Kelowna - Now and Then

A potpourri of off-topics.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Kelowna - Now and Then

Post by Fancy »

It was on Lawrence. Ate there often.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I was talking with my husband about the changes I've seen since I came here in '89. Dilworth mall was being built. You could eat at Lena's Pancake house, close to Central Golf Course. He arrived here in '71 - he mostly remembers orchards :biggrin:
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Lady tehMa wrote: Apr 4th, 2022, 7:49 pm I was talking with my husband about the changes I've seen since I came here in '89. Dilworth mall was being built. You could eat at Lena's Pancake house, close to Central Golf Course. He arrived here in '71 - he mostly remembers orchards :biggrin:
Lena’s had 2 locations:
1) in Shell station next Central Golf Course
2) downtown on Bernard next to Town Centre Mall
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Had a house considered "out in the boonies"
Now termed as "Central"

Being able to ride a non street legal dirtbike from home in the stead
of trucking it for a minimum of a half hour.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dscarson

Post by dscarson »

Definitely not the same town anymore. As an 8 year old I moved here with my family from Burnaby in 1979. There was so much to do for kids back then, I started here at a.s matheson. Used to buy hockey cards at sids. Grocery, rode dirt bikes around the back of orchard park when it was small(first phase).as well as where orchard plaza is now . Greyhound bus station came later and burger king didn't exist. But valley fruit stand and burger baron did. Anyone remember the pop shoppe? I cannot complain too much about the changes because those changes have given me a living. I could just go on and on about old Kelowna, the drive in . Does anyone remember those western star truck trains? A brand new western star with 3 trucks piggybacked to the first one, my dad drove those to dealerships all over the USA when I was a kid . One thing I never saw riding around on my BMX bike was homeless people or drug addicts out in the open. Too bad that's not the case now. A great place to grow up for me and my sisters.
Drive an EV, I need your gas.

Return to “Grab Bag”