What's for dinner tonight?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by normaM »

you all eat a lot of garlic
I could just move to Waterbabe's place for the Korean food
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Garlic is SO important! I like pepper, but salt and garlic are non-negotiable members of my seasoning cupboard.

Tonight daughter will be heating a picnic ham so there won`t be garlic on that, but we do have a dilled mustard to go with.
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

if only people eating lots of garlic made sure to shower up daily, sometimes twice
People reek of it, simply reek
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

normaM wrote: Jul 15th, 2022, 3:18 pm if only people eating lots of garlic made sure to shower up daily, sometimes twice
I agree with you. Garlic ok in small doses but some lather up in it, comes out of pores and breath. Truly gagworthy.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 15th, 2022, 7:37 pm
normaM wrote: Jul 15th, 2022, 3:18 pm if only people eating lots of garlic made sure to shower up daily, sometimes twice
I agree with you. Garlic ok in small doses but some lather up in it, comes out of pores and breath. Truly gagworthy.
Now ladies, garlic isn't an issue if everyone is enjoying it.

And tell me, how much garlic are you growing this year? Two years ago, the last year for me and garlic, I planted ninety of the little beggars. :up:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Fun facts:

1) Garlic can stay in your bloodstream for up to 2 days but can vary from person to person.
2) If you rub a clove of garlic on the bottom of your foot, you'll taste the garlic in your mouth in 10-15 minutes depending on how porous your skin is.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11 ... ottom-line

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 13077/full <-- that one is really interesting!

Last night we had the ham, just a bone-in picnic shoulder. Not wanting to heat up the house (no a/c) it was done in a cast iron pot on the bbq. Tasty! :biggrin:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jul 15th, 2022, 10:15 pm Fun facts:

1) Garlic can stay in your bloodstream for up to 2 days but can vary from person to person.
2) If you rub a clove of garlic on the bottom of your foot, you'll taste the garlic in your mouth in 10-15 minutes depending on how porous your skin is.
Wash you feet first! Or you'll smell the latest dodo that you stepped in.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

bb49 wrote: Jul 13th, 2022, 9:29 pm It's July, fresh sockeye is in the stores.
On the Q right now. Miso paste on top. Corn and salad. Son just showed up from FT St. John.. G&T's as well... :D
I am not wealthy but I am rich
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Adobe beef soft tacos, avo salad, cookies for dessert
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Whatever is in fridge that won’t make me sick. [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Fresh sockeye fillet cooked on the BBQ.
Also broccoli and zucchini cooked in butter and a shot of lemon juice.

But the kicker is the homemade lemon meringue pie. :130:
Had some for lunch too, but have to somehow eat the rest before tomorrow afternoon. Family coming to town.

#StandUpToJewishHate
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce, garlic bread/toast/whateveryoucallit, and a small side salad.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: Aug 6th, 2022, 5:18 pm Whatever is in fridge that won’t make me sick. [icon_lol2.gif]
As long as it's not green and fuzzy you should be relatively safe.

Smash burgers last night with a fresh outta the garden cucumber salad.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Have company coming over, so tonight we’re having rotisserie chicken, potato salad and coleslaw. Followed by apple pie and ice cream.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”