Quebec to make anti vaxxer's pay.

crookedmember
Banned

Re: Quebec to make anti vaxxer's pay.

Post by crookedmember »

Which part of "unvaxxed 12X more likely to be in hospital, 27X more likely to be in ICU and 40X more likely to die" do the anti-vaxxers and unvaxxed not understand?
All posts 100% moderator approved!
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

crookedmember wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:03 pm I'm guessing other provinces will be forced to follow Quebec's lead.

You can't fix stupid, but you can tax and fine it.
A lot of huff and puff from Premier Legault (frustration, understandable, we get it) but I don't think he will go through with it.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

crookedmember wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:24 pm Which part of "unvaxxed 12X more likely to be in hospital, 27X more likely to be in ICU and 40X more likely to die" do the anti-vaxxers and unvaxxed not understand?
Lol it's a cold you guys make ne laugh [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
SensibleOne
Board Meister

Post by SensibleOne »

foenix wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:18 pm
SensibleOne wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:07 pm

Number of cases, there are more vaccinated people in hospital than unvaccinated in BC. So currently we have more vaccinated individuals in hospital beds than unvaccinated, from Dec 28 - Jan 10 we had 394 vaccinated people in hospital and 194 unvaccinated. So that would be 200 more vaccinated individuals in the hospital.
Yeah, so that's to be expected with Omicron when over 80% of the population are vaccinated and counting the elderly. Just think that the hospitalization for the unvaxxed would be 7 times less if they were vaccinated.....see how that works?
7 times less if we do not include people over a certain age, and 3 times less if we include everyone. What did they say, that it could be around 50% of hospitalizations being reported tested positive for covid and are not in the hospital because of covid. So if we look at the same time period we can estimate that about 294 hospitalizations overall are because of covid. Yet we have people wanting to be angry with the unvaccinated for overwhelming our hospitals... see how that works? Blaming a very small part of the problem on an even smaller part of the problem.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

crookedmember wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:24 pm Which part of "unvaxxed 12X more likely to be in hospital, 27X more likely to be in ICU and 40X more likely to die" do the anti-vaxxers and unvaxxed not understand?
That those stats aren't current lol. I've run all the numbers myself (I'm formally trained in how to manipulate statistics) and found that there has been some false data and decisions made without clear reasoning.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Sparki55 wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:42 pm That those stats aren't current lol. I've run all the numbers myself (I'm formally trained in how to manipulate statistics) and found that there has been some false data and decisions made without clear reasoning.
Actually, they're a couple hours ago from the BC government.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

foenix wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:00 pm
Boosted632 wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:50 am
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 29 to Jan. 11) - Total 677

Not vaccinated: 206 (30.4%)Partially vaccinated: 28 (4.1%)Fully vaccinated: 443 (65.4
Here's the exact same stats when one puts them as the % vaxxed and unvaxxed in BC
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 24 to Jan. 6)

Not vaccinated: 35.5
Partially vaccinated: 10.2
Fully vaccinated: 5.3
But raw numbers do look better for the narrative for the unvaxxed, no?
Doesn't matter how you skew the numbers to fit your narrative it's still 443 VAXXED people taking up precious hospital beds, I don't care if you can't accept that the garbage vaccine isn't working and is technically not even a vaccine
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Sparki55 wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:42 pm
That those stats aren't current lol. I've run all the numbers myself (I'm formally trained in how to manipulate statistics) and found that there has been some false data and decisions made without clear reasoning.
Lol...Me too, so I'm totally aware of all the the false data and reasoning in these threads.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

SensibleOne wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:41 pm
foenix wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:18 pm

Yeah, so that's to be expected with Omicron when over 80% of the population are vaccinated and counting the elderly. Just think that the hospitalization for the unvaxxed would be 7 times less if they were vaccinated.....see how that works?
7 times less if we do not include people over a certain age, and 3 times less if we include everyone. What did they say, that it could be around 50% of hospitalizations being reported tested positive for covid and are not in the hospital because of covid. So if we look at the same time period we can estimate that about 294 hospitalizations overall are because of covid. Yet we have people wanting to be angry with the unvaccinated for overwhelming our hospitals... see how that works? Blaming a very small part of the problem on an even smaller part of the problem.
Yeah a very small part of the population taking up a very huge sizeable chunk of the hospital system? Yeah I totally get that.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Everything between "unvaxxed" and "understand". Pretty clear on the rest.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
SensibleOne
Board Meister

Post by SensibleOne »

foenix wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:55 pm
SensibleOne wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:41 pm

Yeah a very small part of the population taking up a very huge sizeable chunk of the hospital system? Yeah I totally get that.
Less than 5% is a very huge sizeable chunk?
chad_69

Post by chad_69 »

12x, 27x, 40x more likely than what exactly? Please clarify my eyes are not good enough to see how small the numbers are.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The issue isn’t about the effectiveness of vaccines in general, it’s about whether or not it’s ethical to force people with concerns about possible long term negative effects from mRNA and viral vector inoculations to accept them.

The argument for such coercion is that if we get everyone inoculated, the Pandemic will be over, and life will return to normal.

However, that assumes that Canada is an “island” that will not be affected by what’s happening in the world around us.

The reality is that as long as Covid is raging elsewhere, even if 100% of Canadians were inoculated, the Pandemic will NOT be over.

So, instead of focusing on giving Canadians 3rd and 4th shots, we should be focusing on making sure these new medical treatments are available worldwide. Because, if we don’t, it’s only a matter of time before new variants, that are less responsive to the current inoculations arrive on our shores, and the “Merry-go-round” begins again.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

crookedmember wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:46 pm
Sparki55 wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:42 pm That those stats aren't current lol. I've run all the numbers myself (I'm formally trained in how to manipulate statistics) and found that there has been some false data and decisions made without clear reasoning.
Actually, they're a couple hours ago from the BC government.
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 29 to Jan. 11)

Not vaccinated: 49.7
Partially vaccinated: 22.8
Fully vaccinated: 9.5
https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0002-000050

Hogwash.

Even if you use the worst-case numbers from BC with the age adjustments completed it shows you are 5.2 times more likely to be hospitalized.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

SensibleOne wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 1:05 pm
foenix wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:55 pm

Less than 5% is a very huge sizeable chunk?
What's the unvaxxed in BC ......10%? 15%? taking up over 33% of the hospital space....that's a sizeable chunk for a very small population. It was much much worse before Omicron. With the Delta, the unvaxxed accounted for over 80% of the hospitalizatios.......that's what you call a small population taking up a huge chunk of the healthcare system.

Return to “Canada”