Nuclear War

Jlabute
Guru

Re: Nuclear War

Post by Jlabute »

Queen K wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 9:59 am Beat me to April 1. Then I must take April 2. "This is no joke."
You never know, they could chose "earth hour", March 26th, after everyone turns off their computers and lights.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Now that would be ironic, right? Earth Hour, the hour the Earth gets bathed in nuclear particles up close and personal. Do you plan to keep your computer off? Or just buy a new one? I think I'll be sitting in the relative dark, bathed in the light of the Asus to see if you're right.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

normaM wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 10:06 am Putin made be insane but he isn't suicidal, no Nukes
Gee you people are a ray of Sunshine!!!!
Yep, I agree, but ray of sunshine or not, the signals are there. Personally, I think if we're paralyzed out of the fear of what he might do, that's a pretty weak strategy and an even weaker show of our character.

Anyways, for anyone watching flightradar24, dial in "Rossiya" and watch for RSD980, although all of them matter. They've been running drills off and on, for the last week and a half, to crank up the tension. The bug-out drills are an eye catcher, but I'm fairly certain if they're doing the real thing they'll turn all the transponders off.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

oldtrucker wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 10:30 am
Drip_Torch wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 9:19 am

Combination of weather being perfect for a strike in Ukraine, particularly Kyiv, and Biden's visit to Warsaw. I gave the times in "our time", so yes that 3 pm window you see falls in that assessment. Not suggesting it's the best day to start an all out nuclear war, but it's a good day to use a tactical nuke for the show of strength. (Which, if it were indeed ever to go that way, is likely how it would start.)

I still have my doubts and think it's not at all likely to happen, but...

ETA: took me a minute to find it. Here's the deal, when the founder of the Russian Neo-Nazi party is in control of the missiles and he's posting things like this on twitter...

---> https://mobile.twitter.com/Rogozin/stat ... 7301571593 <---

I think everyone has to sit up and take notice.

Just for oldtrucker, the rest of you look away, here's a flight I followed the other day that was "interesting".

Untitled-8.gif

Yep, those 6 engines on the icon means exactly what you think it does. Not sure what the other flight stacked on top of it was, it didn't show type or description. They run a daily duo over in Europe, there's at least 4 pinging, but it's the first time I've noticed it over Canada.
Looks like someone is practicing holds. Ya I'll go with that. Where did that originate from drip? Can't see on the pic
It seemed like it was somewhere in Montana, but they turned the transponder on at fl 23 and turned it off just south of our border at the same level. So... could be anywhere.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I vote that Drip-Torch and Old Trucker co-author a thrilling novel based on geo-political intrigue and nukes. Not that it hasn't been done, it just hasnt' been done with their knowledge base. But first a meeting in a pub for the inevitable "get to know you better" drinks.
jessebooker wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 10:11 am Ukraine literally have national battalions we are being fed mis information and we are actively helping nazis in Ukraine.
Oh you mean Kolomiasky, he's the billionaire oligrach who hired his private militia to defy the Ukraine Govt decision to fire someone. And yes, they ironically were of nazi nature, imagine a jewish billionaire finding them handy. But money talks, we know we know. Also google Kolomiasky and look in the footnotes for all the links to build the wiki information. More details are found in them. Enjoy.

This Russian invasion gets worse and worse when you just don't know why oligarchs are robbing entire nations and allowed to live.
Last edited by Queen K on Mar 24th, 2022, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jessebooker
Fledgling

Post by jessebooker »

Putin is not bluffing.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I'll just drop this here.
My view of what a reliable source looks like.
No sides picked. just facts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1hWW53dX_k

Russia threatens nuke to wipe Warsaw off the map.

eta; the threat..1:00 minute mark.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

oldtrucker wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 10:41 am I wanna go flying now
How about one of these? New home away from home at RAAF Amberley with some birds of a feather.

https://twitter.com/cqplanespotting/sta ... 7756612608

:D
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

dirtybiker wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 11:13 am I'll just drop this here.
My view of what a reliable source looks like.
No sides picked. just facts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1hWW53dX_k

Russia threatens nuke to wipe Warsaw off the map.

eta; the threat..1:00 minute mark.
Yep, all sorts of that going on. Been watching it for weeks. I try to post the ones that can be closed captioned every now and then.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I would bet the research stations in Antarctica are having snowball fights with the Russians.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What is your first move if you hear of a nuke drop?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

:bethecoffee:

Obviously. And not the stuff out of a tin either. I'm talking the imported bagged stuff.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

oldtrucker wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 11:58 am
Drip_Torch wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 11:22 am

How about one of these? New home away from home at RAAF Amberley with some birds of a feather.

https://twitter.com/cqplanespotting/sta ... 7756612608

:D
Umm... Maybe they are there for a airshow?
Not so sure they will be able to penetrate Russian airspace and survive long enough to be able to use their b-61 and 83's
I think that has far more to do with this map that keeps showing up on Russian media. (note: Suwalki corridor)

There's some forces built up in western Belarus.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

oldtrucker wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 12:52 pm ^^° so your thinking they will be used for delivering to that area South east of Lithuania? They are variable yield and could be used as neutron weapons airburst over Russian troops. Contact / laydown mode would bleep up the area for a few weeks with fallout..
Speaking of fallout... We can have a nuclear war up until about 6 pm today. After that the upper winds will change not in our favour when Bremerton gets hit. Before 6 pm the winds would keep most of the fallout south.
I'll go this far... There's some very serious planning going on right now. I've seen days where just in the C-17's there's been the capacity to have close to 3/4 of a million pounds of equipment in the air over Europe at a given time.

At the moment, I see Canada going into Rzeszow and it's 9 pm. NATO seems to be taking things seriously.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Queen, nothing really to do unless climbing up on the roof with a bottle of wine
Who wants to be like On the Beach?or I am Legend
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “World”