Nuclear War

MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Nuclear War

Post by MCB »

I'm not so sure. Putin could nuke Kiev much akin to how the US dropped atomic bombs on Japan to end the war yet he hasn't.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

MCB wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 4:47 pm I'm not so sure. Putin could nuke Kiev much akin to how the US dropped atomic bombs on Japan to end the war yet he hasn't.
Why? What's the point of bombing Kiev? They can do so with traditional weapons. The only reason to use nukes if other weapons are not effective. They're not even using traditional weapons in Kiev on any large scale, just picking some military targets here and there.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

MCB wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 4:38 pm I'd like to think the human race has learned from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I've been to Hiroshima and likewise the Peace Memorial Museum there and to say it was an eye opener (I was between grade 11 and 12 at the time) would be an understatement. :200:

In that museum they have a section of wall bleached white except for a shadow. An outline of a person. The amount of artwork depicting what the survivors went through my god. There's a river that goes through Hiroshima where survivors, flesh hanging off their bodies migrated towards to sooth their burns. A river of bodies...
The world is not dealing with a sane person.
He has no soul.
But I believe war criminal Vladimir Putin is bluffing.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

I think most people agree the Japanese nukes were justified, not like there were many other options.

Given Bidens recent performances I'd be very concerned about the US side too.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If the reports of Putin possibly having blood cancer, just maybe he goes out in a massive bang and pushes the button.

Only if blood cancer report is true.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

gertlush wrote: May 24th, 2022, 10:33 am I think most people agree the Japanese nukes were justified
Hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths were justified? :135:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Even Steven wrote: May 24th, 2022, 6:50 pm
gertlush wrote: May 24th, 2022, 10:33 am I think most people agree the Japanese nukes were justified
Hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths were justified? :135:
Either in split second or over years of continuing fight ww2.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

GordonH wrote: May 24th, 2022, 6:53 pmEither in split second or over years of continuing fight ww2.
Interesting. In the rest of the world, it's viewed as a war crime, but I guess we have a different viewpoint...
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Even Steven wrote: May 24th, 2022, 6:56 pm
GordonH wrote: May 24th, 2022, 6:53 pmEither in split second or over years of continuing fight ww2.
Interesting. In the rest of the world, it's viewed as a war crime, but I guess we have a different viewpoint...
So you had preferred the US bomb island of Japan with conventional weapons until the Emperor had surrendered. Meanwhile killing as many if not more people.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

GordonH wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:01 pm So you had preferred the US bomb island of Japan with conventional weapons until the Emperor had surrendered. Meanwhile killing as many if not more people.
It's not my preference. It's everyone else in the world who views it as a war crimes.

But it's cool that you think it's perfectly fine to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians in order to make somebody to surrender :up:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Even Steven wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:21 pm
GordonH wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:01 pm So you had preferred the US bomb island of Japan with conventional weapons until the Emperor had surrendered. Meanwhile killing as many if not more people.
It's not my preference. It's everyone else in the world who views it as a war crimes.

But it's cool that you think it's perfectly fine to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians in order to make somebody to surrender :up:
It’s not cool Even Steven, so show me a war in history that was cool.

As it was US was going to have the Emperor of Japan surrender either by conventional weapons (bomb the hell out of island of Japan). Or use there latest weapon, US chose the latter.

btw Hitler killed millions in gas chambers.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^^The US knew that invading Japan to end the war would cause untold casualties, on both sides.
The nuclear option was exercised to reduce this.
Yes, without a doubt it sucked big time for Japan, however at this point of the war they were not in the driver seat.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Even Steven wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:21 pm

You are incorrect, that is not the prevailing view of it. And the Japanese were given the chance to surrender before, and then after the first bomb, and then finally after the 2nd they did.
ekir8
Board Meister

Post by ekir8 »

Drip_Torch wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 6:20 am If I were a betting man, I'd say if it is going to happen (Really don't think it will) it will go down between 4:00 am and 1:00 pm (our time) tomorrow. Again, don't think it's going to happen, but the biggest bang for the buck would be during those hours.
Should we lie down or put a paper bag over our heads or something?
+++
Banned

Post by +++ »

ekir8 wrote: May 25th, 2022, 9:09 am
Drip_Torch wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 6:20 am If I were a betting man, I'd say if it is going to happen (Really don't think it will) it will go down between 4:00 am and 1:00 pm (our time) tomorrow. Again, don't think it's going to happen, but the biggest bang for the buck would be during those hours.
Should we lie down or put a paper bag over our heads or something?
[icon_lol2.gif] :130:

Return to “World”