Grabs a cryin' towel

A potpourri of off-topics.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Grabs a cryin' towel

Post by Queen K »

So today a 10 year old leveled me in the eye and said, "so do you know Star Wars"?

Me: "in 1977..."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
sobrohusfat
Guru

Re: Grabs a cryin' towel

Post by sobrohusfat »

regret.jpg
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Queen K wrote: Feb 19th, 2022, 4:25 pm So today a 10 year old leveled me in the eye and said, "so do you know Star Wars"?

Me: "in 1977..."
Watchucryinbout ?

Yer younger than I !

1977, when we thought anybody over 30 were on their death bed.

Just think how Gordon feels ! [icon_lol2.gif] :runforlife:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Then he showed me his Disney Plus account on his tablet the size of my 1977 school textbook cover and explained The Mandalorian isn't a movie (which I thought I missed in the theaters). :cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Ah well your not so aged that you had to go through having your
pony tails dipped in the ink wells.

You're doing good yet.

slinks off to find out what Mandalorian is......
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

:200:

The Mandalorian is awesome!

The Book of Boba Fett was okay, I felt the inclusion of Din Djarrin really spiced things up. Although I am loving Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand - she voiced her in The Bad Batch.

There are a LOT of crossovers in the Star Wars universe. https://www.imdb.com/list/ls072034866/ You can miss out on references to other works. In particular, it crosses media styles - live-action and animation.

I can tell you according to the list I linked that I haven't seen any of the Star Wars: Droids series (entries 11-13).

However, I've seen the Clone Wars (entries 4 through 8), The Bad Batch (entry 10) and Rebels (entry 16). They do start out a bit slow but pick up speed in ensuing seasons. Those ones I will recommend.

I have never seen the Star Wars Holiday Special (Entry 20) - I'm told that is a good thing XD
or the Ewok specials (Entries 22-24)

And Star Wars: Resistance I just couldn't get into - couldn't even finish the first season (Entries 29, 31 & 33)

Upcoming releases in the live-action realm that will be on Disney Plus that I'm excited to see are:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (entry 15, currently in post-production - and they brought back John Williams to score it!!!! :D )
Ahsoka (entry 28 - currently in post-production). The thing about Ahsoka is that unless you've seen clone wars & rebels, you probably won't be invested in her character.

and a few others that could be interesting:
The Acolyte (entry 1 - currently in pre-production)
Andor (entry 17 - currently in post-production, a prequel to Rogue One. I really liked Rogue One, hope they do it justice).

And the thing is, I'm not a HUGE fan of Star Wars - not like a number of my friends! I have a few friends who have seen and READ anything Star Wars related.
Check this out - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_books
these are the books set in the Star Wars Universe. I have read maybe 20 or so.
https://pennbookcenter.com/how-many-sta ... are-there/ According to this, there are 381 novels.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It was interesting to me that the boys were inherently uninterested in Princess Leia. She had the best lines and took action.

I used to see a lot of Star Wars novels but was equally uninterested in them. Having said that, if and only if I subscribe to Disney Plus will I actually be invested in the rest of the series. I take it there is no other way to see them.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Queen K wrote: Feb 20th, 2022, 5:55 pm ...if and only if I subscribe to Disney Plus...
Pffff - disney - (*said like Seinfeld says Neuman*)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/genedelvec ... c219a065a4
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:200: What the?

Should we all not cancel Disney then?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

That was all Kathleen Kennedy. She has been dumped and Dave Filoni is in charge now. LOL - as an "in" joke in one of the episodes there is a speeder gang rampaging and they tag buildings etc with two of the same characters. In Huttese (or so I have been informed by a fan) they are the initials "KK".

We're hoping Gina is back soon, I really liked her.
I haven't failed until I quit.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

Pod Racer on N64 was pretty awesome!

I can't remember the first time I watched star wars! I was born in 84 so I wanna say 88 or somewhere around there! :biggrin:

Return to “Grab Bag”