Gun Control

Nedroj
Übergod

Re: Gun Control

Post by Nedroj »

foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:38 pm
Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:21 pm

Actually, a lot of women here in Canada were screaming about what happened in the USA. Like it affects them in any sort of way.

In the same way, all of you were screaming for more Gun-Control here in Canada because something happened in the USA.

But back to the topic
The above and below the "back to the topic" isn't about guns, is it? .....so it's more off topic deflections.

.....and something did happen here in Canada recently with an AR15 and 22 dead shooting victims.
Yeah and as I pointed out multiple times none of Justine Trudeau's recent changes to Gun rights/laws would have prevented that tragedy from happening. But keep your head in the sand ignoring that fact.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Majority of Canadians don't share your view.....so there's that. :biggrin:
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:01 pm Majority of Canadians don't share your view.....so there's that. :biggrin:
So you are saying that the majority of Canadians don't believe in facts, statistics, and logic?
Or do you perhaps think that Justine Trudeau is deliberately misleading Canadians with disinformation?

Also, the majority of Canadians think Jesus, Mohammed, and God are real and they will go to "hell" if they dont follow their religious texts. Doesn't make it true, does it?
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

I'm sure the disinformation is on both sides of the issue.....like it always is. I'm also certain, both sides believe the "truth" is also on their side.

Canadians favour stricter gun control, mandatory buyback of banned firearms: Poll
In general, however, a strong majority (66 per cent) supported stricter gun-control laws, while just 10 per cent said control measures should be relaxed and 19 per cent said they should remain as is.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadians ... -1.5368354
Crismnytakr

Post by Crismnytakr »

This same topic will be on here in four years getting more and more radical as the election nears . Need them votes.
I will still own and have my same firearms locked up in my vaults as I do now only l most likely need to add a third vault .
I really have always wanted a 50 caliber Barret and seeing I just got a new vault.
In ten years them same guns will be in them same vaults and nothing will have changed .
This law does nothing...
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

You never know, we will just have to see in 4 years time.....the gun legislation did something in Australia and gun legislation in Japan and UK seems like it's "not doing anything" either.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

FWIW, even I think some of the new proposals are an overreach and miss the mark entirely. It's not enough to change my vote, the opposition party would still need to come up with leaders I could trust and some policy I believe in, but yes, I'm not impressed.

It just looks like a desperate and ill-conceived attempt to change the channel. A little too opportunistic, in the way it follows the US tragedy, for my liking.
Last edited by Drip_Torch on May 31st, 2022, 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:26 pm You never know, we will just have to see in 4 years time.....the gun legislation did something in Australia and gun legislation in Japan and UK seems like it's "not doing anything" either.
The gun legislation didn't do anything in Australia.

viewtopic.php?p=1394927#p1394927
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:09 pm Or do you perhaps think that Justine Trudeau is deliberately misleading Canadians with disinformation?
Is your constant use of the name Justine instead of Justin meant to be an insult? Is it somehow insulting to be called a woman?
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Glacier wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:40 pm
foenix wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:26 pm You never know, we will just have to see in 4 years time.....the gun legislation did something in Australia and gun legislation in Japan and UK seems like it's "not doing anything" either.
The gun legislation didn't do anything in Australia.

viewtopic.php?p=1394927#p1394927
Hmmm...yet there are stats like this.....
The Australian study found that buying back 3,500 guns per 100,000 people correlated with up to a 50 percent drop in firearm homicides and a 74 percent drop in gun suicides.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ics-charts

.....btw.....how many mass slaughters have Australia experienced since the ban?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Crismnytakr wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:22 pm This same topic will be on here in four years getting more and more radical as the election nears . Need them votes.
I will still own and have my same firearms locked up in my vaults as I do now only l most likely need to add a third vault .
I really have always wanted a 50 caliber Barret and seeing I just got a new vault.
In ten years them same guns will be in them same vaults and nothing will have changed .
This law does nothing...
I disagree. Changes like these will help to keep us from embracing the gun culture that has poisoned the US. Although it seems like the new laws won't change much for folks like you, they keep the pervasiveness of gun culture in check.

The problem in the US is that they never made lasting or meaningful changes to gun laws or how they think about guns and it got out of hand.

So although you think these rules do nothing, they actually express our values and potentially shift the way Canadians think about guns. Losing control of the narrative and culture of guns is what has pushed the Americans past the point of no return.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Jonrox wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:50 pm The problem in the US is that they never made lasting or meaningful changes to gun laws or how they think about guns and it got out of hand.
They had made AR 15's illegal to sell in California for a period of time. The best before date on the legislation expired and now AR's are available in California again. https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/05/us/calif ... index.html
Not sure, but I think bumps stocks are now illegal after the slaughter in Las Vegas a few years back.https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks Might be overturned now???

Regardless, meaningful changes for many would imply an attack on their constitutional right to own firearms.
This is where it gets pissey. The NRA is or was a huge lobby group with tons of money to give to politicians that will leave gun ownership and constitutional rights alone.
The increase in crime where firearms are used has also increased the sale of firearms to private citizens, and the conceal carry permits.
Glad it has not got to Canada, as we do not have the RIGHT to own firearms, we have the PRIVILAGE of owning firearms.
A carry permit for a citizen is pretty restricted today, pretty difficult to obtain.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Jonrox wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:43 pm
Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:09 pm Or do you perhaps think that Justine Trudeau is deliberately misleading Canadians with disinformation?
Is your constant use of the name Justine instead of Justin meant to be an insult? Is it somehow insulting to be called a woman?
I thought calling a genetically born male, a female was being inclusive to the left-wing people?
Or is it an insult? I can't tell with today's generation of gender-confused idiots on social media.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:15 pm
Jonrox wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:43 pm
I thought calling a genetically born male, a female was being inclusive to the left-wing people?
Or is it an insult? I can't tell with today's generation of gender-confused idiots on social media.
I asked why you're using Justine instead of Justin... why'd you deflect and avoid the question?
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Jonrox wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:16 pm
Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:15 pm

I asked why you're using Justine instead of Justin... why'd you deflect and avoid the question?
is it deflection or self projecting? :135:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .

Return to “Canada”