Bed Bath & Beyond Store (Kelowna)

A potpourri of off-topics.
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond Store (Kelowna)

Post by CrystalCity »

There is a "Planet Fitness" going in by the Canadian Blood Services where the old Sears Home Store used to be. It is supposed to be opening May 18th. Convenient for those condos going up across Dilworth.
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
the_anonymous

Post by the_anonymous »

LORDCO is moving into this location. 👈🏻👈🏻👈🏻
There's some things I'm conservative about. There's some things I'm liberal about.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

CrystalCity wrote: May 4th, 2022, 9:35 am There is a "Planet Fitness" going in by the Canadian Blood Services where the old Sears Home Store used to be. It is supposed to be opening May 18th. Convenient for those condos going up across Dilworth.
Not quite what the webpages says, but close.
Capture.JPG
Capture 2.jpg
Therefore there is a direct line between Blood, Sweat and Tears. Depends upon the route & order taken.

Workout
Eat
Give blood

Give Blood
Eat
Nap at Chapters
Shopping
Coffee
Workout
Call it a day
Bring back the LIKE button.
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

I say "supposed" in case of extraneous circumstances preventing the opening.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

CrystalCity wrote: May 4th, 2022, 4:11 pm I say "supposed" in case of extraneous circumstances preventing the opening.
Okay, I understand.

I can see that they would do well with the area developing the way that it is.
Be great for those that live close by. They have everything they could need within walking distance. They just need a pub.....but I guess Mickie's will have to do.......though, it is a long crawl in the snow.

Fire department is close, 2 major grocery stores, liquor store, lots of take-out-food outlets, bus, banks, Costco, etc.

I picture this are as a mini New York.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Geez.....and just minutes after my last post......

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... tre#367990
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

alanjh595 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 4:43 pm Geez.....and just minutes after my last post......

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... tre#367990
This was mentioned last July here: https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/mas ... th-centre/

If you think it’s traffic nightmare now... just wait.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

alanjh595 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 2:57 pm
Workout
Eat
Give blood

Give Blood
Eat
Nap at Chapters
Shopping
Coffee
Workout
Call it a day

Sounds like a Kelowna trophy wife Tik Tok influencers dream
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Symbonite wrote: May 5th, 2022, 7:10 am
alanjh595 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 2:57 pm
Workout
Eat
Give blood

Give Blood
Eat
Nap at Chapters
Shopping
Coffee
Workout
Call it a day

Sounds like a Kelowna trophy wife Tik Tok influencers dream
[icon_lol2.gif] :up: :biggrin: :up: :biggrin: :up: :biggrin: :up: :biggrin:
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

GordonH wrote: May 4th, 2022, 6:39 pm
This was mentioned last July here: https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/mas ... th-centre/

If you think it’s traffic nightmare now... just wait.
Not necessarily. It's close to bus routes and 2 major grocery stores. I'm actually impressed by how busy the new Costco is inside (long lines at the tills) yet I can easily find parking.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I can't believe people come on here and state that ANOTHER, :cuss: ing workout gym is such a great thing. Decades ago a gym was primarily strength building and slowly grew into what we see today........and here, filled with some of Kelowna's most anal, rude, disgusting and self-absorbed people on earth. If your there to try and "hook up" you may meet better at a strip bar.

.........and by the way, the "gym/workout" industry has a huge history of being run by scumbags for a quick buck then fold although it may have cleaned itself up today but I still don't trust them.
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

lesliepaul wrote: May 5th, 2022, 12:12 pm I can't believe people come on here and state that ANOTHER, :cuss: ing workout gym is such a great thing. Decades ago a gym was primarily strength building and slowly grew into what we see today........and here, filled with some of Kelowna's most anal, rude, disgusting and self-absorbed people on earth. If your there to try and "hook up" you may meet better at a strip bar.

.........and by the way, the "gym/workout" industry has a huge history of being run by scumbags for a quick buck then fold although it may have cleaned itself up today but I still don't trust them.
I'm pretty sure that the posters are being facetious. If anything, I'm surprised by the number of business that cater to a certain clientele in the valley. Are people really that vain here? :admin: Too many who watch "reality" TV? It reminds me of this SNL skit:

Vocal fry and all.
ash71
Board Meister

Post by ash71 »

lesliepaul wrote: May 5th, 2022, 12:12 pm I can't believe people come on here and state that ANOTHER, :cuss: ing workout gym is such a great thing. Decades ago a gym was primarily strength building and slowly grew into what we see today........and here, filled with some of Kelowna's most anal, rude, disgusting and self-absorbed people on earth. If your there to try and "hook up" you may meet better at a strip bar.

Wow...some major bitterness toward gyms! Or is it just health in general? What would you rather have? Another dollar store selling cheap crap from 3rd world countries? Another restaurant that's destined to fail? Or another big box store profiting the Weston's of the world?
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

"Local" gyms don't necessarily contribute to better health. While exercise is important, it can easily be done out in the fresh air, or even in the comfort and privacy of one's own home. Furthermore, one can't exercise their way out of a bad diet or medical precondition. Thanks, but I'd rather take lessons from the municipal rec centres, than a private chain gym.

Please, "another dollar store selling things from 3rd world countries?" Where do you think the gym equipment is made? Where do you think the soy powder in the smoothies sold by the gyms came from? The bananas? The açai?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

CrystalCity wrote: May 6th, 2022, 1:43 pm "Local" gyms don't necessarily contribute to better health. While exercise is important, it can easily be done out in the fresh air, or even in the comfort and privacy of one's own home. Furthermore, one can't exercise their way out of a bad diet or medical precondition. Thanks, but I'd rather take lessons from the municipal rec centres, than a private chain gym.

Please, "another dollar store selling things from 3rd world countries?" Where do you think the gym equipment is made? Where do you think the soy powder in the smoothies sold by the gyms came from? The bananas? The açai?
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Return to “Grab Bag”