Gun related incidents up 37%

Butcher1973
Board Meister

Re: Gun related incidents up 37%

Post by Butcher1973 »

Glacier wrote: May 30th, 2022, 12:21 pm
spooker wrote: May 30th, 2022, 12:16 pm
Not quite ... they blame easy access to certain types of guns ...
There is NO EASY access to legal handguns in Canada, and most homicides by gun are committed with handguns (as they are in the US). The government knows where every single legal handgun is in Canada at all times. They are locked up at all times except when used at a licensed gun range or when being cleaned. Handgun theft is extremely rare because almost all gun owners practice proper safety and storage procedures.

The government should be able to tell if a gun is legal or not in almost all instances because they know where all legal handguns are at all times. If they don't actually know how to keep track of this data, then wow, is this ever incompetence of the highest order.
You nailed it Glacier. I think there are a great many people that don't realize the level of safely and security that must be adhered to by legal gun owners with an RPAL. There is no way that this information is not gathered and compiled...perhaps just inconvenient for those currently in power.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

If only we had a way to digitize the information then police everywhere would have instant access.

Hey..........................wait a minute.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Y-Wine
Fledgling

Post by Y-Wine »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 30th, 2022, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read the rules.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

spooker wrote: May 30th, 2022, 12:51 pm
I thought people had issues with a gun registry so it got scrapped ... you're saying it should be brought back?
The RCMP knows where all legally owned restricted firearms are kept. This includes every single handgun that is legally owned.

When they run your name the first thing that comes up is whether you are a PAL or RPAL holder. If you are an RPAL holder, a list of restricted weapons you own will show.

What you are referring to is the "Long Gun registry" where the government wanted every single NON-RESTRICTED rifle to be registered in their database the same way as the Restricted Firearms are treated. This cost taxpayers millions of dollars and was eventually scrapped as long-guns are rarely used in crimes.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Canada does not have a " gun problem" we have "crime problem"
But of course Justin Trudeau goes after the hard working tax paying Canadians as he give the crime-gang bangers a open door pass .
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

The Liberals’ new gun control bill, C-21, doesn’t even need to be passed into law to achieve its desired ends. That’s because Liberal firearms policy is not about reducing crime, but firing up the party’s left-wing base and forcing Conservatives to take a stand against gun control. It’s performative political theatre at its finest.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/np-vie ... ng-outrage
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki tried to ‘jeopardize’ mass murder investigation to adv
https://www.halifaxexaminer.ca/featu...ntrol-efforts/

Once again Justin Trudeau slimy as ever !!!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

blueliner wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 3:48 pm RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki tried to ‘jeopardize’ mass murder investigation to adv

Link didn't work. Try this:
https://www.halifaxexaminer.ca/featured ... l-efforts/
RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki tried to ‘jeopardize’ mass murder investigation to advance Trudeau’s gun control efforts
RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki “made a promise” to Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and the Prime Minister’s Office to leverage the mass murders of April 18/19, 2020 to get a gun control law passed.

A week after the murders, Lucki pressured RCMP in Nova Scotia to release details of the weapons used by the killer. But RCMP commanders in Nova Scotia refused to release such details, saying doing so would threaten their investigation into the murders.
I agree - slimy.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

rustled wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 4:03 pm
blueliner wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 3:48 pm RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki tried to ‘jeopardize’ mass murder investigation to adv

Link didn't work. Try this:
https://www.halifaxexaminer.ca/featured ... l-efforts/
RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki tried to ‘jeopardize’ mass murder investigation to advance Trudeau’s gun control efforts
RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki “made a promise” to Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and the Prime Minister’s Office to leverage the mass murders of April 18/19, 2020 to get a gun control law passed.

A week after the murders, Lucki pressured RCMP in Nova Scotia to release details of the weapons used by the killer. But RCMP commanders in Nova Scotia refused to release such details, saying doing so would threaten their investigation into the murders.
I agree - slimy.
Thanks
Can hardly wait for the Trudeau fan club- Cheerleaders to defend him again
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Good God Bill Blair, you are a compulsive liar

"The issue was raised in the House of Commons on Tuesday, where the Conservatives accused the governing Liberals of interfering in an active police investigation. Bill Blair, minister of emergency preparedness, insisted that no one from the government issued directions to Lucki."

"It's apparent that the Opposition is more interested in drama than in truth," said Blair, who was public safety minister in April 2020. "The commissioner has confirmed that no direction and no pressure was given by me or by any member of this government to direct her in any way."

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-statem ... -1.5956668
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

mikest2 wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 6:57 pm Good God Bill Blair, you are a compulsive liar

"The issue was raised in the House of Commons on Tuesday, where the Conservatives accused the governing Liberals of interfering in an active police investigation. Bill Blair, minister of emergency preparedness, insisted that no one from the government issued directions to Lucki."

"It's apparent that the Opposition is more interested in drama than in truth," said Blair, who was public safety minister in April 2020. "The commissioner has confirmed that no direction and no pressure was given by me or by any member of this government to direct her in any way."

Under the bus she goes.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

rustled wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 7:03 pm
mikest2 wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 6:57 pm Good God Bill Blair, you are a compulsive liar

Under the bus she goes.
I truly hope this gets messy, They deserve it for using the victims and their surviving family as pawns in their political agenda.
This just makes me want to puke. Never miss the opportunity to capitalize on a tragedy for personal gain.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

mikest2 wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 7:06 pm
rustled wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 7:03 pm

Under the bus she goes.
I truly hope this gets messy, They deserve it for using the victims and their surviving family as pawns in their political agenda.
This just makes me want to puke. Never miss the opportunity to capitalize on a tragedy for personal gain.
Absolutely disgusting. We shouldn't hold our breath, though. If it's not enough to throw her under the bus, they'll toss Blair and carry on, business as usual. I've come to realize it's unlikely anything will convince Trudeau's staunchest defenders to hold him accountable.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

https://nypost.com/2022/06/22/florida-w ... NYPTwitter

Florida woman shoots and kills home invader after he attacks her in bed.

In Canada she would have been required to lay there and take it
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

rustled wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 7:09 pm
mikest2 wrote: Jun 21st, 2022, 7:06 pm

Absolutely disgusting. We shouldn't hold our breath, though. If it's not enough to throw her under the bus, they'll toss Blair and carry on, business as usual. I've come to realize it's unlikely anything will convince Trudeau's staunchest defenders to hold him accountable.
^^^^X2^^^^^^

Return to “Canada”