General Covid News / Anti Vaxxers / Pro Vaxx

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
samsquench07
Übergod

Re: What happened to the flu season?

Post by samsquench07 »

Vacancyrate wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 11:14 am Where did the flu go?

Flu shot clinics are all gone.

Did COVID eat the flu?
Your talking about the Covid flu?
Which they said wasn’t the flu?
Which was only Covid?
And the flu went down to 0 cases for the first time since the 1700’s?

That Covid flu?
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

samsquench07 wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 10:55 pm Your talking about the Covid flu?
Which was only Covid?
"We eliminated the flu because everyone is wearing masks and socially distancing"

- everyone is wearing masks?
- everyone is socially distancing?

No flu outbreaks in church groups, antivaxxers, college kids, illegal party goers, the homeless, large groups of families/workers/politicians/rich people not wearing masks, various political protests and all our schools last year. COVID outbreaks in carehomes going on still. No flu oubreaks though.

Amazing.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

samsquench07 wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 10:55 pm

Your talking about the Covid flu?
Which was only Covid?

That Covid flu?
There were cases, far fewer than average, but there were cases, and there were deaths.
Fortunately, more people got vaccinated last year, more people social distanced, more people wore masks, more people kept their hands clean.

Amazing what precautions every child learns can do to reduce the spread of viruses. Its quite bizarre that adults can't seem to make such a basic connection.

But please, don't let that interrupt your misguided narrative, its good for a laugh :up:
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

January 19th Article:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5878835

"Flu season typically peaks in B.C. in December and January. Skowronski said public health measures taken to slow COVID-19 — like handwashing, physical distancing, mask-wearing and reduced travel — are likely what's thwarted the regular flu."
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

WESTman wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 3:31 pm They are not risking anything legally, the scam is actively being sanctioned by our institutions. They are using a PCR test which isn't even a diagnostic tool, to inflate numbers. That's why the average age of death is in the 80's and other people with co-morbidities, cancers, heart disease etc. Maye start using your critical thinking skills a bit, we have people running around with masks shooting stuff into their bloodstream for no reason. It would be funny if they weren't trying to drag the rest of us into this mass mental illness.
Neither of your earlier articles support the idea that the PCR test can't distinguish between the common cold and COVID, yet you ignore earlier comments indicating as much. What critical thinking skills did you bring to bear when you read these articles?

You also equate inflated PCR positives with inflated deaths somehow. They are different things. The common cold brings common symptoms we've all seen, but COVID brings increasing respiratory distress and declining vitals. I am pretty sure that a physician of any stripe can differentiate between the two.

Physicians are allowed to practice in BC through their association with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. Physician liability is lifelong, which is why they usually practice as incorporated entities and carry liability insurance. They are not beholden to institutions - they are contracted partners to hospitals in all but the rarest of cases, and also partners to the province.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Same thing - for me - that happened to flu season every year.

Last time I got a flu was 1990. It was a seven day killer flu. Most people would have gone to a doctor and begged to be medicated up. I lied down for the entire seven days because I couldn't stand up. I deserved that flu. That year I ate
a lot of cheap garbage.

So how did I get rid of "flu season" for almost thirty two years? (and also got rid of common cold by 99%)

Did I wash my hands a lot? Nope. Just the normal amount.
Did I wear a mask? Nope.
Did I freak out - social distancing - when going to Walmart, walking on arrows and staying six feet away? Nope.
Did I get vaccinated?
laughing.gif
So what did I do in 1990, so differently to everyone else who gets the flu. I heard 70% of people over sixty get a flu shot.
I never heard a health authority - not once - speak about how to avoid getting the flu without vaccines.
That tells you what 'criminals' our health authorities are. Adrian Dix for example studied history - not health.
"Third Dose" Bonnie only studied vaccines - not health.

So if you want flu season to go away, without having vaccine passports all you have to do is change your diet.
And don't work too hard in winter. Those are the two things I started doing in 1990. I got Bernard Jensen's
book "Vibrant Health from your Kitchen" and I read it. And, for a while there I took a vacation to a sunny location
on the beach. Now that idiot in Ottawa won't let me. The creep wants me to get sick.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

marooned wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 6:48 am
WESTman wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 3:31 pm They are not risking anything legally, the scam is actively being sanctioned by our institutions. They are using a PCR test which isn't even a diagnostic tool, to inflate numbers. That's why the average age of death is in the 80's and other people with co-morbidities, cancers, heart disease etc. Maye start using your critical thinking skills a bit, we have people running around with masks shooting stuff into their bloodstream for no reason. It would be funny if they weren't trying to drag the rest of us into this mass mental illness.
Neither of your earlier articles support the idea that the PCR test can't distinguish between the common cold and COVID, yet you ignore earlier comments indicating as much. What critical thinking skills did you bring to bear when you read these articles?

You also equate inflated PCR positives with inflated deaths somehow. They are different things. The common cold brings common symptoms we've all seen, but COVID brings increasing respiratory distress and declining vitals. I am pretty sure that a physician of any stripe can differentiate between the two.

Physicians are allowed to practice in BC through their association with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. Physician liability is lifelong, which is why they usually practice as incorporated entities and carry liability insurance. They are not beholden to institutions - they are contracted partners to hospitals in all but the rarest of cases, and also partners to the province.
I had covid. It was like a flu. Not the worst one I've had by any means.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Some in the medical community are still wary:
The most recent influenza surveillance bulletin from the BC Centre for Disease Control shows there have been just 290 detected cases of the flu in B.C. between Oct. 3, 2021 and March 12, 2022. A total of 142,931 specimens were tested, translating to a test positivity rate of 0.2%.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/364051 ... row#364051

Especially in light of this:
“We had virtually no flu all through the fall and winter and in the last 10 days we’ve had 22 positives,” he said. “It’s occurring exactly where you’d expect it to occur. It’s related to public health measures being relaxed, and it’s occurring in young adults, the group that socializes more than anyone else.”
https://www.strathroyagedispatch.com/ne ... nd-experts
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
marbles1979
Board Meister

Post by marbles1979 »

Fancy wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 8:20 am Some in the medical community are still wary:
The most recent influenza surveillance bulletin from the BC Centre for Disease Control shows there have been just 290 detected cases of the flu in B.C. between Oct. 3, 2021 and March 12, 2022. A total of 142,931 specimens were tested, translating to a test positivity rate of 0.2%.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/364051 ... row#364051

Especially in light of this:
“We had virtually no flu all through the fall and winter and in the last 10 days we’ve had 22 positives,” he said. “It’s occurring exactly where you’d expect it to occur. It’s related to public health measures being relaxed, and it’s occurring in young adults, the group that socializes more than anyone else.”
https://www.strathroyagedispatch.com/ne ... nd-experts
People get sick and have been getting sick since the beginning of time. We had no flu in the fall and winter cause we've only been testing for Covid for the past two years, not the flu. Why the hysteria all the time about people getting sick. Covid is not as bad as it has been made out to be, plain and simple.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

marbles1979 wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 9:16 am People get sick and have been getting sick since the beginning of time. We had no flu in the fall and winter cause we've only been testing for Covid for the past two years, not the flu. Why the hysteria all the time about people getting sick. Covid is not as bad as it has been made out to be, plain and simple.
Influenza tests have been conducted as noted in the article (142,931 specimens were tested). A lot of people have died from covid that may not have succumbed to a different illness like influenza but the flu could still make a comeback.

Incidentally there is a test that's being used to detect covid, influenza and RSV. There have been a lot of another virus over the winter that's been detected in hospitals.
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

A lot of people who died of covid would have probably died of other causes if covid wasn't a thing.
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bigbacardi wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 11:19 am A lot of people who died of covid would have probably died of other causes if covid wasn't a thing.
Not the person I knew who died of covid and would not have been hospitalized with influenza. You knew that so trolling?
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

Links?
Proof?
That's what I thought, just a lot of blank space.
Anybody can claim that,
Also...are you a dr?
How do you know the flu could not have been fatal to your person?
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bigbacardi wrote: Mar 26th, 2022, 7:18 pm Links?
Proof?
That's what I thought, just a lot of blank space.
Anybody can claim that,
Also...are you a dr?
How do you know the flu could not have been fatal to your person?
What are you talking about? Weird - you get actor's names wrong and expect people should understand you. Not happening.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

:topic:
Flu season hasn't been eliminated yet - the medical community is watching.

Return to “Health”