Here we go again - another terror attack

captkirkcanada
Banned

Re: Here we go again - another terror attack

Post by captkirkcanada »

The interesting thing is if solitary gets struck down, which i personally hope it is as i view it as torture myself, it will apply to everyone, and is the reason why people suspected of being involved in 9/11 were called combatants instead of criminals . so they could legally be tortured by USA

So my advice is be careful what you wish for because what goes around comes around :D
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 14th, 2022, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 10:33 am
6 months for being involved in terrorism against their own country is a slap on the wrist.
Unless there was no terrorism, as in this case.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 11:24 am
Cloak it whatever you wish, it certainly smacks of partisanship when anyone who claims to be a progressive is unable to say a blanket policy of holding a specific group of people in solitary confinement for 6 months pre-trial is wrong.
:up: :up:

Well said. The hypocrisy being demonstrated on this issue is off the charts.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 12:09 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 10:33 am
6 months for being involved in terrorism against their own country is a slap on the wrist.
Unless there was no terrorism, as in this case.
Hmmmmm.......sure looks like one.....usurping power by the Donald to boot.....make sure to keep your eyes open [icon_lol2.gif]

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Ka-El wrote:Nothing partisan about my post and I don't know enough about the specific case to comment on why this person was put on restrictive housing. Just providing the information that it is not the same thing as solitary confinement as that is a measure used by institutions to deal with internal behavioral issues.
Cloak it whatever you wish, it certainly smacks of partisanship when anyone who claims to be a progressive is unable to say a blanket policy of holding a specific group of people in solitary confinement for 6 months pre-trial is wrong.
No cloaking here. I simply made a non-judgmental statement clarifying there was a difference between solitary confinement and restrictive housing. I even followed that by responding to your snippet "prolonged solitary confinement is torture and certainly should not be used as a punitive tool to intimidate or extract cooperation" by saying we are dealing with the same issue here in Canada - implying, if anything, that I agree with that premise. With all due respect, I'm wondering if there is any topic we can have a discussion on without you misrepresenting what I'm saying.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Ka-El wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 1:11 pm
No cloaking here. I simply made a non-judgmental statement clarifying there was a difference between solitary confinement and restrictive housing. I even followed that by responding to your snippet "prolonged solitary confinement is torture and certainly should not be used as a punitive tool to intimidate or extract cooperation" by saying we are dealing with the same issue here in Canada - implying, if anything, that I agree with that premise. With all due respect, I'm wondering if there is any topic we can have a discussion on without you misrepresenting what I'm saying.
It's interesting to have you complain I've misrepresented what you were saying, AND suggest I should have been able to figure out what you mean to imply - instead of taking the opportunity to state plainly that this blanket policy of holding a specific group of people in solitary confinement for 6 months pre-trial is wrong.

Several Democrats found it easy to say "it's wrong". Good on them.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

rustled wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 1:36 pm It's interesting to have you complain I've misrepresented what you were saying, ...
It's interesting you automatically tried to accuse me of taking a partisan position.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 1:36 pm
It's interesting to have you complain I've misrepresented what you were saying, AND suggest I should have been able to figure out what you mean to imply - instead of taking the opportunity to state plainly that this blanket policy of holding a specific group of people in solitary confinement for 6 months pre-trial is wrong.

Several Democrats found it easy to say "it's wrong". Good on them.
:up: :up:

Yes, amazing that Democrats can say solitary confinement is wrong, and others are so invested in their partisan position that they just can't say it. It's almost like some kind of mental illness.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Ka-El wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 1:39 pm
rustled wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 1:36 pm It's interesting to have you complain I've misrepresented what you were saying, ...
It's interesting you automatically tried to accuse me of taking a partisan position.
Goodness, are you really going to start discussing who tries to make accusations against whom?

:topic: It seems to me it would be ever so much easier to simply state plainly that this blanket policy of holding a specific group of people in solitary confinement for 6 months pre-trial is wrong, as some of the Democrats have done.

Good on them for not making it about their political or ideological opponents.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Isn't this being discussed somewhere else? :135:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ferri wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 2:05 pm Isn't this being discussed somewhere else? :135:
It doesn't matter what the topic is. Some things never change. :(
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

This might not be terrorism as we just do not know yet , but if it involves jewish people in United States , chances are it does. thoughts and prayers for all involved to end this situation safely.

https://news.yahoo.com/hostage-situatio ... mQH_oyUUKd

A hostage situation was ongoing at a synagogue outside of Dallas, Texas, on Saturday afternoon involving a man who ranted about religion—all while being captured on a Facebook livestream.

Colleyville Police confirmed on Twitter that it was conducting SWAT operations at the Congregation Beth Israel synagogue, though it did not offer more details. The FBI has also responded to the scene.

As police surrounded the building, however, the synagogue’s Facebook livestream continued. Nobody could be seen on the livestream but a man with a British accent could be heard making references to weapons and ammunition. Just before 2 p.m. local time, the livestream cut out.
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Apparently he's a Muslim holding Jews. No surprise here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gogue.html
If anyone tries to enter this building ... everyone will die': Officials negotiating with man holding hostages at Texas synagogue
The suspect claims his sister is Aafia Siddiqui, who was convicted in New York for trying to kill US military personnel, according to an ABC News report 
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bb49 wrote: Jan 15th, 2022, 1:04 pm Apparently he's a Muslim holding Jews. No surprise here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gogue.html
If anyone tries to enter this building ... everyone will die': Officials negotiating with man holding hostages at Texas synagogue
The suspect claims his sister is Aafia Siddiqui, who was convicted in New York for trying to kill US military personnel, according to an ABC News report 
same old bs with those terrorists
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “World”