Trucking company sues estate of man who died in Highway 5 crash

bodnarm

Trucking company sues estate of man who died in Highway 5 crash

Post by bodnarm »

I'm deeply unsettled to see a Q Line Trucking Ltd. of Saskatchewan is suing the estate of a man who died in a collision with one of their trucks. The 39 year old man had three children and a fourth on the way at the time of the accident. Road conditions were treacherous after heavy snow falls in February 2020. The deceased was a working man who left little behind for his children. Now Q Line Trucking Ltd. have laid claim to $33,000 that will come out of the pockets of the surviving children. Very sad to see.

Mr. Reg Quiring and Russ Quiring of Q Line Trucking Ltd., do the right thing and withdraw the lawsuit.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... R4-ctdp6PU
Last edited by bodnarm on Jan 12th, 2022, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Trucking company sues estate of man who died in Highway 5 crash

Post by GordonH »

This pretty damn low of the trucking to take moneys away from children of dead man. Isn’t this reason for insurance to cover losses. Maybe customers should be pulling their contracts away from this trucking company.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

GordonH wrote: Jan 11th, 2022, 6:07 pm This pretty damn low of the trucking to take moneys away from children of dead man. Isn’t this reason for insurance to cover losses. Maybe customers should be pulling their contracts away from this trucking company.
Yes! Sounds like someone should be boycotted.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Is that the tow truck Quirings from Highway through Hell tv show? That's gotta be bad optics if it is....
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Jan 11th, 2022, 6:31 pm Is that the tow truck Quirings from Highway through Hell tv show? That's gotta be bad optics if it is....
This trucking company not a towing company plus it based out in Saskatchewan, Quiring towing is based out of Langley BC.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

GordonH wrote: Jan 11th, 2022, 7:21 pm
nucksRnum1 wrote: Jan 11th, 2022, 6:31 pm Is that the tow truck Quirings from Highway through Hell tv show? That's gotta be bad optics if it is....
This trucking company not a towing company plus it based out in Saskatchewan, Quiring towing is based out of Langley BC.
Thx. Would have been a shame if it was big green truck on the number 1.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

bodnarm wrote: Jan 11th, 2022, 5:09 pm I'm deeply unsettled to see a Q Line Trucking Ltd. of Saskatchewan is suing the estate of a man who died in a collision with one of their trucks. The 39 year old man had three children and a fourth on the way at the time of the accident. Road conditions were treacherous after heavy snow falls in February 2020. The deceased was a working man who left little behind for his children. Now Q Line Trucking Ltd. have laid claim to $33,000 that will come out of the pockets of the surviving children. Very sad to see.

Mr. Reg Quiring and Russ Quiring of Q Line Trucking Ltd., do the right thing and withdraw the lawsuit.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... R4-ctdp6PU
It is not the trucking company that is suing! It is the insurance company on behalf of the trucking company. Title of this thread should be changed to reflect Insurance Company is the one who filed suit.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

The company, or apparently in this case, the insurance company, is out $33,000 due to no fault of their client.
To go after the estate of the guilty party is not uncommon.

From a emotional point if view it may not seem right, but from a realistic point, yes, its the right thing.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

When I first saw this news item, I wondered how many would be offended, because of the way it sounded.

This happens all the time, the estate of a person killed in a motor vehicle collision is sued.

What the sensational story seeking reporter didn't speak of is,,,, the suit is against the deceased's insurance. It has absolutely no affect on his family. In a vehicle collision the person being sue is covered by their auto insurance company, even when they are dead.

I strongly doubt Quiring Towing is a company registered in Saskatchewan.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 1:37 pm The company, or apparently in this case, the insurance company, is out $33,000 due to no fault of their client.
To go after the estate of the guilty party is not uncommon.

From a emotional point if view it may not seem right, but from a realistic point, yes, its the right thing.
Yeah I know, it just sucks for kids.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 2:11 pm Yeah I know, it just sucks for kids.
The kids own an insurance company ! ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

my5cents wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 3:19 pm
GordonH wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 2:11 pm Yeah I know, it just sucks for kids.
:135: kids of Joey Ressler own an insurance company, wth are you talking about.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 4:30 pm
my5cents wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 3:19 pm
You stated "..it just sucks for the kids"

A civil suit launched against the deceased driver is the responsibility of the driver's insurance company. It doesn't change anything to do with the kids. Any death benefits the family is scheduled to receive, they still get. Nothing is taken from the kids or the family. It's just a line on the 3rd Party Liability payments paid by the deceased's insurance company.

The payment of the towing is likely the trucking firms insurance company subrogating from ICBC and for some reason ICBC is holding back payment, thus the suit.
  • "Subrogation is the mechanism by which an insurer can recover monies that it has paid to its insured by bringing an action in the name of the insured as against a third party who is responsible for the loss."
The "third party" being the deceased. His descendants simply forward the writ of summons to ICBC, who handle it.

The paper work reads that the trucking firm is suing the deceased, but it's a technicality. It's really one insurance company suing another insurance company.

As I said, it's a misleading news item, either out of ignorance on the part of the reporter or for sensationalism. If sensationalism, it apparently worked.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

my5cents wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 5:04 pm
GordonH wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 4:30 pm

A civil suit launched against the deceased driver is the responsibility of the driver's insurance company. It doesn't change anything to do with the kids. Any death benefits the family is scheduled to receive, they still get. Nothing is taken from the kids or the family. It's just a line on the 3rd Party Liability payments paid by the deceased's insurance company.

The payment of the towing is likely the trucking firms insurance company subrogating from ICBC and for some reason ICBC is holding back payment, thus the suit.
  • "Subrogation is the mechanism by which an insurer can recover monies that it has paid to its insured by bringing an action in the name of the insured as against a third party who is responsible for the loss."
The "third party" being the deceased. His descendants simply forward the writ of summons to ICBC, who handle it.

The paper work reads that the trucking firm is suing the deceased, but it's a technicality. It's really one insurance company suing another insurance company.
So all icbc clients will be paying few cents each. [icon_lol2.gif]
Writer of article should have done their research better and not mention anything about Joey Ressler estate.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 5:10 pm
my5cents wrote: Jan 12th, 2022, 5:04 pm

So all icbc clients will be paying few cents each. [icon_lol2.gif]
Writer of article should have done their research better and not mention anything about Joey Ressler estate.
Yup :up: :up:

Return to “Kamloops”