Quebec to make anti vaxxer's pay.

foenix
Guru

Re: Quebec to make anti vaxxer's pay.

Post by foenix »

SensibleOne wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:05 am

The age adjusted stats do show 7 times more likely, but if we are concerned about hospital beds being taken up then age does not matter. Once you reach the age of 70 you no longer take up space or resources in a hospital? And you are guessing, how can you use statistics that you don't even fully understand?
Ahhhh.....progress :biggrin:

Who's not understanding what, aren't you the one that said originally there were more vaxxed in the hospital than the unvaxxed?

Even stats not adjusted for age shows multiples more unvaxxed in the hospital system than the vaxxed.....so what's the point?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Boosted632 wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 9:23 am
foenix wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 9:14 am

[icon_lol2.gif] Where have you been? Look at the latest Covid stats on people ending up in the hospital....the unvaxxed. Why do you think Quebec is wanting to make the unvaxx pay for their stance?
Why are the stats here showing the opposite
They don't. They never have. Some of the more creative posters have manipulated numbers to support their views whereas the rest of what you see come from sites like the CDC, Health Canada, BCCDC and others.
vaccine status.png
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

mexi cali wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:32 am

They don't. They never have. Some of the more creative posters have manipulated numbers to support their views whereas the rest of what you see come from sites like the CDC, Health Canada, BCCDC and others.

vaccine status.png
..........but....but...they're cumulative stats.........how about stats from yesterday?
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Once you reach the age of 70 you no longer take up space or resources in a hospital?
Of course a human takes up space , we are 3 dimensional beings.
Every single healthcare unit in Canada from provincial down to city level all report at least 70 percent of the people coming in the sickest are unvaxxed. What do you do with people that are determined to make themselves sick? people that are only thinking of themselves in terms of impact from their actions?

Choices for govts are running out and by that token so is the willingly unvaxxed position in our society.
I ask myself this , would we as a community put up with someone running around planting bombs not to intentionally hurt people but none the less still in places were innocent humans could get injured or killed. that is how i came to rationalize my position on this issue.
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

vaccine status.png
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 29 to Jan. 11) - Total 677

Not vaccinated: 206 (30.4%)Partially vaccinated: 28 (4.1%)Fully vaccinated: 443 (65.4
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Dammit Jim! I need to know what happened tomorrow. Those are the only numbers that mean anything.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Boosted632 wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:50 am

vaccine status.png

Not vaccinated: 206 (30.4%)Partially vaccinated: 28 (4.1%)Fully vaccinated: 443 (65.4
less than 13 percent not vaxxed producing 30 percent of the cases compared to fully vaxxed at 87 percent of the population is not the good news you might be tempted to think it is i am sorry to inform. :popcorn:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Boosted632 wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:50 am

vaccine status.png

Here's the exact same stats when one puts them as the % vaxxed and unvaxxed in BC
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 24 to Jan. 6)

Not vaccinated: 35.5
Partially vaccinated: 10.2
Fully vaccinated: 5.3
But raw numbers do look better for the narrative for the unvaxxed, no?
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I'm guessing other provinces will be forced to follow Quebec's lead.

You can't fix stupid, but you can tax and fine it.

All posts 100% moderator approved!
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

crookedmember wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:03 pm I'm guessing other provinces will be forced to follow Quebec's lead.

You can't fix stupid, but you can tax and fine it.

Once Keith is on the story that is it , your cooked as Keith is relentless . I Look at it this way, if i go drive with no drivers permit, chances are i am getting a fine. case closed
Harm Reduction Is Cool
SensibleOne
Board Meister

Post by SensibleOne »

foenix wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:21 am
SensibleOne wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:05 am

The age adjusted stats do show 7 times more likely, but if we are concerned about hospital beds being taken up then age does not matter. Once you reach the age of 70 you no longer take up space or resources in a hospital? And you are guessing, how can you use statistics that you don't even fully understand?

Who's not understanding what, aren't you the one that said originally there were more vaxxed in the hospital than the unvaxxed?

Even stats not adjusted for age shows multiples more unvaxxed in the hospital system than the vaxxed.....so what's the point?
Number of cases, there are more vaccinated people in hospital than unvaccinated in BC. So currently we have more vaccinated individuals in hospital beds than unvaccinated, from Dec 28 - Jan 10 we had 394 vaccinated people in hospital and 194 unvaccinated. So that would be 200 more vaccinated individuals in the hospital.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

rustled wrote: Jan 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm vaccinations should be solely about health and safety, solidly grounded in science. Making it about coercion - "do it or get fined" - is a huge mistake
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

SensibleOne wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:07 pm
foenix wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:21 am

Number of cases, there are more vaccinated people in hospital than unvaccinated in BC. So currently we have more vaccinated individuals in hospital beds than unvaccinated, from Dec 28 - Jan 10 we had 394 vaccinated people in hospital and 194 unvaccinated. So that would be 200 more vaccinated individuals in the hospital.
Yeah, so that's to be expected with Omicron when over 80% of the population are vaccinated and counting the elderly. Just think that the hospitalization for the unvaxxed would be 7 times less if they were vaccinated.....see how that works?
spooker

Post by spooker »

Merry wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:15 pm
rustled wrote: Jan 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm vaccinations should be solely about health and safety, solidly grounded in science. Making it about coercion - "do it or get fined" - is a huge mistake
If people weren't ignoring health and safety they'd be vaccinated and no coercion either way would be needed ... but it seems that everyone rushed out to get their medical degree from Google instead ...
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

spooker wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:20 pm
Merry wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:15 pm
If people weren't ignoring health and safety they'd be vaccinated and no coercion either way would be needed ... but it seems that everyone rushed out to get their medical degree from Google instead ...
:up: :up: :up:

Return to “Canada”