Ukraine war/President/news

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Queen K »

I keep telling myself it's a paid gig. Gotta be a paid gig.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Alien Head Dude wrote: May 8th, 2022, 12:11 pm People who make excuses for the commission of atrocities and war crimes have to be some of the lowest among us. The Putin apologists here are absolutely grotesque and perverse.
:smt045
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The battle for snake island has heated up again over the last few days.

Interesting to watch, so I'll pass along some highlights...

Turns out Ukraine's air force is alive and functioning well...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1523327151193403393

In fact, things are going so bad for the Russian's on the island, that they released this video and attempted to say this was a Ukrainian Helicopter being struck by a Russian drone. One problem, Russian's don't run the beloved Bayraktar and this is definitely that. [icon_lol2.gif]

All the usual cautions... this video might not be for everyone!

If you look closely at the satellite image, you should see the letter "Z" painted (red circle on the right), suggesting a loss of communications and the survivors on the island sending a message out to the world. The effort to reinforce them isn't going all that well...

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

BC Landlord wrote: May 8th, 2022, 11:54 am
Silverstarqueen wrote: May 8th, 2022, 11:24 am
They bombed a school being used as a shelter. So that makes it okay?
Right, a shelter for howitzers and their crews
Estimated 60 people died.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

[icon_lol2.gif]

Russian's just tuning in to the Victory Day parade appear to have just been slapped with something real.

Even on RUSSIA ONE!

"Your hands are covered in blood from deaths of thousands of Ukrainians and their children."

Every. Single. Channel...

"Blood is on your hands."

:hailjo: :130:
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Doh! And now, Rutube.ru is 502, completely off-line!

How am I going to be informed with the truth now?

:130:
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Oh Gawd, we're in this now... there's some serious gamer's playing up late tonight and the tango list is long.

I'm going to be surprised if Russian's aren't listening to the Russian translated "Ram Ranch", by Grant McDonald, before this afternoon is over. (And yes, I'm sorry to report there is such a thing, and even sorrier to report I've heard it.)

I just caught wind of what's going on here. Epic... this should be good, great, awesome - or, cause the world to end. We'll see.

[icon_lol2.gif]

I'm watching three different screens and the closed caption translations are different on each of them.

Here's an example;
Untitled-3.jpg
Say what you will about Western media, but they did have the "decency" to cut the closed caption feeds, once they realized what was going on.

Update from the ground: The airshow has been cancelled due to weather? Huh? The weather looks fine, but that's the story and they're sticking to it.

Final update: It's over.

If you're reading this, it means the world is still spinning and nothing happened. Putin can go back underground and unclench his fists now. (Okay, probably not the right one, but I'm sure his doctor has that all under control)

Defense Minister, General Sergei Shoigu can take off all those medals he's earned, by never serving a single day in the Russian Military, and go back to shaking hands and nodding yes.

That was worth saying up for. I'm sure you'll hear bits of it, but the western media has too much class and dignity, to tell you the full story. There were some laughs along the way.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

My Russian is a little rusty, wish I could translate the Russian news.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Where oh Where are our Trio of Russian Comrades to defend Putin's BIG DAY? [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Queen K wrote: May 9th, 2022, 8:59 am Where oh Where are our Trio of Russian Comrades to defend Putin's BIG DAY? [icon_lol2.gif]
I thought the doctors did a good job of putting Humpty Dumpty together again for his big day. Painkillers and cocaine probably help a lot. A little weakness still in that right arm.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Queen K wrote: May 9th, 2022, 8:59 am Where oh Where are our Trio of Russian Comrades to defend Putin's BIG DAY? [icon_lol2.gif]
It’s not “Putin’s Day”. The Victory Day celebrates the end of WW2. Russia (Soviets then) played a crucial role in defeating Nazi Germany. And that’s something for the whole world to celebrate. They were fighting Nazis back then, and they are fighting them nowadays. The fact that they had to do it again is sad.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

BC Landlord wrote: May 9th, 2022, 10:22 am
It’s not “Putin’s Day”. The Victory Day celebrates the end of WW2. Russia (Soviets then) played a crucial role in defeating Nazi Germany. And that’s something for the whole world to celebrate. They were fighting Nazis back then, and they are fighting them nowadays. The fact that they had to do it again is sad.
But Putin didn't say much in his speeches about how this war against nazis is going for his soldiers, how many won't be returning home, how many injured, how many tanks and ships lost in the Great "Not a War Really". He didn't mention the Ukrainian civilians being bombed and killed while he's "liberating " them. He didn't mention the many many sanctions against Russia because the rest of the world is horrified at what he is doing to Ukraine. Wouldn't this have been a good time to bring Russians up to speed on how he's performing in thie war.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Obvious you weren't allowed to stay up late last night and watch.

Yes, in theory what you're saying is all well and good, however, yesterday was Putin's Day. In front of the few remaining WWII survivors he rambled on about NATO and used the occasion to justify his war in Ukraine. There wasn't even an acknowledgement of the soldiers being lost in Ukraine today. Yep, just like you, he used the occasion to make the foolish assertion about fighting Nazis in Ukraine.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Silverstarqueen wrote: May 9th, 2022, 11:06 amWouldn't this have been a good time to bring Russians up to speed on how he's performing in thie war.
Pretty sure that Russian people are better informed on these topics than you. They know all about what happened in Ukraine over the last 30 years while you know nothing about it, they know about what happened in 2014, they know about the war that Ukraine has been waging for eight years on the Russian civilian population, and they know all about sanctions - as they lived under them for the majority of their lives. So, pretty sure they're set.

And you don't even know what they're celebrating today, yet think they're not informed lol. Ignorance galore.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Wasn't the Russian's allies with Hitlerer in the beginning of the war?......that is until Hitler and the Nazi turned on the Russians. It was sad, the Russian didn't know a friend from a foe back then just like now.

Return to “World”