Ever won a lottery?

A potpourri of off-topics.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ever won a lottery?

Post by flamingfingers »

My daughter won the ultimate lottery last Saturday night: Her life or devastating injuries!
She was sitting on her couch, texting with me while we were watching Jeopardy. Commercial break so she put down her phone, had JUST left the room and a car plowed through the wall and into the living room, ending up against the couch she had seconds before been sitting on.

She and her partner had to move out but there isn't much left for her to move. The whole living room was demolished.

They're looking for a place to call home here in Victoria.......

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/i-fe ... -1.5773022
Chill
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

flamingfingers wrote: Feb 12th, 2022, 4:57 pmCommercial break so she put down her phone, had JUST left the room and a car plowed through the wall and into the living room, ending up against the couch she had seconds before been sitting on.

She and her partner had to move out but there isn't much left for her to move. The whole living room was demolished.
Holy crap! :200: :200: :135:

Hope she is ok and gets through this.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yikes! Glad she had arisen from couch in nick of time. :200:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

flamingfingers wrote: Feb 12th, 2022, 4:57 pm My daughter won the ultimate lottery last Saturday night: Her life or devastating injuries!
She was sitting on her couch, texting with me while we were watching Jeopardy. Commercial break so she put down her phone, had JUST left the room and a car plowed through the wall and into the living room, ending up against the couch she had seconds before been sitting on.

Good time to leave the the room.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Wholly. So glad she's un hurt. The sound and feel of that happening alone
would make ones mind race in the moment.

Hope she can find a suitable place without too much hassle.

Whew ! Dodged that one ! :smt045
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

flamingfingers wrote: Feb 12th, 2022, 4:57 pm My daughter won the ultimate lottery last Saturday night: Her life or devastating injuries!

^^OMG..someone was looking out for your daughter...glad she's ok
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Well that sucks.

Guy wins a $20 + Thousand dollar machine and get put on hold because of
supply chain issues.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/36 ... -announced

I went to enter a similar raffle last year online and it just stated
right on the form, Due to unavailable product, you'll get equal funds in lieu.

Still entered, it was $29,000 value after all.. No, I didn't win.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

You're so right. "Winning the lottery" can take many forms. I'm glad your daughter is okay.

Return to “Grab Bag”