Gun Control

Sparki55
Guru

Re: Gun Control

Post by Sparki55 »

foenix wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:37 pm Oh well better than nothing like what's gonna happen down South.
Nothing better than making decisions utilizing one's opinions based on emotions. A fixation on the narrative, not reality. An extreme false dichotomy.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/cbp-offic ... -daughter/

Heroic officer rushed into Uvalde school with barber’s shotgun to save daughter, wife and other children
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Sparki55 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 2:34 pm
foenix wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:37 pm Oh well better than nothing like what's gonna happen down South.
Nothing better than making decisions utilizing one's opinions based on emotions. A fixation on the narrative, not reality. An extreme false dichotomy.
Yeah I know, the emotions do run high when 19 children gets blown away by these banned guns and they have to ask their parents for DNA samples to identify the bodies. That's the emotional reality of being blown away by these banned guns and yeah, all those responsible gun owners who uses the AR15 for hunting just gets thrown into the mix and the narrative so not much of an extreme dichotomy to me.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

foenix wrote: May 27th, 2022, 3:28 pm Yeah I know, the emotions do run high when 19 children gets blown away by these banned guns and they have to ask their parents for DNA samples to identify the bodies. That's the emotional reality of being blown away by these banned guns and yeah, all those responsible gun owners who uses the AR15 for hunting just gets thrown into the mix and the narrative so not much of an extreme dichotomy to me.
I haven't read a single article stating the kids were unidentifiable which leads me to believe they asked for DNA samples so the parents or teachers didn't need to look at the bodies to identify them. Much quicker and more accurate than trying to ID from photos. Where did you read this?!

Does it matter if the guns are used for hunting or sport? There seems to be some level of OKness if the gun is used for shooting animals over targets.

If the USA had a huge outbreak of COVID in Texas, would you expect our PM to lockdown Canada?
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

foenix wrote: May 27th, 2022, 3:28 pm
Yeah I know, the emotions do run high when 19 children gets blown away by these banned guns and they have to ask their parents for DNA samples to identify the bodies. That's the emotional reality of being blown away by these banned guns and yeah, all those responsible gun owners who uses the AR15 for hunting just gets thrown into the mix and the narrative so not much of an extreme dichotomy to me.
[/quote]

It is always the gun not the mental state, upbringing, isolation, bullying, poverty.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

225 victims were killed ( so far ) in Chicago in 2022.

https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/

Ya it is the guns not the culture, upbringing, family, work, school etc.
Looking at their guns laws there right now.What a messed up part of the world and getting worse.
This is not a good example of rights.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Sparki55 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 3:47 pm
foenix wrote: May 27th, 2022, 3:28 pm Yeah I know, the emotions do run high when 19 children gets blown away by these banned guns and they have to ask their parents for DNA samples to identify the bodies. That's the emotional reality of being blown away by these banned guns and yeah, all those responsible gun owners who uses the AR15 for hunting just gets thrown into the mix and the narrative so not much of an extreme dichotomy to me.
I haven't read a single article stating the kids were unidentifiable which leads me to believe they asked for DNA samples so the parents or teachers didn't need to look at the bodies to identify them. Much quicker and more accurate than trying to ID from photos. Where did you read this?!

Does it matter if the guns are used for hunting or sport? There seems to be some level of OKness if the gun is used for shooting animals over targets.

If the USA had a huge outbreak of COVID in Texas, would you expect our PM to lockdown Canada?
Really? 2 second Google search found tons of the articles like this......

Frantic parents wait for hours to be reunited with kids as DNA tests used to confirm victims
Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-TX) told "CBS Mornings" on Wednesday that many of the children could not be identified, and they needed DNA to identify them and their families. 
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-scho ... t-reunite/

It was the same story in Florida with parents being asked for DNA sample because the kids were too torn up from the results of being shot by an AR15.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote: May 27th, 2022, 4:12 pm
alanjh595 wrote: May 26th, 2022, 3:46 pm

Where do you get those numbers from? OR are they just made up, like the last time?
If you don't believe my numbers then look em up.
you made the claim, now back it it up with evidence.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

So once again the media and the Democrats/Liberals give more power to these mass killers. Not only do these killers take lives, but now because of these political parties and special interest groups, the killers are allowed to take our rights and freedoms too. These politicians play right into the hands of these murderers and make their rampages even more damaging.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Mark5 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 6:11 pm So once again the media and the Democrats/Liberals give more power to these mass killers. Not only do these killers take lives, but now because of these political parties and special interest groups, the killers are allowed to take our rights and freedoms too. These politicians play right into the hands of these murderers and make their rampages even more damaging.
The left will not support mental health initiatives because it thins out their voter base
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

foenix wrote: May 27th, 2022, 4:05 pm
Sparki55 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 3:47 pm Really? 2 second Google search found tons of the articles like this......

Frantic parents wait for hours to be reunited with kids as DNA tests used to confirm victims

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-scho ... t-reunite/

It was the same story in Florida with parents being asked for DNA sample because the kids were too torn up from the results of being shot by an AR15.
Yeah, really. I've honestly never met someone so intent in raising false information.

All the article states is the children could not be identified by the officers. TO BE CONFIRMED BY OFFICERS WOULD REQUIRE PHOTOS. That would take much more than 1 hour to identify.

but yeah, keep up the narrative that each kid had so much ammunition put thru them they turned to nothing. Oh and keep telling yourself it was due to the firearm, not bullet size and grain.

The amount of misinformation and absolute uneducated opinion on the topic speaks volumes.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

mikest2 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 6:20 pm
Mark5 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 6:11 pm So once again the media and the Democrats/Liberals give more power to these mass killers. Not only do these killers take lives, but now because of these political parties and special interest groups, the killers are allowed to take our rights and freedoms too. These politicians play right into the hands of these murderers and make their rampages even more damaging.
The left will not support mental health initiatives because it thins out their voter base
[icon_lol2.gif] Needed a good laugh, thanks mikest2
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Vast majority of these statistics are criminals using guns, criminals don’t register their gun and they get their gun from the Black Market.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/37 ... Can-report

Almost every evening news there is at least 1 gang shooting in GVRD, same thing GTA.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

foenix wrote: May 12th, 2022, 10:12 am I feel for you trucker....don't blame the Liberals, blame the few bad apples that wreck things for the majority of the responsible owners. That happens all the time, not just guns.
Don't defend the Liberals. They had a gun registry years ago, it was a waste of money and did nothing to slow up gun crimes.

As people have stated here, the hunter and sport shooters are not the Criminals.

Make the Criminals accountable for their actions. Make Government accountable for their actions as well as they are not being held to account.

Do as the USA does with their 1%. If you are a Criminal in the USA and you are caught with a firearm you go to jail. If you use a firearm will committing a offence, add on five more years to the sentence minimum. Stop this double time for those on remand, defense counsel uses it to make their clients sentence reduced.

Stop the problem which is the Criminals.

No registry will stop guns and criminals mixing. Fact of the matter the firearms used in crimes are not registered, they are black market weapons which are brought in from the USA. As long as the USA has guns, Criminals in Canada will have guns.

Lastly the stupidest thing I've ever hear about guns was Trudeau. "No one needs a assault weapon as they are not need for hunting." In the very next breath, " I'll let Indiginous peoples can keep their assault weapons as they have the inherent right to hunt."

That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard out of Trudeau and truly when his lips move it flows freely, he is not very intelligent!
Last edited by Ken7 on May 29th, 2022, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^ great post. :up:
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “Canada”