Semi Transport trucks on Clement

A potpourri of off-topics.
dolly

Semi Transport trucks on Clement

Post by dolly »

I was very nearly run down by a semi driving along Clement Avenue by the lights at High Rd.
This was a PEPSI truck travelling at about 90 (my guess) I entered into the right lane from a yield but Boy did I miscalulate his rate of speed! He kept it up and I just barely got into the left lane as he zoomed by right into the school crosswalk zone.
The posted speed is 50 with signs.

Interesting that High Rd which is filled with mostly parents and school age children on their way to school at 830am have to compete with this. And would any accident ever be worth it? Would he have thought he was the winner if "I" had not made it into the "fast" lane? and out of his freaking way?

Can anything be done about the excess speeds on the new Clement Ave
connector -esp from Glenmore headed towards Gordon?

My confidence is shaken!
Life is a kaleidoscope of love and laughter and dreams and...sorrows.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

The only think people can do to help matters, is, take down plate numbers, vehicle identification, driver description and call 762-3300 and ask for Dispatch!
Enough similar complaints will force the Police or Speedwatch to monitor the area. Doing nothing will not help solve the speed problem.
BoB76
Guru

Re: Semi Transport trucks on Clement

Post by BoB76 »

dolly wrote:I was very nearly run down by a semi driving along Clement Avenue by the lights at High Rd.
This was a PEPSI truck travelling at about 90 (my guess) I entered into the right lane from a yield but Boy did I miscalulate his rate of speed! He kept it up and I just barely got into the left lane as he zoomed by right into the school crosswalk zone.
The posted speed is 50 with signs.

Interesting that High Rd which is filled with mostly parents and school age children on their way to school at 830am have to compete with this. And would any accident ever be worth it? Would he have thought he was the winner if "I" had not made it into the "fast" lane? and out of his freaking way?

Can anything be done about the excess speeds on the new Clement Ave
connector -esp from Glenmore headed towards Gordon?

My confidence is shaken!

Why don't you call Pepsi and complain about their driver?? Probably only one in that area in the morning. I am guessing your judgment of speed isn't all that great as others would be calling and most people don't drive that fast with signs on their trucks. There are about 8000 other roads that people drive too fast on as well so don't pick on old clement!!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

BoB76 wrote: I am guessing your judgment of speed isn't all that great as others would be calling and most people don't drive that fast with signs on their trucks.

Why are you discrediting dolly? If they figure the truck was speeding, I would have to say it must have been, possibly 89 clicks in a 50!

There is a Septic Honey Wagon truck in Rutland, it races around the streets, and the driver sells dope at the same time, so there are a few that drive Marked big trucks far too fast figuring they are invisible!
I have seen EasyHome, 3 ton cube Vans racing down the streets as well!
This is Kelowna, anything is possible!
Everyone appears to be in a rush, like the world is going to end in the next hour! :1422:
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:
BoB76 wrote: I am guessing your judgment of speed isn't all that great as others would be calling and most people don't drive that fast with signs on their trucks.

Why are you discrediting dolly? If they figure the truck was speeding, I would have to say it must have been, possibly 89 clicks in a 50!

There is a Septic Honey Wagon truck in Rutland, it races around the streets, and the driver sells dope at the same time, so there are a few that drive Marked big trucks far too fast figuring they are invisible!
I have seen EasyHome, 3 ton cube Vans racing down the streets as well!
This is Kelowna, anything is possible!
Everyone appears to be in a rush, like the world is going to end in the next hour! :1422:

Easyhome 3 ton is a ford 1 ton cube van......... need to get your info straight too!! BTW I seen your youtube video of the guy in the dodge doing excessive speed.......didn't look that fast to me. I do know what type of people I am discrediting.....those who are full of bs.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

BoB76 wrote:Easyhome 3 ton is a ford 1 ton cube van......... need to get your info straight too!! BTW I seen your youtube video of the guy in the dodge doing excessive speed.......didn't look that fast to me. I do know what type of people I am discrediting.....those who are full of bs.

Are You sure your not DiscreditBob?
Oh, of course he didn't look that fast to you!
He was only going 80-100 in a 50 zone! :smt075
Next time I'll get him doing 140 in a 50 and you'll say, he wasn't going that fast! :smt075 We will just call you Discredit Bob, something like Bob Hopes Brother, No Hope!
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

BoB76 wrote:Easyhome 3 ton is a ford 1 ton cube van......... need to get your info straight too!! BTW I seen your youtube video of the guy in the dodge doing excessive speed.......didn't look that fast to me. I do know what type of people I am discrediting.....those who are full of bs.

Next time I'll get him doing 140 in a 50 and you'll say, he wasn't going that fast! :smt075 We will just call you Discredit Bob, something like Bob Hopes Brother, No Hope!

An we shall call you "BS 'N' Stuff"
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

you guys. i swear. if i weren't already crazy you would drive me there and i bet you would speed! :lol:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

ferri wrote:you guys. i swear. if i weren't already crazy you would drive me there and i bet you would speed! :lol:

Well, sorry Ferri, some people were Born to Argue, just for the sake of it!
And Bob is one of them! :1422:
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

ferri wrote:you guys. i swear. if i weren't already crazy you would drive me there and i bet you would speed! :lol:

Well, sorry Ferri, some people were Born to Argue, just for the sake of it!
And Bob is one of them! :1422:

You must be another. Bet you sit in your lazy boy yelling answers at Alex Trabeck on Jeopardy with spaghetti sauce all over your shirt.
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

Here Struts, you need one of these:

http://www.mvpathleticsupplies.com/proc ... &do=detail
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

whoa! now that would be cool! he does need one!
― Albert Einstein
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

quagmaire wrote:Here Struts, you need one of these:
http://www.mvpathleticsupplies.com/proc ... &do=detail

Actually you are so right!
I made a deal with another Poster on another thread that he can buy the unit and we will check out vehicles speeds, and if we don't find at least one vehicle going around 120 down Springfield on a Friday or Saturday night, I would give him the purchase price and hang my head!
If we did get a speed reading of around 120, he would give me the gun for a gift and tell the world, as well as apologise!
He didn't want to hold up his end of the deal! :2305:

Now I want a scanner and telescope thrown in, he had it good before!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

okay, i am giving you guys a heads-up here, i am going to move this thread to Grab Bag...it doesn't really belong in News. :lol: see you there!
― Albert Einstein
bslider

Post by bslider »

I live in this area and walk the streets alot, i cant speak to spefici incidents but what i will say is that about 1/3 of the ime i am out on walks i observe what i would call high speeds, IMO thats over 80 clicks in 50 zone. Clement is bad, so is Glenmore, and so is Gordon. Even Ellis can get bad in front of Health office.

Dont have any solutions short of more enforcement, just adding to the observations. I do openly admit that i dont always drive 50, likely around 60 on these lanes, even 65 i would have no issue with, but 80-90 is crazy, and someone will get seriously hurt if not already.

Remamber Kids are not always aware of whats going on around them (should be aware-but aren't), they only have to chase after a baseball, not see a high speed car approaching and there life disappears in an instant.

Return to “Grab Bag”