Ukraine war/President/news

PoplarSoul
Guru

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by PoplarSoul »

Drip_Torch wrote: May 10th, 2022, 1:00 am There's one of you born every minute.
There is nothing you can do for them.
It all started when Trump sided with despot Vladimir Putin over his own US intelligence, back in Helsinki.
You love Trump, you love war criminal Vladimir Putin.

Back to the news:
Bodies of 44 civilians have been found in the rubble of a collapsed building in the Ukrainian city of Izyum as the battle for control of the area rages.

As troops tried to advance, they fired directly at the building where the bodies have now been retrieved.

Rescuers only been able to reach it now because the apartment block was in an occupied area of the city.
Those who have escaped Izyum have told of living in basements for months and seeing dead bodies in the streets. Communication with those still inside the city has been cut off.

"There is no city centre anymore. It was so nice there before. All the tall buildings are destroyed," a woman who gave her name as Elena told the BBC.

"There was no single day without shelling," she said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61396800
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
+++
Banned

Post by +++ »

PoplarSoul wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:31 am
Back to the news:
Bodies of 44 civilians have been found in the rubble of a collapsed building in the Ukrainian city of Izyum as the battle for control of the area rages.
Now link something about Ukraine shelling Donbas!

Oh wait, the news didn't tell you about it???

They didn't say that was genocide???

I wonder why!
Last edited by +++ on May 10th, 2022, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

PoplarSoul wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:31 am It all started when Trump sided with despot Vladimir Putin over his own US intelligence, back in Helsinki.
You love Trump, you love war criminal Vladimir Putin.
If those two were buddies, then how do you explain that Putin didn’t start the military operation during Trump’s presidency, instead of Biden’s?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

seewood wrote: May 10th, 2022, 7:57 am
Silly nonsense, wear a skull and cross bones, must be a Nazi... :135:
Yes, wear a specific patch of a specific WW2 Nazi unit- you are a Nazi. Or a Nazi lover if you defend them so much :130: :smt045
+++
Banned

Post by +++ »

Even Steven wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:43 am
seewood wrote: May 10th, 2022, 7:57 am
Silly nonsense, wear a skull and cross bones, must be a Nazi... :135:
Yes, wear a specific patch of a specific WW2 Nazi unit- you are a Nazi. Or a Nazi lover if you defend them so much :130: :smt045
Hey!!! I fly the SS, I fly the swastika, and I wear skull biker masks on omegle when im being racist and calling Russia a jewish asset!

What do you mean I'm a nazi????????
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Indian influencer ER Yamini has never tweeted in her life - she prefers to cultivate her big fan bases on Instagram and YouTube.

But in early March, a Twitter account using her picture tweeted: "#IStandWithPutin. True Friendship" accompanied by a video showing two men hugging - one representing India, the other, Russia.

Yamini says she doesn't support either country in the Russia-Ukraine war, and worries about her fans.

"If they see that tweet, what will they think about me?" she asks, "I wish they wouldn't use my photo on that profile."

The fake account is part of a network promoting Russian president Vladimir Putin on Twitter, which used the hashtags #IStandWithPutin and #IStandWithRussia on 2 and 3 March. This led to trending topics in different regions - particularly in the global south, apparently showing support for the war, in countries including India, Pakistan, South Africa and Nigeria.

The BBC investigated hundreds of these seemingly inauthentic profiles. Our research confirms Mr Miller's thinking - they try to pass as genuine, but in fact are fake.
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-61351342
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Ukraine Russia war NEWS :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 10th, 2022, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 10th, 2022, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Being reported on the telly right now both Sweden and Finland are on the verge of asking to be a member of NATO.

Wonder if that will raise Poo-tin's blood pressure enough he blows a gasket? :biggrin:

Bummer having all those nasty reactionary forces that have absolutely no desire to expand their territory, parked on Poo-tin's doorstep who does apparently have expansionary ambitions.

reign in your ambitions Poo-tin, you have the absolute horrible label as starting ww3 if you start attacking other sovereign nations.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Aren't hypersonic missiles illegal? Right, Russia cares.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ru ... vi-AAX6aFv
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

seewood wrote: May 10th, 2022, 10:46 am Being reported on the telly right now both Sweden and Finland are on the verge of asking to be a member of NATO.

Wonder if that will raise Poo-tin's blood pressure enough he blows a gasket? :biggrin:

Bummer having all those nasty reactionary forces that have absolutely no desire to expand their territory, parked on Poo-tin's doorstep who does apparently have expansionary ambitions.

reign in your ambitions Poo-tin, you have the absolute horrible label as starting ww3 if you start attacking other sovereign nations.
I hear Poland will be asking as well. I guess Putin didn't see those consequence when he invaded Ukraine this time. I'm thinking, Putin thought it was going to be the same scenario as when he "liberated" Crimea.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Yep, that's the whole post. [icon_lol2.gif]
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Queen K wrote: May 10th, 2022, 11:50 am Aren't hypersonic missiles illegal? Right, Russia cares.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ru ... vi-AAX6aFv
No, they're not. You don't even know it. Yet have a very strong opinion on it - "Bad Russia is using illegal hypersonic weapons! Boo!". That's called ignorance :smt045
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh GAWD, ya think? Just remove him and his henchmen already. And Belarus is moving troops to their border, whowouldthunk they'd move in?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/10/politics ... index.html
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “World”