Gun Control

puterbrother
Board Meister

Re: Gun Control

Post by puterbrother »

dorf007 wrote: May 8th, 2022, 3:56 pm There is no bigger environmentalist/lover of animals then a hunter.
How can someone who kills animals with a gun be an animal lover?
[/quote]

Hunters were the first environmentalists and YES we do love animals !
Perhaps you have heard of Teddy Roosevelt or Ulysses S Grant?
Both were presidents of the USA, war veterans, and hunters.
Grant created the first national park.....Yellowstone.
Roosevelt created 150 national forests, 51 federal bird reserves, four national game preserves, five national parks and 18 national monuments on over 230 million acres of public land.
Here is a interesting stat...

In 2018, over 5.685 million Canadians participated in hunting, fishing, trapping, or shooting sports, resulting
in:
o $18.9 billion in direct spending in Canada;
o $13.2 billion to Canada’s gross domestic product – 0.6% of the Canadian economy;
o Support for nearly 107,000 Canadian jobs, and labour income estimated at $6.4 billion; and
o $6.1 billion in federal and provincial government revenues.

Are hunters the largest contributors to conservation...
The 10 largest non-profit conservation organizations contribute $2.5 billion annually to habitat and wildlife conservation.

Now, let me ask you a simple question...how much do YOU contribute to wildlife and environmental conservation ?
[/quote]
Nicely done buddy ! CCFR and BCWF lives !
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

VaxisSafe wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 2:22 pm
The Green Barbarian wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 1:24 pm

Once again, missing the point. Hunters and farmers are the same in how much they care about the sustainability of their supply.
And yet the point still remains that vegetable farmers aren’t shooting things with guns so…

My uncle owned a farm and never had a gun and shot animals.
Agriculture is the single largest form of habitat alienation that negatively affects wildlife.

It appears your family killed more animals by destroying their native habitat than anyone who sustainably harvested a deer to feed his family organic, free range food.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

VaxisSafe wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 2:22 pm

And yet the point still remains that vegetable farmers aren’t shooting things with guns so…

My uncle owned a farm and never had a gun and shot animals.
If your uncle had an actual farm he would have had a gun, 100%.

On the farm shooting Coyotes, Beavers, Bears, Wolves, and Foxes that would kill livestock, ruin the Saddles, and flood fields were very common. Hell, I've shot a few Beavers and Coyotes myself when out plowing the fields when I was only 13.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Despite promising over and over again that he would NEVER do it, Justin Trudeau has just introduced a new long gun registry to harass law-abiding farmers and duck hunters.

You'd think the Liberals had learned their lesson last time they did this. But nope, gotta virtue signal and vilify a farmer while simultaneously reducing sentences on gun smugglers and armed robbers.

CCFR wrote:In a press conference this morning Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino confirmed the new long-gun registry is coming. These measures come into effect on 18 May 2022, and stem from Bill C-71 legislation which became law in 2019.
Canadians are once again subjected to expensive and ineffective measures to further regulate licensed, legal gun owners, while the Liberal government turns a blind eye to the very real and increasing street crime being committed by criminals with illicitly smuggled guns.

Since the election campaign back in 2015, the Trudeau Liberals have vowed not to reintroduce a long gun registry due to the massive expense and its failure to prevent or solve a single violent crime. Today they broke that promise by re-introducing a registration process for the sale of non-restricted firearms and a requirement of gun stores to retain records for 20 years. Not only are these measures ineffective at reducing crime, they put licensed gun owners in direct danger due to the sharing of their private information. This reckless policy will undoubtedly lead to an increase in fraud, break-ins and theft.

The Liberals have gone a step further by allowing law enforcement the ability to determine their own “reasonable circumstances” to access these highly sensitive and personal records. There is no warrant requirement for law enforcement to request these records from firearms retailers and businesses.

snip

In Mendicino’s statement, he makes several false statements and protests those who would call the Liberals latest regulation a “registry”. He does this while describing an obvious registry run by a Registrar.

Canadians know, and the evidence is clear, registries, gun bans and record keeping do not reduce crime and violence. We need real solutions in our communities and this government refuses to act.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Justin says it's not a registry, but his registrar keeps the records of all firearms sales, including make, model, serial number, and all other data pertaining to a non-restricted firearm sale to a duck hunter or farmer, including the duck hunter/farmer's name, address, etc.

reg·is·trar
/ˈrejəˌsträr/

noun
an official responsible for keeping a register or official records.
Effective May 18, individuals and businesses transferring or selling a non-restricted firearm will need to confirm the recipient’s identity and check the validity of their firearms licence with the registrar beforehand, providing the recipient’s licence number and any other information requested.

In addition, businesses must now keep records of inventory and sales related to non-restricted firearms.

The Conservatives swiftly accused the Liberals of reviving the national long-gun registry created by the Liberals in the 1990s and abolished by Stephen Harper's Tory government.

“Justin Trudeau said he would never enact a long-gun registry and today he is breaking that promise to Canadians by passing off the responsibility to maintain a registry to retailers who sell firearms to lawful and properly licensed Canadians," the Conservatives said in a statement.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Gone_Fishin wrote: May 11th, 2022, 12:26 pm Despite promising over and over again that he would NEVER do it, Justin Trudeau has just introduced a new long gun registry to harass law-abiding farmers and duck hunters.

You'd think the Liberals had learned their lesson last time they did this. But nope, gotta virtue signal and vilify a farmer while simultaneously reducing sentences on gun smugglers and armed robbers.
Can't pass up a chance to virtue-signal to the total dumb dumbs out there who think that this somehow is a good thing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I say, turn the duck hunters loose.

Fire away at oppressive gov’t mandates.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Catsumi wrote: May 11th, 2022, 6:56 pm I say, turn the duck hunters loose.

Agreed .. a gun registry has been tried by Lib Tards before and failed ..

I guess they just can't learn anything ..

Open fire .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

MAPearce wrote: May 11th, 2022, 7:06 pm
Catsumi wrote: May 11th, 2022, 6:56 pm I say, turn the duck hunters loose.

Open fire .
They can't even hit the target. The target is criminals, and they just can't get it through their heads. They continue to persecute law abiding citizens and lower gun crime sentence for criminals.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

What has me worried about this new law is the fact that this information of names, addresses and firearms will likely fall into the wrong hands. If businesses are to keep records of sales with all these details, how do we know the information is secure?

If it is kept in a ledger or on a computer database at the store, who has access to it? Will this information be protected? Will those people involved be checked out and vetted? What if they have ties to organized crime? What if the computer gets hacked? Even the RCMP admitted their firearms database for the registry was hacked into over 400 times. Suddenly there is a shopping list available for break and enters or home invasions by the criminal element.

The Liberals and their anti-gun cohorts keep saying that legal guns are stolen and used in crimes. How is this helping that? Anonymity give protection and security. We would not want lists of valuables such as jewelry and cash that people keep at home published anywhere.

Yet another foolhardy attempt to appease those who hate guns and want revenge for mass killings. It is said that "Revenge is like a virus waiting to be unleashed. When you seek her…the outcome is never what you hoped for. Even though the taste of revenge may be sweet for a second or two, the everlasting effects are purely bitter.

No matter our place in life, revenge is trying to be a part of it. Everyday someone does something to us and let’s be honest, our natural tendency is to repay evil with evil. It is apart of who we are."

So this vengeful act towards legal gun owners will not lead to anything good. Very sad.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

mikest2 wrote: May 11th, 2022, 7:16 pm
MAPearce wrote: May 11th, 2022, 7:06 pm

Open fire .
They can't even hit the target. The target is criminals, and they just can't get it through their heads. They continue to persecute law abiding citizens and lower gun crime sentence for criminals.
YEUP ... Virtue signaling is what Lib Tards do best ..

Vilify a farmer in a remote community who needs police help but can't get it because it's an hour away because he shoots some drunken THUGS robbing him and his family with a LEGAL and registered fire arm but dismiss the fact that a criminal with an illegal one pointed first ...

Sad part is , People bought it ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Post by Mark5 » 9 minutes ago

What has me worried about this new law is the fact that this information of names, addresses and firearms will likely fall into the wrong hands. If businesses are to keep records of sales with all these details, how do we know the information is secure?
Ask any Dutchman born before 1933 about "gun control" born from the lies of "govt's" promises of safety ...
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

I feel for you trucker....don't blame the Liberals, blame the few bad apples that wreck things for the majority of the responsible owners. That happens all the time, not just guns.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

A look at some of the deadliest mass killings in Canada since the 1970s

https://globalnews.ca/news/6840650/mass ... gs-canada/
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

foenix wrote: May 12th, 2022, 12:27 pm A look at some of the deadliest mass killings in Canada since the 1970s

https://globalnews.ca/news/6840650/mass ... gs-canada/
Better ban all vans. Especially those capable of killing the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time.

April 23, 2018: Alek Minassian drives a white van along a crowded Toronto sidewalk, killing 10 people and seriously injuring 16 others.

Minassian later admits in court to carrying out the attack in retribution for years of sexual rejection and ridicule by women. He’s awaiting trial on 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 of attempted murder.

The judge has said the case will turn on Minassian’s state of mind at the time of the attack, not whether he did it.
Better ban gasoline.
Sept. 1, 1972: An arson attack on a downtown Montreal night club kills 37 people and injures 64. Gasoline was spread on the stairway of the Blue Bird Cafe and then ignited.
Better ban bombs. Oh wait, they're already banned. Better ban unions then, they killed these people.
Sept. 18, 1992: A bomb kills nine strike-breaking workers at the Giant Yellowknife gold mine in the Northwest Territories.
Better ban knives. Especially sharp ones.
April 15, 2014: In Calgary’s worst mass killing, five young people were attacked and stabbed at a house party. Matthew de Grood was declared not criminally responsible (NCR) for the killings. It was determined de Grood was mentally ill at the time of the fatal stabbings and unable to understand his actions were morally wrong.
Better ban smuggled, illegal firearms that Wortman used. Trudeau just reduced sentences for smuggling guns into Canada, but I'm sure he has good reasons to let murderers and gun smugglers off the hook - maybe they all vote for him.
April 19, 2020: 17 people are dead, including the gunman, after a man who at one point wore a police uniform and drove a mock-up cruiser travelled across northern Nova Scotia.
Last edited by Gone_Fishin on May 12th, 2022, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Canada”