Pope hits out at selfish couples for having pets

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Pope hits out at selfish couples for having pets

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Okay all you good catholics, the pope is targeting you for not procreating. Dump your pets and start having babies.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/europe/p ... index.html
Opting for pets over children is selfish and 'takes away our humanity,' says Pope Francis

Meanwhile his church is drowning in donations from his followers, many of whom can't afford children. Maybe he should allow his priests and nuns to procreate.

Gawd, how out of touch can this guy be?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Pope hits out at selfish couples for having pets

Post by GordonH »

Oh goody the poop what’s married couples to have children.

How about first fix the major problems within your own house mr. poop i.e allow your priests to marry, not have them get their rocks off on young kids etc... etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I guess he wants to make sure his priest's have a never ending supply of kids. :-X
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 5th, 2022, 2:28 pm ....Actually he is giving advice to continue with the very thing that's destroying the planet....too many people.
The catholic church's stance on birth control.
The Catholic position on contraception was formally explained and expressed by Pope Paul VI's Humanae vitae in 1968. Artificial contraception is considered intrinsically evil,[19] but methods of natural family planning may be used, as they do not usurp the natural way of conception.[20]
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The Catholic church is running low on young boys to diddle?
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Emancipate yourself from anything related to the Pope. It's like reading about Trump; wingnuts. The pope brings nothing new to the table. He just stays relevant to get more money. Ignore it. Catholics everywhere should just ignore the guy.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

There is no place in our homes for interlopers.
And that means ALL of them.
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2022/01/no ... en-palace/
VATICAN CITY – Pope Francis has described people’s decisions to have pets instead of children as “selfish”, during a recent general audience in the opulent cathedral-like palace of which he is the sovereign ruler.

“Today we see a form of selfishness. We see that some people do not want to have a child,” he told the audience from inside his own personal city state with holdings valued at anywhere from $10 to $15 billion. His Holiness continued to criticize the childless couples of the world from behind his bejeweled golden pulpit, flanked by armed security guards.

“Sometimes they have one, and that’s it, but they have dogs and cats that take the place of children,” added the elderly man who has no children, but who does control multi-billion dollar investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, and real estate.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The pope is letting bishops mandate vaccines for church attendance. Some of my catholic friends are not happy.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

I have a friend who is a staunch catholic and he thinks the current pope is a sign of the end of times and that the pope is the devil in disguise.

Other than that, my friend is pretty normal, except for all the conspiracy theories he keeps falling for. No surprise there as he was very well indoctrinated to believe in myths with no evidence.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Bsuds wrote: Jan 5th, 2022, 4:49 pm I guess he wants to make sure his priest's have a never ending supply of kids. :-X
:spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee:

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”