Nabcom has left the rooms. Permanently.

A potpourri of off-topics.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:
bsuds wrote:I would have thought with your name that lack of coffee would not be an issue! LOL

I'm now on coffee cup #3 and feeling much better! Hmmm, maybe its the combination of coffee AND chocolate covered almonds. :lol:
~D
I'll be right over.............
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Fancy wrote:
CoffeeCanuck wrote:
bsuds wrote:I would have thought with your name that lack of coffee would not be an issue! LOL

I'm now on coffee cup #3 and feeling much better! Hmmm, maybe its the combination of coffee AND chocolate covered almonds. :lol:
~D
I'll be right over.............

LOL...well, I believe the flight leaving Kelowna to Halifax leaves at 8:10pm tonite and arrives at 0630 tomorrow morning, so I'll have a nice fresh pot of coffee on and a big bowl of almonds ready!

~D
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Wouldn't I love to :)
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

I just had a thought. See, the coffee is kicking in! :smt081

Maybe Nab is now a lurker. Nab...if you are, come on back, there are many of us who miss your thoughtful posts.

~D
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I wish he would come back too - I don't pop into the Religious thread often so I totally missed that he left. Debating is fine but it shouldn't get to the point of disrupting one's way of thinking or life in general.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Fancy wrote:I wish he would come back too - I don't pop into the Religious thread often so I totally missed that he left. Debating is fine but it shouldn't get to the point of disrupting one's way of thinking or life in general.

Absolutely. At one time, someone explained to me that there is a differance between debating and discussing. When one is debating a pov, they will do everything to prove their position is the right one. When one is discussing an issue, they are able to look at another viewpoint, understand where the poster is comming from, empathize, even change their own pov if it's warranted. This made sense to me. I much perfer an intelligent and indepth discussion.

Who knows what else was happening in Nabs life. When I took my little hiatus, I had other personal stuff happening and then to come on these forums and have to deal with ignorant posters just got to be too much. In the mean time, I've learned to not take things quite so personally and ignore a lot.

~D
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:
Fancy wrote:I wish he would come back too - I don't pop into the Religious thread often so I totally missed that he left. Debating is fine but it shouldn't get to the point of disrupting one's way of thinking or life in general.

Absolutely. At one time, someone explained to me that there is a differance between debating and discussing. When one is debating a pov, they will do everything to prove their position is the right one. When one is discussing an issue, they are able to look at another viewpoint, understand where the poster is comming from, empathize, even change their own pov if it's warranted. This made sense to me. I much perfer an intelligent and indepth discussion.

Who knows what else was happening in Nabs life. When I took my little hiatus, I had other personal stuff happening and then to come on these forums and have to deal with ignorant posters just got to be too much. In the mean time, I've learned to not take things quite so personally and ignore a lot.

~D

It's a shame to lose a good contributor and be left with what I consider a perfect poster candidate for troll of the decade.

I can certainly sympathize with how Nabs felt as I used to like going into the religion thread but choose not to anymore for the very same reason.

All that CK ever does in that arena is peddle stupidity and intolerance at every opportunity possible.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

LoneWolf wrote:It's a shame to lose a good contributor and be left with what I consider a perfect poster candidate for troll of the decade.

I can certainly sympathize with how Nabs felt as I used to like going into the religion thread but choose not to anymore for the very same reason.

All that CK ever does in that arena is peddle stupidity and intolerance at every opportunity possible.

Yep. I've retreated as well. It seems every good thread in there is overtaken with the same crapola recirculated, which is too bad.

~D
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

LoneWolf wrote:It's a shame to lose a good contributor

Well, thanks for filling me in!
I felt Nab was a very good contributor who spent a great deal of time typing out, sometimes very long replies(almost like reading a short story) with good views on the subjects.
I always thought Nab could take whatever was thrown at him, and not blink an eye!
I realize he has been gone for quite some time, but didn't realize that he was ready to call it quits because he couldn't tolerate the discussions!

Wherever you are Nab, and if your lurking, I hope you are Healthy and enjoying yourself to the max! :124:
Snowbaby
Lord of the Board

Post by Snowbaby »

LoneWolf wrote:It's a shame to lose a good contributor and be left with what I consider a perfect poster candidate for troll of the decade.

Same thing with Saxon and I...we used to like to go in there and discuss things, but got tired of the same old drivel and circles he made of each thread.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Snowbaby wrote:

Same thing with Saxon and I...we used to like to go in there and discuss things, but got tired of the same old drivel and circles he made of each thread.

Same goes here...everytime I tried to have an honest discussion with some others, most including Nab, CK would start in and even if we tried to talk around him, he went on and on to the point where the discussion was pointless. It was such a shame, as I believe that most of in the religion thread wanted to have honest open, thoughtworthy discussions with each other. What a shame. :(
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I think it's safe to go in the water again.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

zzontar wrote:I think it's safe to go in the water again.

**Dipping my toes in, wiggling them about, splashing and having fun**

Yep, it should be safe now. :lol: I think the answer is simple. We go back to having meaningful and respectful discussions and the first post that goes off topic, just report it and have the mods take care of things.

~D
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:
zzontar wrote:I think it's safe to go in the water again.

**Dipping my toes in, wiggling them about, splashing and having fun**

Yep, it should be safe now. :lol: I think the answer is simple. We go back to having meaningful and respectful discussions and the first post that goes off topic, just report it and have the mods take care of things.

~D

Exactly CC, if it is not reported, there is not much we can do. As much as we "lurk" on all threads, there are some that are missed.
Cheers,
Trip!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “Grab Bag”