Gun Control

foenix
Guru

Re: Gun Control

Post by foenix »

Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:20 am
foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:04 am Too bad illegal firearms are a very small percentage of firearm violence in Canada....won't make a dent on the real problem.
So you want to ignore them altogether then? That makes perfect sense............
JT isn't, so I guess that does make perfect sense and not as you call it "virtue-signaling".
Crismnytakr

Post by Crismnytakr »

Nothing in this bill is new . Other then the outright ban of future handguns. As a legal restricted firearms permit holder with no plans to purchase an more handguns,it means nothing to me .Anyone who owns one now knows the steps needed and rules you need to follow under the laws to even take them out of the gun cabinet and go to the gun range to do some shooting. This ban is just window dressing for votes and I don't see how this does anything to curb gun crimes by criminals who don't care about gun laws or your feelings . Drug dealers and criminals don't generally use legally obtained firearms to committed crime .
The rest in the bill about extended capacity clips , shell capscity in rifles , automatic rifles and all that crap has been in effect for decades already but the brain dead eat it up like candy thinking " he's doing something".
But none of that is new most have been law since the 70s and 80s .
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The "brain dead" are also screaming....."he's taking our rights away", "where's our freedom"?
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 10:17 am The "brain dead" are also screaming....."he's taking our rights away", "where's our freedom"?
Hmmm just like the Brain-Dead people screaming about abortion rights being taken away.

Except Abortion does kill every time it's done, yet millions of Canadians use firearms every day without anyone being killed.........
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

.....Yet the 640 that use firearms to kill themselves has a success rate close to 90%......and knowing, suicide takes multiple attempts
Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 10:27 am
foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 10:17 am The "brain dead" are also screaming....."he's taking our rights away", "where's our freedom"?
Hmmm just like the Brain-Dead people screaming about abortion rights being taken away.

Except Abortion does kill every time it's done, yet millions of Canadians use firearms every day without anyone being killed.........
So we're comparing abortions to massing shootings now? Deflect much.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Hyperbole

If any that do gob-off about "taking our rights away" regarding fire arms, I agree, they are completely misinformed brain dead. In Canada, it is a privilege to own a fire arm, much like a drivers license. IT is NOT a right in Canada to own a fire arm. The US is about the only country I know where it is a "right" to own a firearm.

"where's our freedom" Huh? I am free to take my rifles to the bush and set up targets at various distances and blaze away. Others with handguns are free to take their handguns to the range and blaze away, after a few hoops to jump through.

Sitting reading some of these posts, I try and remember all the news stories the past number of years, Surrey 6 murders, Bacon murders in Kelowna, The murder caught on camera a few months ago on the streets of Vancouver, Abbotsford gang shootings, quite a list anyway. Now I try and figure how Trudums proposed legislation will stop these murders? Can't do it, sorry.
Just another virtue signal from the drama queen.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

seewood wrote: May 31st, 2022, 10:41 am
Just another virtue signal from the drama queen.
Yes he does do that after all he was a drama teacher but so does some of the pro-gun crew in this tread.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 10:38 am .....Yet the 640 that use firearms to kill themselves has a success rate close to 90%......and knowing, suicide takes multiple attempts
Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 10:27 am

Im comparing the "Pro-Abortion" rights people screaming about their rights being taken away with the pro-gun people having their rights taken away. Seems similar enough, both are having rights taken away.

Except
One takes a life 100% of the time. The other does not.

Canada doesn't have a gun issue or a mass killing issue. The only issue we have here is an idiot sitting in the PM chair virtue-signaling to his *bleep* followers about something he knows absolutely nothing about. The Stats and History image below shows that mass murderers in Canada use a variety of methods to commit their crimes.

And there are only 20 of them in the last 300+ years..........
CanadaShootings.png
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:11 am
foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 10:38 am .....Yet the 640 that use firearms to kill themselves has a success rate close to 90%......and knowing, suicide takes multiple attempts

Im comparing the "Pro-Abortion" rights people screaming about their rights being taken away with the pro-gun people having their rights taken away. Seems similar enough, both are having rights taken away.

Except
......Except this thread isn't about abortions and no one in Canada is screaming about abortions being taken away now are they?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:47 am
Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:11 am

Except
......Except this thread isn't about abortions and no one in Canada is screaming about abortions being taken away now are they?
Actually, a lot of women here in Canada were screaming about what happened in the USA. Like it affects them in any sort of way.

In the same way, all of you were screaming for more Gun-Control here in Canada because something happened in the USA.

But back to the topic

Its funny that you fail to address the Canadian Stats on Mass killings.

The worst case of mass killing in Canada was on 1972 Sept 1: The Bluebird Cafe Fire
The Bluebird cafe fire killed 37 people. No firearms were used.......

Seems like the total methods used to commit mass killings here in Canada in the last 100 years is:

7 used a firearm
5 used Axe, vehicle, Knife, Fire (Arson)

Last 6 mass killings in Canada:

1) June 6 2021, London Ontario - Vehicle - 4 dead 1 injured
2) April 19 2020, Nova Scotia - Firearms - 22 dead 3 injured
3) April 23 2018, Toronto, Ontario - Vehicle - 11 dead 15 injured
4) Jan 29 2017, Quebec City, Quebec - Firearms - 6 dead 19 injured
5) April 15 2014, Calgary, Alberta - Knife - 5 dead *Stabbed to death at a house party
6) April 8 2006, Shedden, Ontario - Firearms - 8 dead *Gang killing of own gang members
CanadaShootings.png
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:30 am
foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:12 am

So what happened to that "good guys" argument in Uvalde, Texas?.....and Buffalo.....and Lakeland.......and.....and.....and...

Uvalde, Buffalo Shootings Expose the Myth of the ‘Good Guy With a Gun’

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/ ... with-a-gun

Republicans’ “Good Guy With a Gun” Calls Look Even More Absurd in Wake of Disastrous Police Response During Texas School Shooting

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05 ... l-shooting
Actually, the officer that shot and killed the shooter in fact had a gun. Without it, he would have been dead with the rest.

So a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun.

There are lots of examples where a good person with a Legally owned gun stopped a bad person with a gun.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/man-w ... r/2290236/
Actually, one of the "officers" who stopped the leftist lunatic Ramos in Uvalde wasn't an on duty policeman. He was an off duty agent and at the barber's and had no firearm when he got a text about the shootings at his child's school. He took the barber's shotgun, went to the school, and helped to stop the deranged killer. How much worse could the outcome have been if the barber was banned from owning a shotgun via a Trudeau-esq confiscation?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Gone_Fishin wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:26 pm
Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:30 am

Actually, the officer that shot and killed the shooter in fact had a gun. Without it, he would have been dead with the rest.

So a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun.

There are lots of examples where a good person with a Legally owned gun stopped a bad person with a gun.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/man-w ... r/2290236/
Actually, one of the "officers" who stopped the leftist lunatic Ramos in Uvalde wasn't an on duty policeman. He was an off duty agent and at the barber's and had no firearm when he got a text about the shootings at his child's school. He took the barber's shotgun, went to the school, and helped to stop the deranged killer. How much worse could the outcome have been if the barber was banned from owning a shotgun via a Trudeau-esq confiscation?

its reactive and still doesnt stop kids from being killed by a shooter. it isnt good enough
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Gone_Fishin wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:26 pm

Actually the good "officer" did nothing like his on duty good cops with guns until the 19 children was slaughtered an hour after the shooting started......so much for the "good" guy with a gun argument.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:21 pm
foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:47 am

Actually, a lot of women here in Canada were screaming about what happened in the USA. Like it affects them in any sort of way.

In the same way, all of you were screaming for more Gun-Control here in Canada because something happened in the USA.

But back to the topic
The above and below the "back to the topic" isn't about guns, is it? .....so it's more off topic deflections.

.....and something did happen here in Canada recently with an AR15 and 22 dead shooting victims.

Return to “Canada”