They fought for our freedom

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: They fought for our freedom

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

D-Day.png
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

Yup...

Freedom so hard fought for, frittered away into selfishness...

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=62A9E578
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

vet.jpg
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

featfan wrote: Jul 5th, 2022, 12:41 pmvet.jpg
Is it not possible to house both? Many servicemen have sacrificed to defend those refugees. Some veterans previously fled to Canada to escape war torn countries.

Have some Canadians lost their respect for veterans and war dead?
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/37 ... r-Memorial
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 11:05 am
featfan wrote: Jul 5th, 2022, 12:41 pmvet.jpg
Is it not possible to house both? Many servicemen have sacrificed to defend those refugees. Some veterans previously fled to Canada to escape war torn countries.

Have some Canadians lost their respect for veterans and war dead?
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/37 ... r-Memorial
Look here instead. :132:
Capture.JPG
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Budget for Veterans affairs for 2021-2022 is 6.29 Billion. There was an 18.5% increase and a 20.1% increase in the last two years.Over 90% of the Department's budget represents payments to Veterans, their families and other program recipients.
https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-va ... igures/2-0

In 2018, when Trudeau made the statement above, there had been a 29.3% increase to the budget.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

GAFFES AND SCANDALS: Veterans still angry and fighting for proper pensions.
https://torontosun.com/news/gaffes-and- ... r-pensions
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 23rd, 2022, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Reason: Off Topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
sitting rabbit
Fledgling

Post by sitting rabbit »

Both my parents were WWII Vets - my Mom was head surgical nurse and triage plus did every and any thing else when needed, my Dad worked on the floating medical labs.

They each taught me a great deal – one thing my mother taught me was: life comes in stages and it is our job to learn how to deal with it with grace, and carry on.
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Afghanistan "Underground Railroad"
For two decades in Iraq and Afghanistan, the American military fought for the freedom of a nation, created bonds of brotherhood between two countries, and made promises on the ground to our soldiers. But last August, with the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the region, 20 years of relationships were squandered in the blink of an eye.

The stark reality we learned a year ago is that, when it comes to Afghanistan, we can no longer look to our current leaders for help. Nobody’s coming. We’re on our own.

Veterans of the long War on Terror know this better than anyone. A recent survey conducted by the Veterans and Citizens Initiative found that 76% of American military veterans are angry about the withdrawal from Afghanistan; 73% feel betrayed; and 71% are having a hard time processing the end of the war. Our troops risked their lives and suffered immeasurable physical and moral injuries. What was it all for?

My fellow veterans and I felt this acutely last year when we launched a rescue mission to save our friend Sergeant First Class Nezammudin “Nezam” Nezami. An Afghan special forces soldier, Nezam trained at Fort Bragg, fought alongside us, and was wounded defending American freedom. And yet, when the time came for his paperwork to be processed, none of us could get the U.S. government to help.
47299295-9940433-image-a-39_1630358453662.jpg

We took it upon ourselves to work directly with the NATO military heroes in Kabul to get Nezam out, utilizing a Signal group chat populated by veterans, State Department officials, and a few media figures. Once we got Nezam safely through the wall in the Kabul airport, we realized we had created an “underground railroad” for more Afghans and their families to find safe passage. It required a treacherous journey through Taliban checkpoints, seething crowds, and rank open sewers where those seeking refuge would look for a chem-light or orange flag signal. Once located, they had to use the password or show an image of a “Pineapple,” to the Marine or soldier standing guard at the hidden entry point.

The Signal group chat supporting these efforts, now known as “Operation Pineapple Express,” grew to 150 individuals from all parts of the country. Together, we worked diligently to get as many people as we could to safety, but we knew we were on borrowed time, as everyone expected an IED to detonate somewhere amidst the chaos of Kabul airport. It did, killing 13 Americans and over 100 innocent Afghans. The bomb ended our official operations, but we continued to work the underground — and we do to this day.

While veterans and volunteers stepped up, the silence from American politicians, diplomats, and senior military leaders has been deafening. Not one senior leader resigned in protest over the embarrassment and human costs of what happened. Instead, these leaders passed off the risk to more junior active-duty members of their organizations and to the combat-fatigued Special Operations Forces veteran population. Operation Pineapple Express was just one of dozens of privately run operations where individuals stepped in to do the work that our military higher-ups and our government refused to do.

*snip*

‐-------------‐---------------------------------
2019_preferred_photo-1-e1591707936847.jpg
- Lt. Col. Scott Mann is a retired Green Beret with over twenty-two years of Army and Special Operations experience.
- His new book is Operation Pineapple Express:The Incredible Story of a Group of Americans Who Undertook One Last Mission and Honored a Promise in Afghanistan.
- He has also written a play about the war called Last Out—Elegy of a Green Beret on Amazon Prime.[/size]
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

:up:

Canada culpable too on mistreatment of allied fighters, to our shame and embarrassment.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”