Volcanoes....

Bigbacardi
Übergod

Re: Volcanoes....

Post by Bigbacardi »

What did it look like before?
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Since there isn’t any residents, I was able to get a satellite view of the small island. A Poster did post a updated satellite view which has Island split into 2 pieces.
9A8A3FAA-A948-495C-9913-DC76FCB555D6.jpeg
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60009944

This link has the best before and after images yet.

Still very little coming out of Tonga and the longer it's taking, the more worrisome it is.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Next up? The Azores, a "real possibility of an eruption" with over 2,000 earthquakes in the last few days.

https://www.reuters.com/business/enviro ... 022-03-24/
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Mt. Etna has a new fissure and it's blasting out lava.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Iceland is preparing for yet another volcanic event. Tens of thousands of earthquakes are occurring at a shallow level and often above a 4.0 on the Richter Scale. And no, the US does not record them, Iceland's geological teams record them. So now the volcano cams are back on in the areas where Bob and Nar were before they stopped after six months of activity.

We await.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 4:13 pm Iceland is preparing for yet another volcanic event. Tens of thousands of earthquakes are occurring at a shallow level and often above a 4.0 on the Richter Scale. And no, the US does not record them, Iceland's geological teams record them. So now the volcano cams are back on in the areas where Bob and Nar were before they stopped after six months of activity.

We await.
In just last 48Hrs
https://en.vedur.is/earthquakes-and-vol ... view=table
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Personally I've been keeping track every couple of hours with various icelandic fb sites run by Icelandic geologists and live cams run by various Icelandic geological centers and media. Right now people are saying heavy smoke is rising out of the ground and magma was less than 5 km below the surface.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's happening! Iceland now has a baby lava fissure! Isn't it cute? :130:

puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

You would think that if the planet is millions of years old,as scientists claim,that the earth would have cooled down enough that there wouldn't be any more volcanoes especially after spewing it's guts out for so long.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

There’s a lot of pressure that yields heat beneath our feet, miles down.

Good thing too, otherwise no recycling of “old” material tto create new landmasses.

There’s more to it than the simple explanation above.

We abide on a planet that isn’t stagnant.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Mauna Loa became active again after over 30 years and now there is a Live Cam!

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote: Dec 3rd, 2022, 5:56 pm Mauna Loa became active again after over 30 years and now there is a Live Cam!

Planet is alive and continues to change.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well it sure changed in the Stromboli area of the Mediterrean today.

BREAKING NEWS STROMBOLI: Tsunami warning after two major landslides occurred on the Sciara of Fire!
Between 15:28 and 16:18 this afternoon, two important landslides occurred on the Stromboli Fire Sciara, in the Aeolian Islands. According to the statement from LGS - Laboratorio Geofisica Sperimentale , the second of the two landslides was the most voluminous and impacting the sea caused the formation of a tsunami whose maximum height reached 1.5 meters triggering a tsunami warning throughout island and turning on the emergency sirens. Such a change in sea level was recorded by both sea bays present off the Fire Axe and managed by LGS, which are useful to trigger a tsunami warning in time. As far as we currently know there has been no news of particular criticalities, we will see if further announcements will be issued to clarify the situation.
Today's activity started at 3:10 PM with a small lava flowing from the crater area north of the volcano causing a small portion to collapse. In conjunction with this frantic movement, along the Sciara del Fuoco a series of pyroclastic flows have formed that are still ongoing and that have impacted at a great speed against the surface of the sea. The crater area has also generated explosive activity that at times proved intense.
UPDATED POST
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Indonesia too. There is actually really good footage on Youtube of the pryoclastic flow

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/399 ... w-eruption

Return to “World”