Kelowna Civic Elections this October......HEAVY Changes Needed

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Kelowna Civic Elections this October......HEAVY Changes Needed

Post by lesliepaul »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... ion-so-far

Just over four months until Kelowna's civic elections..........so far the least employable Gail (Sympathy Vote) Givens is pointing towards running again for the "free unearned cash".
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Kelowna Civic Elections this October......HEAVY Changes Needed

Post by the truth »

It will be interesting to see who runs,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

just_browsing wrote: Jun 16th, 2022, 10:54 am Although this means nothing on an anonymous forum, but I will be putting my name in. The current situation is beyond out of control and our City Managers have hand picked those that share their vision, creating perfect conditions for uninhibited and out of control growth. I have spent a career working for the CoK and now it looks like it will be a career to get them back on track. Our current council does not ask enough questions and, in my opinion, have completely failed Kelowna residents in favor of building for those that do not yet even call this place home.

I will put it out there right now that some might not be prepared for what I have to offer because I will be bringing some common sense and much harder questions to the council chambers should I get elected.

For those that haven't already identified me on here, I will be the grumpy looking candidate :smt045
LOL. Well now the debates just got more interesting. Good on ya!
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

That's exactly what we need. Common sense. Except one person's idea of "common sense" is far different from the next person's. We hear those words every election, along with the word "vibrant".
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

bob vernon wrote: Jun 16th, 2022, 12:38 pm That's exactly what we need. Common sense. Except one person's idea of "common sense" is far different from the next person's. We hear those words every election, along with the word "vibrant".
I've never heard a single politician use the word common sense. Are you just making things up. Maybe you could refresh our memory on which candidate actually said I'm going to use common sense if you can
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

the truth wrote: Jun 11th, 2022, 7:17 am It will be interesting to see who runs,
Possibly it is time to push the current Mayor to the side? I wonder if he is the issue as he appears to cater to those on the lake.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

Ken7 wrote: Jun 17th, 2022, 9:27 am
the truth wrote: Jun 11th, 2022, 7:17 am It will be interesting to see who runs,
Possibly it is time to push the current Mayor to the side? I wonder if he is the issue as he appears to cater to those on the lake.
He caters to developers. Like mission group where I bet his next cushy job is located.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

69cutlass wrote: Jun 17th, 2022, 3:20 pm

He caters to developers. Like mission group where I bet his next cushy job is located.
most likely.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

A janitor position would be beyond his capabilities..........developers offer........."we'll pay you X-amount to stay the :cuss: away from us..........your nothing but a discarded condom at this point".
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

the truth wrote: Jun 17th, 2022, 3:24 pm

most likely.
Nah Mission Group got their hand so far up the puppet they want him to get involved in provincial level things.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

soupy wrote: Jun 22nd, 2022, 3:46 pm
the truth wrote: Jun 17th, 2022, 3:24 pm

most likely.
Nah Mission Group got their hand so far up the puppet they want him to get involved in provincial level things.
Rest assured he is TOO STUPID for a provincial level ANYTHING..........the higher your political aspirations, the more dirt that gets exposed.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

just_browsing wrote: Jun 16th, 2022, 10:54 am For those that haven't already identified me on here, I will be the grumpy looking candidate :smt045
Grumpy is far better than someone who looks 12 and insists on doubling property taxes to save the killer whales in okanagan lake.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Jlabute wrote: Jun 22nd, 2022, 8:02 pm
just_browsing wrote: Jun 16th, 2022, 10:54 am For those that haven't already identified me on here, I will be the grumpy looking candidate :smt045
Grumpy is far better than someone who looks 12 and insists on doubling property taxes to save the killer whales in okanagan lake.
Jlabute, you crack me up!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
spooker

Post by spooker »

just popping in wrote: Jun 22nd, 2022, 2:30 pm James Kay running for council.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... cil#372637
Here's someone that quit the city to work for a developer and now wants to come back to the city at a different level ... is that the type of person we want?

Return to “Civic Elections 2022”