Nuclear War

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Nuclear War

Post by alanjh595 »

PoplarSoul wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 9:46 am
Drip_Torch wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 6:20 am If I were a betting man, I'd say if it is going to happen (Really don't think it will) it will go down between 4:00 am and 1:00 pm (our time) tomorrow. Again, don't think it's going to happen, but the biggest bang for the buck would be during those hours.
If I were a betting woman, I'd say you're right it will not happen.
Despot Vladimir Putin is bluffing like all bullies are.
I agree, I wonder if his nukes are still functional after all these years.
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jlabute wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 10:19 am
Queen K wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 9:59 am Beat me to April 1. Then I must take April 2. "This is no joke."
You never know, they could chose "earth hour", March 26th, after everyone turns off their computers and lights.
They won't turn off their "smart phones", they will wait out the hour to recharge. 3/4 of the Ukraine are without power anyways.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

jessebooker wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 11:07 am Putin is not bluffing.
Putin IS bluffing. If he fires off just 1 missile, his life is over.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 4:32 pm
alanjh595 wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 3:05 pm

Putin IS bluffing. If he fires off just 1 missile, his life is over.
If your thinking NATO can do something about it they can't if it is confined to Russia / Ukraine. Same situation with a no fly zone. Sure NATO can try but I don't think NATO/ US is prepared to lose new York or Chicago or London or Brussels or all and more for Kiev
i am thinking that the western world has the ability to take down a nuke before it re-entered the airspace.

Russia KNOWS that if they fire just ONE ICBM The USA would fire everything it had back at them.
Does Russia have the same ability to protect itself? I doubt it, they are losing their tanks and personnel at 50-1 to a bunch of civilians with guns that they just bought last week.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

alanjh595 wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 3:05 pm Putin IS bluffing. If he fires off just 1 missile, his life is over.
No one is firing any nukes. However, they are all capable.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Nuclear warheads worldwide:

USA
France
UK
India
Israel
Totals 6,311

Russia
China
Pakistan
North Korea
Totals 6,810
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote: May 21st, 2022, 11:53 pm
normaM wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 9:17 am it would be in the am
They dropped the bomb above Hiroshima at 8:15 am
And Nagasaki was morning. Had to be before clouds form over the target. Dropping bombs was a visual thing those days.
Nuclear bombs can be within 50 miles of the target and still be very effective.
More powerful than the one used at Hiroshima, the bomb weighed nearly 10,000 pounds and was built to produce a 22-kiloton blast. The topography of Nagasaki, which was nestled in narrow valleys between mountains, reduced the bomb's effect, limiting the destruction to 2.6 square miles.
How much area can a nuclear bomb destroy?
The volume the weapon's energy spreads into varies as the cube of the distance, but the destroyed area varies at the square of the distance. Thus 1 bomb with a yield of 1 megaton would destroy 80 square miles. While 8 bombs, each with a yield of 125 kilotons, would destroy 160 square miles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_o ... 20of%20TNT.
“Fat Man,” on August 11 in the event of such recalcitrance, but bad weather expected for that day pushed the date up to August 9th. So at 1:56 a.m., a specially adapted B-29 bomber

The bomb was dropped at 11:02 a.m., 1,650 feet above the city. The explosion unleashed the equivalent force of 22,000 tons of TNT.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... n-nagasaki
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I really wonder if this threat Putin keeps using is actually something he would do or is he just blowing smoke. Knowing the current world leaders are a bunch of cowards, it’s working.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

GordonH wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 6:41 am I really wonder if this threat Putin keeps using is actually something he would do or is he just blowing smoke. Knowing the current world leaders are a bunch of cowards, it’s working.
Hope he succumbs to his precepted cancer before he really considers going nuclear.

Then again, maybe he has nothing to loose and will leave with a legacy of the most insane madman earth has ever created.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:55 am ^^^ in response to Alan's post....good thing no one deploys very high yield weapons anymore like in the cold war. As of 2022, China has the worlds highest yield warheads at 5 mt on the DF5, but it's thought that as few as 5 are deployed
Why drop one BIG one when many smaller ones are more efficient?
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

alanjh595 wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 10:19 am
oldtrucker wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:55 am ^^^ in response to Alan's post....good thing no one deploys very high yield weapons anymore like in the cold war. As of 2022, China has the worlds highest yield warheads at 5 mt on the DF5, but it's thought that as few as 5 are deployed
No one needs to drop anything, anymore. The supply-chain breaks are working perfectly. :-X
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 4:12 pm
alanjh595 wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 10:19 am

Exactly. Putin isn't bullbleeping when he says 1 rs28 Sarmat ICBM can take out a entire region. At 5.5 to 5.9 mt per ton of throw weight, and with a 10+ ton RV bus, the rs 28 could theoretically carry a single 50mt warhead, or more likely 20( if not limited by treaty), 10 kiloton to 2 megaton Avangard HGV's plus decoys. Could cover a large metro area like New York or spread out missile silos like Malmstrom AFB. Being land based
( and most likely a very short lifetime of probably less than 25 minutes), they would be used for high value targets that require high accuracy like missile silos. Soft large area targets like cities are left for lower accuracy sub launched ICBMs
Where did you get those figures from?
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

I think if they were it would be a tactical nuke on some isolated base, far from a population centre. And on Ukrainian territory. Enough to escalate, but not where the West is compelled to respond.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

I'd like to think the human race has learned from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I've been to Hiroshima and likewise the Peace Memorial Museum there and to say it was an eye opener (I was between grade 11 and 12 at the time) would be an understatement. :200:

In that museum they have a section of wall bleached white except for a shadow. An outline of a person. The amount of artwork depicting what the survivors went through my god. There's a river that goes through Hiroshima where survivors, flesh hanging off their bodies migrated towards to sooth their burns. A river of bodies...
Last edited by MCB on May 23rd, 2022, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

MCB wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 4:38 pm I'd like to think the human race has learned from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I've been to Hiroshima and likewise the Peace Memorial Museum there and to say it was an eye opener (I was between grade 11 and 12 at the time) would be an understatement. :200:
Looney tune dictator in Putin... enough said.

Return to “World”