NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: NHL

Post by Glacier »

279289911_5236779243068023_4840135705219016761_n.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If fans want Lord Stanley’s Mug back north of the border you have 3 choices in this Playoff season:
Toronto Maple Leafs (Harold Ballard ghost)
Calgary Flames (probably best chances)
Edmonton Oilers (dicey goaltendering)

Here is 2022 Playoffs:
Washington at Florida
Boston at Carolina
Tampa Bay at Toronto
Pittsburgh at New York

Nashville at Colorado
Dallas at Calgary
St. Louis at Minnesota
Los Angeles at Edmonton
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote: Apr 29th, 2022, 7:29 pm If fans want Lord Stanley’s Mug back north of the border you have 3 choices in this Playoff season:
Toronto Maple Leafs (Harold Ballard ghost)
Calgary Flames (probably best chances)
Edmonton Oilers (dicey goaltendering)

Here is 2022 Playoffs:
Washington at Florida
Boston at Carolina
Tampa Bay at Toronto
Pittsburgh at New York

Nashville at Colorado
Dallas at Calgary
St. Louis at Minnesota
Los Angeles at Edmonton
i would like to see flames win the cup then oilers
i would love to see the leafs premadonna's gone in the first round just like last year :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/guy-lafle ... -1.5883807
Guy Lafleur lies in state as Montreal Canadiens fans pay respects
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: May 1st, 2022, 4:54 pm https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/guy-lafle ... -1.5883807
Guy Lafleur lies in state as Montreal Canadiens fans pay respects
It’s to bad they didn’t leave the Forum as a skating rink/hockey, Guy never played at Bell Centre. Yes, I know it’s current home of Montreal Canadiens.

Montreal Forum is currently a multiplex cinema building.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Anyone actually watching the playoffs, if so which team are you choosing to win the Cup.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Oilers.

BTW, three NHL goalies played their 15th year with the same club this year. Only four other goalies in hockey history played for a team for longer...
15SEASON NHL4.png
nhlgoalies10plus.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Enjoyed tonight's Edmonton Game. I hope one of the Alberta teams makes it to the finals. Pretty good grind to get there though.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

GordonH wrote: May 4th, 2022, 6:48 pm Anyone actually watching the playoffs, if so which team are you choosing to win the Cup.
Did you know except for last year, the last time a Canadian team was in the finals was eleven years ago when the Canucks lost to Boston? I think they had Burrows and the Sedins back then.

And my rule is never - ever - watch two American teams play against each other in the playoffs (or ever)
so that means I never watched much NHL since 2011.

But now, all of a sudden Edmonton looks like there is hope for Canada.

The weird thing is, LA has players I remember from what seems like decades ago - Kopitar, Swift. And Duncan Keith plays for Edmonton? He lives in Naramata in the summer I heard.

If they lose - that's it. I stop watching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... _champions
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Thinktank wrote: May 6th, 2022, 4:18 pm
GordonH wrote: May 4th, 2022, 6:48 pm Anyone actually watching the playoffs, if so which team are you choosing to win the Cup.
Did you know except for last year, the last time a Canadian team was in the finals was eleven years ago when the Canucks lost to Boston? I think they had Burrows and the Sedins back then.

And my rule is never - ever - watch two American teams play against each other in the playoffs (or ever)
so that means I never watched much NHL since 2011.

But now, all of a sudden Edmonton looks like there is hope for Canada.

The weird thing is, LA has players I remember from what seems like decades ago - Kopitar, Swift. And Duncan Keith plays for Edmonton? He lives in Naramata in the summer I heard.

If they lose - that's it. I stop watching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... _champions
You are aware there is 2 other Canadian based teams in the Playoffs:
Calgary Flames
Toronto Maple Leafs
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Looking at scoreboard the potential of a battle of Alberta is slipping away as Dallas is showing Calgary regular season means nothing in playoffs.
Calgary fans should be getting PO”ed
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

GordonH wrote: May 6th, 2022, 5:41 pm
You are aware there is 2 other Canadian based teams in the Playoffs:
Calgary Flames
Toronto Maple Leafs
:up: :up: :up:
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

GordonH wrote: May 7th, 2022, 9:53 pm Looking at scoreboard the potential of a battle of Alberta is slipping away as Dallas is showing Calgary regular season means nothing in playoffs.
Yes we are. But it's far from over. Flames lose the next game, then I'll be worried.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Nooby wrote: May 8th, 2022, 6:18 am
GordonH wrote: May 7th, 2022, 9:53 pm Looking at scoreboard the potential of a battle of Alberta is slipping away as Dallas is showing Calgary regular season means nothing in playoffs.
Yes we are. But it's far from over. Flames lose the next game, then I'll be worried.
Calgary is out shooting Dallas on net, unfortunately Oettinger is out stopping Markstrom. I suspect Calgary thought they have easier time.

All but 1 series is at 2 to 1, Nashville is having very tough time against Colorado especially without their #1 goalie.

Looking at today’s schedule hockey fans rejoice with full day of hockey. Starting at 9:30am
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Funny how Gordie was the oldest player in the NHL just two years. Zdeno Chara has already beat that by one.
oldestplayersz.png
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”