Major Fire in Penticton this morning

twobits
Guru

Re: Major Fire in Penticton this morning

Post by twobits »

I am concerned that officials like Eby are going to force a vigilante mentality to take back peoples sense of safety and security. Quite clearly paying millions to purchase and renovate motel/hotel properties has done little more than concentrate obvious high crime rate areas in a very distinct radius around these social experiment housing facilities.
Perhaps these millions of dollars would be better spent by purchasing all of the oil and gas field housing that leftists have shut down and house these Cretans in remote areas where they cannot access actual working peoples properties with their stolen bicycles to run rampant and with no response from the RCMP even when caught on video. The poop is going to hit the fan here because citizens are getting absolutely getting fed up with being victims without any recourse except an RCMP member business card with a file number written on it accompanied with the instruction to "contact your insurance adjuster".
Great advice....except a claim for the 1000 dollar theft (less the 500 deductible for a net insurance payment of 500) is going to give you a 10% increase in your insurance for the next five years because you are no longer claims free.
A baseball bat and an unwritten understanding among witnesses will become more effective message with the crack head thieves.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

twobits wrote: May 12th, 2022, 6:53 pm I am concerned that officials like Eby are going to force a vigilante mentality to take back peoples sense of safety and security. Quite clearly paying millions to purchase and renovate motel/hotel properties has done little more than concentrate obvious high crime rate areas in a very distinct radius around these social experiment housing facilities.
Perhaps these millions of dollars would be better spent by purchasing all of the oil and gas field housing that leftists have shut down and house these Cretans in remote areas where they cannot access actual working peoples properties with their stolen bicycles to run rampant and with no response from the RCMP even when caught on video. The poop is going to hit the fan here because citizens are getting absolutely getting fed up with being victims without any recourse except an RCMP member business card with a file number written on it accompanied with the instruction to "contact your insurance adjuster".
Great advice....except a claim for the 1000 dollar theft (less the 500 deductible for a net insurance payment of 500) is going to give you a 10% increase in your insurance for the next five years because you are no longer claims free.
A baseball bat and an unwritten understanding among witnesses will become more effective message with the crack head thieves.
I miss the like button, I will do this instead. :up: :up:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

twobits wrote: May 12th, 2022, 6:53 pm I am concerned that officials like Eby are going to force a vigilante mentality to take back peoples sense of safety and security. Quite clearly paying millions to purchase and renovate motel/hotel properties has done little more than concentrate obvious high crime rate areas in a very distinct radius around these social experiment housing facilities.
100% correct, they tell us to call the cops when needed, people do then the cops let these junkies go because they are b s marginalized . no point in calling the cops anymore when are courts let these guys walk, i know too many people that are done calling the rcmp. if you know what i mean, are city leaders are useless
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote: May 12th, 2022, 7:01 pm
are current pc culture is not ok with the like button
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Twobits nailed it.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

:up: :up: :up: :up:
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

the truth wrote: May 12th, 2022, 7:04 pm
GordonH wrote: May 12th, 2022, 7:01 pm

are current pc culture is not ok with the like button
:up: :up: :up: :up:
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

7 figure loss.
And the criminals will have slaps on the wrist, guaranteed! :swear:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... rship-fire
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

JagXKR wrote: May 18th, 2022, 11:25 am 7 figure loss.
And the criminals will have slaps on the wrist, guaranteed! :swear:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... rship-fire
I wonder if those 2 took part in the survey?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ing#369312
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I'm looking at the comments that are hinting towards supportive housing residents and homeless people might have played a part in setting the fire. Is there more than just speculation here, like something more than rumour ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Is there something that does NOT support this speculation? Are you saying it wasn't? I guess your rumor is better than ours? :135:
Since this is NOT a courtroom, then speculation is all we have and the most likely scenario is the adage of the duck.
Walks like, quacks like, is a.
The speed of the arrest is the biggest smoking gun. Time of incident is also paramount.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JagXKR wrote: May 19th, 2022, 12:17 pm Is there something that does NOT support this speculation? Are you saying it wasn't? I guess your rumor is better than ours? :135:
Since this is NOT a courtroom, then speculation is all we have and the most likely scenario is the adage of the duck.
Walks like, quacks like, is a.
The speed of the arrest is the biggest smoking gun. Time of incident is also paramount.
exactly.
Butcher1973
Board Meister

Post by Butcher1973 »

I find it interesting that less that a week prior two trucks at Burnco burned up. I have yet to hear what the cause of that fire was. It struck me as odd at the time that the tires of both trucks were already ablaze before the firetrucks arrived. If it was an electrical fire started by one truck I wouldn't have thought both trucks would be so engulfed.

Add to that the story posted today on Castanet of the woman and children on Argyle in Penticton having had two fires outside her house in a pretty short amount of time.

Lets not forget the exploding and burning house on the beach not long before that.

Oliver has had quite a number of suspicious fires recently as well.

If memory serves, the Toyota Dealership was being hit by pretty hard by crime during their renovations. I think at one point the outhouse was burned.

Too many fires IMHO.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Butcher1973 wrote: May 19th, 2022, 12:39 pm I find it interesting that less that a week prior two trucks at Burnco burned up. I have yet to hear what the cause of that fire was. It struck me as odd at the time that the tires of both trucks were already ablaze before the firetrucks arrived. If it was an electrical fire started by one truck I wouldn't have thought both trucks would be so engulfed.

Add to that the story posted today on Castanet of the woman and children on Argyle in Penticton having had two fires outside her house in a pretty short amount of time.

Lets not forget the exploding and burning house on the beach not long before that.

Oliver has had quite a number of suspicious fires recently as well.

If memory serves, the Toyota Dealership was being hit by pretty hard by crime during their renovations. I think at one point the outhouse was burned.

Too many fires IMHO.
I personally think this one was convenient. I mean the place was listed for 2.7 million and had no takers. The owners specifically kept it out of Heritage status to ensure if something happened it did not have to be rebuilt to Heritage status.
There is no demolish costs anymore. And they are insured so the settlement will help build the inevitable giant 4 plex / townhome development.
Gas left on, and no one home or hurt. Perfect! Couldn't have been any better.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I was just asking if anyone had an actual source.

The first thing that came to my mind was disgruntled ex-employees, but I have no basis for that either.

If the bike path had made down that far by now we'd know for sure, right ? :biggrin:
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “South Okanagan”