Humanity

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

was 911 an inside job?

yes
44%
no
56%

Total votes: 9

sleepdeprived
Lord of the Board

Post by sleepdeprived »

Pass me that joint...
"You can't be a non-conformist if you don't drink coffee."
Trey Parker
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

sleepdeprived wrote:Pass me that joint...

No joint in this joint. (One explanation to ponder is that of too much coffee and too little sleep--you should know 'bout that!)
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
sleepdeprived
Lord of the Board

Post by sleepdeprived »

Yes, but we shouldn't limit our pondering to one explanation.

And... coffee and sleep deprivation? That's harsh.

I prefer my explanation.

Ponder that.
Trey Parker
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

sleepdeprived wrote:Yes, but we shouldn't limit our pondering to one explanation.
You are learning, my child.
And... coffee and sleep deprivation? That's harsh.
Indeed it is.
I prefer my explanation.
Perhaps one should prefer the truth. Your explanation is but "one", which you just wisely said above that we shouldn't limit our pondering to. (And for the record--it's an inaccurate explanation, albeit a sensible one given what you have been pondering.)
Ponder that.
I did.

:133:
sleepdeprived
Lord of the Board

Post by sleepdeprived »

Pass me that joint again...
Trey Parker
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Its a big one.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

An arthritic joint?!
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

Hey... sleep deprived isn't a senior.... Just a little tired with bags under his eyes. Like many of us.

I wish I had time to ponder...if i'm not doing this :200: I'm trying to do this :139: without much luck.
tikbor
Fledgling

Post by tikbor »

In all seriousness, the question is a valid one (I mean specifically why are there people starving and dying while we whoop it up and go to the moon...) There are many, many churches (missions) and even non-religious groups that go into poverty stricken countries and do make changes, but they are ever so small and slow, and the hostility from some country leaders is unbelievable and makes it pretty difficult to accomplish much in leaps and bounds. Flip side - often my friend and I have said 'If every family in North America adopted one foster child (through a reputable organization such as World Vision, who does tend to be more readily accepted by some countries as they've been around the longest and have the best reputation), there would be no starving and education and medical help for all (get over it, Canadians who think our medical system is so bad...) One kid at a time (or maybe a goat for the family or whatever - it ALL adds up!!!) it could be done, but people have to 'just do it!'
bshemley41

Post by bshemley41 »

Indeed, as an earth being on this planet there is so much pain and suffering going on in all species right now, from the fur trade to the food grazing of cattle and pigs the torture these beings go through is hard to watch. we have stretched our influence into every aspect of earth life that we are creating a synthetic unnatural way of life. More and more i feel how blessed we truly are to be born here with the ability to shape our life freely. There is a large healing that must be done, were all in the same puddle.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”