Jury Duty

A potpourri of off-topics.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Jury Duty

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Could be an interesting topic, people discussing their experiences with jury duty.

Why now?
I was just summoned for jury selection. Need to show up in a few weeks for what could be a four week trial! :200:
It must be a serious trial if their expectations go that long., but please, I'll call it at 30 days.
Quite likely I'll be picked as many will bow out due to the projected length of the trial.

Beer money:
Daily fees:
First 10 days: $20 a day
11 to 49 days: $60 a day
50 days or more: $100 a day

I was on a murder trial a few years ago. Really interesting but the very first day they hit you with photos of the victim. :200:
The prosecution was basing the evidence on a Mr. Big sting. Yeah, the fool fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

I was summoned one other time but Mexico took priority. :130:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Jury Duty

Post by Catsumi »

Damnit!

All these years I have been hoisting my flag for availability to uphold justice and not ONCE was I ever asked to perform my civic duty

So, how were you approached? Were you doffed in purple or red, maybe yellow? Long or shorn hair coif? Stoned or sober?

Or did they (gasp!) mail you a notice via Canada Post to appear?

These are pressing concerns here bb49, and your speedy reply would be appreciated.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Someone once told me that you can go to the Sheriff's office and have them add your name to a list.
A couple of things though, make sure your criminal record has been absolved, and it's possible the Sheriffs will roll on the floor laughing.
Hey guys, she's volunteering for jury duty. [icon_lol2.gif]

It came today, Canada Post and its going back the same way.

They pay for coffee and tea but no lunch, unless you are sequestered. But if that happens, then there's no internet for you.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

bb49 wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:56 pm Someone once told me that you can go to the Sheriff's office and have them add your name to a list.
A couple of things though, make sure your criminal record has been absolved, and it's possible the Sheriffs will roll on the floor laughing.
Hey guys, she's volunteering for jury duty. [icon_lol2.gif]

It came today, Canada Post and its going back the same way.

They pay for coffee and tea but no lunch, unless you are sequestered. But if that happens, then there's no internet for you.
We all hope you’ll be sequestered (and forcibly silenced).

Snort.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just tell them you support the death penalty for everything.

They will never ask you again. :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Do they go off of tax rolls or what?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Grab Bag”