Gun Control

mikest2
Lord of the Board

Re: Gun Control

Post by mikest2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 1st, 2022, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Liberals opt for wedge politics over actual change

"The new legislation will be damaging to the Canadian economy and exacerbate the urban-rural divide in this country, all while failing to provide support for communities suffering the most from gun violence"

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/noah-s ... ual-change
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 1st, 2022, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 1st, 2022, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Blindeyes2020
Fledgling

Post by Blindeyes2020 »

Well at least when gun crime keeps climbing and getting worse after then gun control, all these liberal lovers can keep your heads up high because you liberal supporting losers can take the blame and be as proud taking the blame for our country crime getting worse.
We will see how many of you go into hiding and finally shut your mouths as you and the liberals are to blame.
Congratulations, the criminal empire thanks you for making there lives easier.
That's why government love the majority of votes win everything, is because it's the majority of people are the idiots, it's the minority that actually know what really go's on in the world as we still have a brain and independent thought.
the government don't like people with brains.
We need to keep track of all these people to hold them accountable in the future.
Canada, "the new home of lying and stupidity."
look at Mexico, and every other countries where citizens have had their firearms band, poverty climbed rapidly. hmm I wonder why. I am going to become a politician, as it seems you don't have to answer to no one no matter how much you lie or become corrupted. I
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Andrewski wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:57 pm
Nedroj wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:15 pm

I thought calling a genetically born male, a female was being inclusive to the left-wing people?
Or is it an insult? I can't tell with today's generation of gender-confused idiots on social media.
Sounds like you're the confused one. You can't even show respect to other people and blame them for your ineptitude and lack of understanding?

Classic right winger. Project more insecurities, please.
I didn't realize believing in basic biology, ie. only two genders, Man and Woman, and they cant change, was "projecting insecurities". I thought that was just following the science.

Show respect to who? The idiot PM? The Gender confused idiots on social media?
Respect is earned, not given out like participation ribbons.

Back to the topic,
I have a far far better understanding of Canada's Gun Control laws and regulations than the majority of Canadians.

Our previous laws prior to two years ago were working quite well. The only issue is a lack of enforcement due to a lack of resources and equipment. I read that our border police inspect less than 1% of all railcars coming from the USA directly into Canada. And that it has been noted to be a major method of smuggling drugs and weapons. That paired with minimal prosecution resources and only minor jail time received at the end of it all being back out in less than 2 years.

Right now the message to criminals is very clear. Crime Pays very very well.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Kodidad wrote: May 31st, 2022, 6:42 pm
Sparki55 wrote: May 31st, 2022, 5:49 pm

That's like telling people we need to ban cars because people can drive over others. Somehow owning a gun is less important than a car.

Somehow a car serves a greater purpose that a firearm. Yet there is no definition defining this.
What is the purpose of a gun? Not to wound, maim, cause flesh wounds, bash somebody over the head. No it's to KILL. Either human or animal. A car takes you places, like work, vacation, visit friends and family, pick up groceries.

Here's a definition for you. A car is a means of transportation. A gun is a means of death.
A gun can and is also used for Sports shooting which is even part of the Winter Olympics. There are an estimated 1200+ licensed gun ranges and clubs in Canada with around 1.4 million members. No death happening here.

Whereas there are plenty of examples of a "Car" killing its occupants and innocent bystanders being used as a means of transportation.

The weird thing though is when a car kills a child or innocent bystander or even the driver and passengers, the car doesn't get banned from being used by other more responsible people, but the gun does? Last time I checked both a Car and a Gun need A human to do anything.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Kodidad wrote: May 31st, 2022, 6:42 pm What is the purpose of a gun? Not to wound, maim, cause flesh wounds, bash somebody over the head. No it's to KILL. Either human or animal. A car takes you places, like work, vacation, visit friends and family, pick up groceries.

Here's a definition for you. A car is a means of transportation. A gun is a means of death.
That's your definition... A gun can also be a Sunday hobby for a father and son, target practicing. A gun can be a tool for a farmer, forest scout or guide. A gun can also be a collection of antiques. A gun can also be a tool for a hunter.

You see a device that serves no purpose but to kill yet it isn't the device that carries out the actions.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Sparki55 wrote: Jun 1st, 2022, 8:44 am
Kodidad wrote: May 31st, 2022, 6:42 pm What is the purpose of a gun? Not to wound, maim, cause flesh wounds, bash somebody over the head. No it's to KILL. Either human or animal. A car takes you places, like work, vacation, visit friends and family, pick up groceries.

That's your definition... A gun can also be a Sunday hobby for a father and son, target practicing. A gun can be a tool for a farmer, forest scout or guide. A gun can also be a collection of antiques. A gun can also be a tool for a hunter.

You see a device that serves no purpose but to kill yet it isn't the device that carries out the actions.
....and you need an AR15 and it's ilk for that? Like there aren't other legal firearms to play with?
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Blindeyes2020 wrote: Jun 1st, 2022, 7:45 am Well at least when gun crime keeps climbing and getting worse after then gun control, all these liberal lovers can keep your heads up high because you liberal supporting losers can take the blame and be as proud taking the blame for our country crime getting worse.
We will see how many of you go into hiding and finally shut your mouths as you and the liberals are to blame.
Congratulations, the criminal empire thanks you for making there lives easier.
That's why government love the majority of votes win everything, is because it's the majority of people are the idiots, it's the minority that actually know what really go's on in the world as we still have a brain and independent thought.
the government don't like people with brains.
We need to keep track of all these people to hold them accountable in the future.
Canada, "the new home of lying and stupidity."
look at Mexico, and every other countries where citizens have had their firearms band, poverty climbed rapidly. hmm I wonder why. I am going to become a politician, as it seems you don't have to answer to no one no matter how much you lie or become corrupted. I
i dont need a gun ever. i dont hide. :smt045
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 1st, 2022, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Blindeyes2020
Fledgling

Post by Blindeyes2020 »

Why does he have to clarify. I mean the truth is out there about taking guns from legally owned firearms from licensed owners. The truth is illegal guns are killing people, and the liberals have done nothing to stop it.

The Government doesn't have to answer for their stupidity why should he answer your question. He doesn't have to just like anti gun liberal lovers don't have to come up with any real reasons for what the non useful gun ban.

It seems to me the liberals are in bed with the criminals. Maybe the Government has to pay them back for backing them financially in the election, who knows, that is what it seems to me. So glad we decriminalized hard drugs that will save lives.
How can anyone support any government that wants to ruin it's own country.
Oh that's right , it is like the majority of people these days... stupid.
The only thing he really should be saying is thank you to you. You all are the reason this country is a sinking hole of *bleep*.
No wonder everyone is moving to Alberta, as they won't put up with this government horse puckie.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

foenix wrote: Jun 1st, 2022, 9:05 am
Sparki55 wrote: Jun 1st, 2022, 8:44 am

....and you need an AR15 and it's ilk for that? Like there aren't other legal firearms to play with?
Sure, you'd like to drive a Mercedes but the government will only let you drive a Lada
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

oldtrucker wrote: Jun 1st, 2022, 10:08 am Jonrox... If you asked most men who they RESPECT. Vladimir- as vile and mean as he is, or Jt what do you think the answer is going to be? Not like... but respect.. which one got the participation ribbon?
why would most men respect someone who commits genocide? are we to assume hitler is on that list or stalin? :135: i have some names for leaders of con party myself but that has zero to do with gun control. i would suggest a real man makes the right choices even if unpopular such as banning handguns .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

HANDGUN ‘’FREEZE’’ STRONGLY CRITICIZED IN GREATER MONTREAL
Police officers also criticize the bill.
Since yesterday, several police sources have deplored the repressive aspect of the bill towards law-abiding gun owners.
''Thefts of firearms from home represents a very small percentage of organihazed crime's supply of firearms. The number of times we have seized a registered gun in Canada in a gang-related shooting can be counted on one hand," said one detective sergeant with the Montreal Police Service, speaking on condition of anonymity.
"Ninety-five percent of the use of handguns in violent crimes is from the black market, the contraband market that is supplied by criminal organizations located in the United States." Said another Detective Sergeant.
For his part, André Gélinas, a former detective sergeant who trained police officers in shootings and use of force, maintains that banning handguns will not suddenly solve the problem of gun violence in Montreal.
‘’Banning and removing registered handguns from the hands of their law-abiding owners won't solve anything. This is a dogmatic idea from lobby groups. It is not the legal guns that are the problem, it is the (dirty) guns that are acquired illegally. And I see that this bill does nothing to address this issue. It's all smoke and mirrors," says the former police officer.
The roots of the gun violence problem.
On the community side, Pierson Vaval, Executive Director of Équipe Rivière-des-Prairies, sees only cosmetic changes in the bill.
‘’Young people we deal with don't have are not licensed gun owners. If they have the money and the contacts, they'll just get what they want on the street," says Vaval, who is involved with youth in Montreal's northeast.
According to him, justice is not the key to solving the problem of gun violence on the streets of Montreal.
‘’The roots of the gun violence problem lie in the attraction of youth to firearms and the culture of violence. By investing our efforts in prevention, we will get much more concrete results. We can spend a lot of money on police resources, but if this attraction of young people to weapons is not addressed, the law and justice system will not work," he concludes’’

And to add to this,Biden's open southern borders are bringing in all kinds of illegal activity,drugs,human trafficking,gangs and guns and if you think Canada is immune to this then I'm afraid I can't help you.Proven time and time again,banning anything be it alcohol,tobacco,drugs,guns only forces it to go underground and proliferate.
May I suggest,to those people who think the current Government has only your best interests at heart,get on the WEF website and see what they have planned for the Western world.If you can't see the future from that then once again,I can't help you.

Return to “Canada”