Penticton Flood

0g0p0g0
Fledgling

Penticton Flood

Post by 0g0p0g0 »

What neighborhoods have flooding? The news doesnt say nor is the city spelling it out.
Would be good to track to the problems can be identified and solved.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Penticton Flood

Post by GordonH »

Impossible to predict a Cloud burst or prepare for one.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Captions in the photos say Johnson Road at Farrell and Wilson Street at Green, one of the videos was Warren above Government. I was told South Main had some flooding, too. Sounds like there's probably some localized flooding all over town.

We had quite a dump of water in a short period of time.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Ya....it's called a local summer thunder storm. Been happening forever locally.
Somehow, in recent years, these events are some kind of proof of man made climate change??
I suppose the ending of any tale is up to the author. In this case it is a bunch of gravel washed across a roadway. I am surprised the National Guard was not called in to maintain civil behaviour.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

0g0p0g0 wrote: Jul 4th, 2022, 7:26 pm What neighborhoods have flooding? The news doesnt say nor is the city spelling it out.
Would be good to track to the problems can be identified and solved.
https://okanagan-basin-flood-portal-rdc ... 88/explore
Bring back the LIKE button.
0g0p0g0
Fledgling

Post by 0g0p0g0 »

It would be nice if municipalites were more transparent about flood zones.
Statistically, we're having LESS magor weather events compared to history but all I hear is "once in a century" and people parroting nonsense. Facts are in short supply. I just want to know where exactly it flooded because the footage I saw wasnt more than wet streets.

To the guy that said "nothing you can do ... well actually there is. If theres a low area thats flooded multiple times solutions exist. But you have to look at facts first. Several cities have built man made ponds etc to take water that past ended up in peoples basements. Like Millwoods in Edmonton.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Untitled-3.jpg
[icon_lol2.gif]
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

0g0p0g0 wrote: Jul 5th, 2022, 8:18 pm It would be nice if municipalites were more transparent about flood zones.
Statistically, we're having LESS magor weather events compared to history but all I hear is "once in a century" and people parroting nonsense. Facts are in short supply. I just want to know where exactly it flooded because the footage I saw wasnt more than wet streets.

To the guy that said "nothing you can do ... well actually there is. If theres a low area thats flooded multiple times solutions exist. But you have to look at facts first. Several cities have built man made ponds etc to take water that past ended up in peoples basements. Like Millwoods in Edmonton.
i cant think of a single city or town in bc that has pre planned for climate change influenced extreme weather events. we are way to REACTIVE when we should be PROACTIVE. if that also includes buying folks out at problem areas prone to flooding then do it. if it means places have accept taller buildings for density then tough . solutions are just a council with common sense away . :up: :smt045
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .

Return to “Flood Watch 2022”