International Wildfires

captkirkcanada
Banned

International Wildfires

Post by captkirkcanada »

Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Re: International Wildfires

Post by captkirkcanada »

theres no point starting another thread for usa so here a pic of one coulsons choppers provided to state of colorado. beautiful machine
Attachments
coulson.jpg
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^ I agree

A few of those might have been ours had our gov’ts been responsible with our tax money.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Eastern wash st getting some lightning strikes now

Biggest concentration is east of spokane north of yakima .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

The Pasayten Wilderness is getting it too.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m ... ;dl=2;dc=0;
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 30th, 2022, 9:18 am theres no point starting another thread for usa so here a pic of one coulsons choppers provided to state of colorado. beautiful machine
https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... berInquiry
40CU was made in 1989. A fresh coat of paint and it looks new. But it's still a 30+ year old machine.
Some of their other aircraft are much older.
https://aircraft-data.com/owner/uc-helitanker-1-llc
Thankfully Canada is getting rid of the old aircraft like the CVLT's. Next year may not have any flying in BC. Q400's from Conair, and the future is the CL515.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

There were numerous lightning strikes in the Okanagan valley for the last 2 days. Almost all were high up in the hills. Where the land is still moist and not susceptible to wildfires.
The whole system currently is coming from the south and moving northwards. The current lightning strike map from EC shows mostly higher terrain hits, again.
Though that could change. Good thing the Convairs practiced the other day.
https://weather.gc.ca/lightning/index_e ... PAC#mapTop
Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 12-51-31 Canadian Lightning Danger Map - Pacific - Environment Canada.png
Also you can use this map
https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en# ... ;dl=2;dc=0;
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

A caribou, an airport runway and small explosives? The sub-plot to a yet to be released Action Thriller coming to Prime?

Nah, just one of the fire reports coming out of Alaska. [icon_lol2.gif]

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

ferri wrote: Jul 3rd, 2022, 12:36 pm The Pasayten Wilderness is getting it too.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m ... ;dl=2;dc=0;
That is a great site to use for a tool of general interest. It shows lightning for the entire world.
Capture 1.jpg
Bring back the LIKE button.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Drip_Torch wrote: Jul 3rd, 2022, 8:54 pm A caribou, an airport runway and small explosives? The sub-plot to a yet to be released Action Thriller coming to Prime?

Nah, just one of the fire reports coming out of Alaska. [icon_lol2.gif]

Haha. Straight out of Keystone Cops ….lol
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Catsumi wrote: Jun 30th, 2022, 6:15 pm ^^^^ I agree

A few of those might have been ours had our gov’ts been responsible with our tax money.
i think calfire has one also. they were completely refurbished a few years ago and are like brand new machines . they are the only company in north america certified to nite fight fires which is important in dry drought areas. fires need to be actioned as much as possible. all of Coulson's machines have been refurbished with help from airforce in united states , they have the most advanced electronics you can put on a aircraft . most of it done at home base in port alberni . :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

heres more on Coulson's fleet of fire fighting aircraft most of it usa

https://www.coulsonaviationusa.com/fleet
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Awesome machinery there at Coulson’s.

We certainly could have made lots of use of those night-flyers last year when a large part of BC was going up in smoke for months.

Unknown
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

A CH 47 or the Sikorsky SH70 were ex military aircraft and can only fly in the US under special permit. Not sure if the CH 47 could in Canada under special permit as civilian models of that helicopter were made.

There is a civilian model of the CH 47, ( Boeing 234) of which Columbia Helicopters has a few, can and do fly in Canada for heavy lift, logging and fires.

Coulson has done very well with their fire fighting heli's, of which a number are certifies for night time fire attack. ( In the US )
They also have adapted the Boeing 737 to a flying tanker and have them certified. The hard part.

BC will never, nor should they, get into the heli or tanker business. That is a rabbit hole I don't want to see our government go down.
Leave it for the pros.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
devotinouswarrior

Post by devotinouswarrior »

and who is keeping tabs on the arson crews for wild fire "services" ???

Return to “Fire Watch 2022”