Joe Biden's War in Ukraine

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Joe Biden's War in Ukraine

Post by JLives »

rustled wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 3:28 pm
JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 3:07 pm

I will repeat. The US is not at war. Do you understand this?
Again: I didn't say the US was at war. I'm not sure why you feel the need to reinterpret what I wrote here. Since you've told us you skim my posts, this time I've bolded and underlined to help make it more visible.

IMO badgering me with your silly loaded questions is nothing more than pointless bickering, and accomplishes nothing.

:topic:
Was this the other Rustled?
rustled wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 10:58 am

I can't speak to Ukraine's political choices. My posts in this thread have been on the topic of how the election of Biden in the US has consistently served the US political establishment's preferences. War was one of the predicted consequences. Here we are.
Is this a position you have shared on this board?
rustled wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 10:09 am
Perspective bias is a nasty master. Folk who wanted Biden as president "no matter what" and went to great lengths wo promote him can see the consequences we were warned of coming to fruition - including this war.
I underlined it so you knew which part I was referring to. Which war is the consequence of Biden's election? I'm going to guess the one in Ukraine since it's in the title of this very thread. But we know the US is not at war and is not part of the government of the country invading Ukraine so maybe it's a different one?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

Thinktank wrote: Mar 9th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Biden was the "point man" for Ukraine under Obama....

Now are you still glad Biden won?
The video posted by the OP leads in with a stolen election claim (yep, this guy thinks Trump won). Then it falls into a false-flag conflict in the Donbas, making zero mention of Russia's annexation of Crimea. This selective linking of chronological events as causative continues throughout the whole video.

Using similar, selective pieces of history as this ... and who is this actually? ... person, I can make almost any claim. Remove enough of the right facts and you can claim just about anything.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Sparki55 wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 3:30 pm
JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 3:07 pm Do you understand this?
You don't understand what Rustled is implying and it's a little embarrassing to watch you explain something as if you're the smartest person in the room.
Maybe you can explain then. Please explain how this was a consequence of Biden's presidency ...
Putin, a former KGB agent who was stationed in East Germany, has said he regrets the Soviet Union's demise and made clear that he does not accept Europe's post-Cold War security architecture.

He has offered a litany of complaints about the security risks to Russia of further NATO expansion and made the case that Ukraine was "completely created" out of land from the former Russian empire during the Soviet Union's formation. The implication was that he sees himself as on a historical mission to undo wrongs inflicted by Lenin's Bolsheviks.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/vladimi ... ne-2787540
President Putin has frequently accused Ukraine of being taken over by extremists, ever since its pro-Russian president, Viktor Yanukovych, was ousted in 2014 after months of protests against his rule.

Russia then retaliated by seizing the southern region of Crimea and triggering a rebellion in the east, backing separatists who have fought Ukrainian forces in a war that has claimed 14,000 lives.

Late in 2021, Russia began deploying big numbers of troops close to Ukraine's borders, while repeatedly denying it was going to attack. Then Mr Putin scrapped a 2015 peace deal for the east and recognised areas under rebel control as independent.

Russia has long resisted Ukraine's move towards the European Union and the West's defensive military alliance, Nato. Announcing Russia's invasion, he accused Nato of threatening "our historic future as a nation".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56720589
It’s clear now that Putin’s endgame is nothing short of a revanchist imperialist remaking of the globe to take control of the entire former Soviet space.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... s-00011652
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 25th, 2022, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 3:41 pm
Again: I didn't say the US was at war. I'm not sure why you feel the need to reinterpret what I wrote here. Since you've told us you skim my posts, this time I've bolded and underlined to help make it more visible.

IMO badgering me with your silly loaded questions is nothing more than pointless bickering, and accomplishes nothing.

I can't speak to Ukraine's political choices. My posts in this thread have been on the topic of how the election of Biden in the US has consistently served the US political establishment's preferences. War was one of the predicted consequences. Here we are.
Perspective bias is a nasty master. Folk who wanted Biden as president "no matter what" and went to great lengths wo promote him can see the consequences we were warned of coming to fruition - including this war.
I underlined it so you knew which part I was referring to. Which war is the consequence of Biden's election? I'm going to guess the one in Ukraine since it's in the title of this very thread. But we know the US is not at war and is not part of the government of the country invading Ukraine so maybe it's a different one?
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Bring back the LIKE button.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 3:41 pm

I honestly can't tell if you're genuinely unable to understand what I wrote, or just bickering and badgering for the sake of bickering and badgering. Given who's joined in the snarking, I tend to suspect it's the latter.
The political establishment in the US worked very hard to get Biden elected, and during the election we saw some talk that war is more profitable for plenty of people pulling the strings than peace.

I recall some of this talk in particular around those behind The Lincoln Project, with the prediction that a "new" war would be more likely if they were successful in getting Biden elected.

And here we are. A "new" war. As predicted by some of those most cynical of The Lincoln Project's true motivations.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I see. So any war started would be their fault. It just happened to be Ukraine. Got it. Thanks for clarifying!
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

rustled wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 6:48 pm The political establishment in the US worked very hard to get Biden elected, and during the election we saw some talk that war is more profitable for plenty of people pulling the strings than peace.

I recall some of this talk in particular around those behind The Lincoln Project, with the prediction that a "new" war would be more likely if they were successful in getting Biden elected.

And here we are. A "new" war. As predicted by some of those most cynical of The Lincoln Project's true motivations.
That sounds far fetched.
If I recall The Lincoln Project wanted to get rid of the idiotic buffoon residing at the White House at the time.
Although everyone knows not to trust Putin (well, except for one individual who trusted him more than the US Intelligence agencies) I don't think anyone could have predicted how much of a despot he really is.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 7:06 pm I see. So any war started would be their fault. It just happened to be Ukraine. Got it. Thanks for clarifying!
Don't put words in my mouth, thanks. Saying any "new" war "would be their fault" isn't the same as saying a "new" war would be among the likelier outcomes they were hoping for.

As I recall, Hunter Biden was overly involved in the Ukraine while his father was VP. Lots to sift through here, and no easy way to sift through it.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

rustled wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 7:22 pm
JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 7:06 pm I see. So any war started would be their fault. It just happened to be Ukraine. Got it. Thanks for clarifying!
Don't put words in my mouth, thanks. Saying any "new" war "would be their fault" isn't the same as saying a "new" war would be among the likelier outcomes they were hoping for.
Ok that's wrong too I guess. What are you saying in the Bidens War on Ukraine thread?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

:135: Can no one explain how this was a consequence of Biden's presidency ...
Putin, a former KGB agent who was stationed in East Germany, has said he regrets the Soviet Union's demise and made clear that he does not accept Europe's post-Cold War security architecture.

He has offered a litany of complaints about the security risks to Russia of further NATO expansion and made the case that Ukraine was "completely created" out of land from the former Russian empire during the Soviet Union's formation. The implication was that he sees himself as on a historical mission to undo wrongs inflicted by Lenin's Bolsheviks.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/vladimi ... ne-2787540
President Putin has frequently accused Ukraine of being taken over by extremists, ever since its pro-Russian president, Viktor Yanukovych, was ousted in 2014 after months of protests against his rule.

Russia then retaliated by seizing the southern region of Crimea and triggering a rebellion in the east, backing separatists who have fought Ukrainian forces in a war that has claimed 14,000 lives.

Late in 2021, Russia began deploying big numbers of troops close to Ukraine's borders, while repeatedly denying it was going to attack. Then Mr Putin scrapped a 2015 peace deal for the east and recognised areas under rebel control as independent.

Russia has long resisted Ukraine's move towards the European Union and the West's defensive military alliance, Nato. Announcing Russia's invasion, he accused Nato of threatening "our historic future as a nation".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56720589
It’s clear now that Putin’s endgame is nothing short of a revanchist imperialist remaking of the globe to take control of the entire former Soviet space.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... s-00011652
Hmmm. Seems very likely this isn't Biden's war after all.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 7:35 pm
rustled wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 7:22 pm

Ok that's wrong too I guess. What are you saying in the Bidens War on Ukraine thread?
No need to guess, though. Seems to me most people can quite easily comprehend what "a 'new' war would be among the likelier outcomes they were hoping for" by getting their preferred candidate elected as president, Biden, means.

I don't think there's any point trying to make it easier for those of you still "struggling" with the concept. Seems to me the intention of this snarking is simply to get this thread tossed into bickering. Why not start one in the appropriate place for that, and let this one stay upstairs?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

rustled wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 7:45 pm
JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 7:35 pm

No need to guess, though. Seems to me most people can quite easily comprehend what "a 'new' war would be among the likelier outcomes they were hoping for" by getting their preferred candidate elected as president, Biden, means.

I don't think there's any point trying to make it easier for those of you still "struggling" with the concept. Seems to me the intention of this snarking is simply to get this thread tossed into bickering. Why not start one in the appropriate place for that, and let this one stay upstairs?
Not at all. Just trying to figure out what your point of view is in this thread. You said the election of Biden was why this war happened. See quotes of your own words above. But you say that's not what you are saying so I'm asking what are you saying? That's all.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 8:01 pm
rustled wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 7:45 pm

Not at all. Just trying to figure out what your point of view is in this thread. You said the election of Biden was why this war happened. See quotes of your own words above. But you say that's not what you are saying so I'm asking what are you saying? That's all.
There's no need to reinterpret what I said, JLives. Seems to me the only reason you'd need to put words in my mouth would be so you can bicker about what I didn't say, just as the only reason to quote me is for the sake of bickering. (And if I believed you honestly can't understand what I wrote, I'd feel sorry for you!) Since I see it has now become acceptable for us to re-post the same thing, perhaps the mods won't mind this attempt to get back to topic:
The political establishment in the US worked very hard to get Biden elected, and during the election we saw some talk that war is more profitable for plenty of people pulling the strings than peace.

Last edited by rustled on Feb 25th, 2022, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Biden and Harris at a minimum, are completely useless at negotiations. Are western nations guilty of inflaming the situation over many years, or would Putin have acted anyways? As the Ukraine became a prosperous nation, just the sight of such a democratic group would be a threat to Russia’s ideology. Ironically, Putin is calling the Ukrainians nazis.

I’m skeptical Putin has his sights on the world unless that idea is a joint endeavour with China. Russia and their failing economy, health care and small 144 million population and shrinking will only stretch so far. The Ukraine has 44 million and many willing fighters to threaten Russia for decades.

Putin published an essay in regards to the Ukraine and mentioned the collapse of the USSR was tragic. He is probably dreaming of a reunited country. I don’t believe that will be the final result.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/u ... ambitions/
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “World”