Castanet polls

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
wascobi
Fledgling

Castanet polls

Post by wascobi »

sometimes Im shocked at the results, and sometimes Im in full agreement. after todays though, I started reading back on previous polls. It kind of made me worried. lots of fear apparent. It made me feel that if a federal election gets called soon, Trudeau would get a majority. and not because of dominion machines.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Castanet polls

Post by GordonH »

wascobi wrote: sometimes Im shocked at the results, and sometimes Im in full agreement. after todays though, I started reading back on previous polls. It kind of made me worried. lots of fear apparent. It made me feel that if a federal election gets called soon, Trudeau would get a majority. and not because of dominion machines.
These polls are in no means accurate, since 1 person can vote multiple times.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

I just voted, it only lets me vote once.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

zookeeper wrote: I just voted, it only lets me vote once.
Clear your history and you can vote again.... each time you clear your history you can vote.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Well you didn't have to tell everyone how to do it! :laugh:
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

zookeeper wrote:I just voted, it only lets me vote once.
Vote once on your computer, again on your phone, on your tablet, etc. :biggrin:
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

OKkayak wrote:
zookeeper wrote:I just voted, it only lets me vote once.
Vote once on your computer, again on your phone, on your tablet, etc. :biggrin:
In addition to that, not only is Kelowna a stronghold of conservative thinkers already, but for whatever reason Castanet, and especially these forums draw a lot of right, and extreme-right opinions. We are all bound to agree at least once with the poll results, but we should never assume they accurately represent provincial or national attitudes. They're just for fun.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped up

impo draping the unknown Soldiers Tomb with Canadian Flag is as much an honour as draping a casket. Which Canada does for all of our Fallen, when coming home.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/3773 ... secration-
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

GordonH wrote: Jul 26th, 2022, 7:48 pm Bumped up

impo draping the unknown Soldiers Tomb with Canadian Flag is as much an honour as draping a casket. Which Canada does for all of our Fallen, when coming home.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/3773 ... secration-
Agree in a way but I think they should just leave the tomb alone.

Per article:
“The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is not a place for slogans and civil disobedience, it's a place of prayer, gratitude, and introspection,” he said.

“Setting an American flag on the Canadian cenotaph was a profoundly insulting thing for a tourist to do. It showed a great lack of judgment. ... We’ve seen a lot of disrespect at the cenotaph emanating from the 'Freedom Convoy' and its supporters.”

Cormier added such an incident would not have been tolerated at the Tomb of Unknown Soldier in the United States, which is guarded around the clock by active-duty military members at Arlington National Cemetery."
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

The poll wasnt accurate . It was a canadian and american flag . If someone tried that in usa , they would be shot dead . Well they wouldnt get near it because the americans have real soldiers guarding theirs .

That would solve all problems here , soldiers guarding it . 24/7 like the americans .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Don’t need more regulation... impo Canadians are getting screwed over with the prices, both US & Mexico have better cellphone deals.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/3775 ... egulation-

Israel 1gb of data equals 5 cents USD.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote: Jul 27th, 2022, 8:53 pm Don’t need more regulation... impo Canadians are getting screwed over with the prices, both US & Mexico have better cellphone deals.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/3775 ... egulation-

Israel 1gb of data equals 5 cents USD.
Agree.
Government should stay out of it.
Let more competition in and let em have a free for all. And prices will come down.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Social Concerns”