness.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

ferri wrote:
soulra wrote:I've looked, but I can't find one. I swear they used to have an office downtown across from the Safeway, but it might be gone. Vancouver has the regional head office.
[/i]

yeah, there was one there on the corner. i haven't looked lately. :| will have to check it out if i am over that way again!

It was around the corner actually. I don't know if it is connected to Scientology. It was the Christian Science Reading Room.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

gardengirl wrote:
ferri wrote:
[/i]

It was around the corner actually. I don't know if it is connected to Scientology. It was the Christian Science Reading Room.

that's right. Christian Science. and i just googled it, no connection with Scientology.
― Albert Einstein
Scynite
Board Meister

Post by Scynite »

Christian Science, though not Scientology is still a smarmy religion created by a half-nut.

The church was founded by Mary Baker Eddy in 1879 following a personal healing in 1866, which she claimed resulted from reading the Bible
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i'm surprised there isn't a Scientology church here. that is so, like Hollywoooooooood. :lol:
― Albert Einstein
shadowball
Fledgling

Re: Internet hackers declare war on Scientology

Post by shadowball »

4chan.org ftw!
Despite the cost of living ever notice how popular it remains?
razzledazzle
Lord of the Board

Post by razzledazzle »

Go get them you hackers, bring them down to my HELL :125:
Scynite
Board Meister

Post by Scynite »

razzledazzle wrote:Go get them you hackers, bring them down to my HELL :125:

The extent of their hacking was to send multiple requests to the Scientology website, which is the most basic script available for the 'script kiddies' to use.

Then allied critics of Scientology (ie xenu.tv) suggested that it would be better for Anonymous to leave the website intact, so that anyone wanting to know how wacked out Scientology was, could access the site and learn more about them.

After seeing videos of the protests, I had to wonder how many of the protest members were there because they were truly against and/or had actual problems with Scientology, or because it was just cool to be part of Anonymous.
Don't get so mad, it's just my opinion.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

Scientology is a brainwashed cult of troubled people who rely on a small elite group for comfort who in return ask for money and political support. Unfortunately religion is like that.

I sometimes wonder if mankind will look back at religion and chuckle in embarrassment. In all seriousness Scientology really is the cream of the crop as far as wacko's are concerned but not much worse then any other religion.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”