NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

RupertBear wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 3:32 pm
GordonH wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 12:34 pm Most obviously answer is goaltending lately it stinks, plus maybe the rest of the team isn’t making it as difficult as possible for the other team.
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nh ... 23?cmp=rss
I think if they can improve their goaltending dramatically, add a few quality defencemen and bump up their secondary scoring, they should be a solid fourth place team.
Here is what they have to work with:
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

The downfall of the Oilers (LOVE IT) starts with the moron of an owner.........not a :cuss:ing clue! His hanging onto the past with the likes of Kevin (pylon) Lowe and other leftovers from their heyday to run the show has led to to what they deserve for the last 15 years.

Could care less about McDavid but if I was Draisaitl I would want out NOW.........and since the Nurse's girlfriend thing didn't work out in your favour. One other thing Draisaitl, start playing really bad so your trade value drops bigtime so they get nothing for you..........turn it on again when your time in that :cuss: hole is in your mirrors.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 6:13 pm The downfall of the Oilers (LOVE IT) starts with the idiot of an owner.........not a :cuss:ing clue! His hanging onto the past with the likes of Kevin (pylon) Lowe and other leftovers from their heyday to run the show has led to to what they deserve for the last 15 years.

Could care less about McDavid but if I was Draisaitl I would want out NOW.........and since the Nurse's girlfriend thing didn't work out in your favour. One other thing Draisaitl, start playing really bad so your trade value drops bigtime so they get nothing for you..........turn it on again when your time in that :cuss: hole is in your mirrors.
Kevin Lowe title doesn’t have any thing to do with product on the ice thank goodness (he is Alternate Governor), that’s up to Chairman Bob Nicholson, GM Ken Holland & Head Coach Dave Tippett

btw hopefully they locked Craig MacTavish in broom closet at northlands Coliseum. [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Will we see a Canadian team go deep in the play offs this year. Calgary looks legit, big, fast with solid d and explosive offence. Maybe Johnny shows up to prove everyone wrong about him disappearing in the post season. I'd hold out hope for Toronto if they had better goaltending, but you never know, if Campbell is healthy and hits a hot streak...
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Steve-O wrote: Mar 11th, 2022, 7:29 am Will we see a Canadian team go deep in the play offs this year. Calgary looks legit, big, fast with solid d and explosive offence. Maybe Johnny shows up to prove everyone wrong about him disappearing in the post season. I'd hold out hope for Toronto if they had better goaltending, but you never know, if Campbell is healthy and hits a hot streak...
If only Ken Holland can get his head out of his :swear: and pick up a winning goaltender. If not Edmonton will probably be seller this summer, hell of a lot of good talent on forward line.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

They need more than just a goalie.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Steve-O wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 8:24 am They need more than just a goalie.
Yes, they need someone to kick each player damn hard in the :swear: aka the butt.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Steve-O wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 8:24 am They need more than just a goalie.
Good luck getting past the first round for Edmonton, of course they could be knocked out of playoffs.

Meanwhile Eastern conference top 8 are in the playoffs, were they end up still to be determined... #9 is 15 points back of a wildcard spot.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

FB_IMG_1649135720738.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

FB_IMG_1649604749588.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

What if:
The California Golden Seals (out of Oakland) didn’t trade away their #1 pick for 1971 draft.
Guy Lafleur could have been California Golden Seal :200: and not a Montreal Canadiens.

Thanks for the wonderful memories of hockey in the 70s and RIP Guy Lafleur.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Guy Lafleur, Yvon Cournoyer, Steve Shutt, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey, Guy Lapointe, Jacques Lamaire, Pete Mahovlich, and on and on.

So much talent, so entertaining to watch.

I doubt we'll ever see a power house team like Habs of the '70s.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I turn on Sportsnet and to my surprise I recognize the voice speaking about Guy Lafleur, the play by play HNIC of my young self Dick Irvin (90 years old and sharp as a whip). That voice is very recognizable... every Saturday evening.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It’s looking like Vegas isn’t going to make the playoffs for first time in their franchise. Seattle probably going excellent news, because Vegas was handed playoff team at their expansion draft.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”