Old Costco site

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Old Costco site

Post by Bsuds »

ok-weezy wrote: Aug 8th, 2022, 9:10 pm I think more...um...codos!! yes! we need more
Did you mean "condo's" or condoms" ? :biggrin:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

chevron should expand its gas station onto the costco lot with 50 pumps and charge 3 cents less than costco.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

I heard that it is going to be a Mega-Homeless shelter - but only for this winter. But - once they get their foot in the door . . .
DarbyD
Übergod

Post by DarbyD »

lensbaby wrote: Aug 20th, 2022, 5:07 pm I heard that it is going to be a Mega-Homeless shelter - but only for this winter. But - once they get their foot in the door . . .
Great ! NOT
I'm not your enemy. We have a difference of opinion, and I can live with that. Can you?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lensbaby wrote: Aug 20th, 2022, 5:07 pm I heard that it is going to be a Mega-Homeless shelter - but only for this winter. But - once they get their foot in the door . . .
from who ....... basran :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

That would be a great location for one. The parking lot could be used as a waiting area for those that want to get in or for those that just need a shower and a meal.

The old pharmacy department could easily be repurposed as a SIS.

That is a great idea.

I would keep the homeless out of the downtown area and keep them close to where all the (insert appropriate adjective here).

Maybe they can have a 24/7/365 used bike/refurbishment center over near the gas station where they can get air for their tires and a washroom too.

That sounds like a great win/win idea for all of Kelowna.
Bring back the LIKE button.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Turning the Costco site into a homeless shelter wouldn't be fair to those that will be using the Sun Rype building because the Mission Group only paid $23 + million for that property & the Bennett's paid over $30 million for the Costco site ?
TheBanHammer

Post by TheBanHammer »

They are going to bring class back to the neighborhood and open the all new Super Willow! With a new Corner pin and Zodiac attached.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

that was just a joke people ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
spooker

Post by spooker »

The biggest part to remember about this site is the accessibility ... this location is set up to get to by car, there's no easy way to get there by anything else ...
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Perfectly accessible by bicycle…….hey…wait a minute…that’s my bicycle!
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Easy access for cyclists as the sidewalk, their favorite place to ride, literally encircles the property
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

That has already started. Unless the Bennett’s get proactive they are going to be over run with homeless people. I saw some camping out in the little compound on the Baron Rd side of the building, and the chain across the driveway on that side is missing as well. I guess it must have been taken down to make it easier to get the carts through.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Anonymous123 wrote: Aug 21st, 2022, 5:07 pmthe chain across the driveway on that side is missing as well. I guess it must have been taken down to make it easier to get the carts through.
I have seen surveyors on the site lately. Could be down for them.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

I still think the old Costco site would be perfect for Cabela's.

Return to “Central Okanagan”